Do Americans need weapons?

The Constitution is NOT a suicide pact.

Right now the 2A is being leveraged well beyond it's rational original intent. America has the highest gun ownership rate of any developed nation on earth and we have along with it the highest gun homicide rate.

At some point we need to re-equilibrate our "rights" when countless thousands die every year.

The Constitution was NOT written by God in stone. It has, built into it, the ability to change or alter its content.

THAT'S the true power of the Constitution.
You’re attempting to conflate two issues one having nothing to do with the other: gun crime and violence with Second Amendment jurisprudence.

The solution to gun crime and violence is not to amend the Constitution to allow for more regulation, or to subject the Amendment to further judicial interpretation allowing for more regulation.

Bans and restriction have a long history of not working – Prohibition was a unmitigated failure, banning abortion will do nothing to end the practice, and the ‘war’ on drugs has only made the problem worse, facilitating drug crime and violence.

You don't understand your own country. Women in the army and fag in America appeared only a few years ago. America is still an extreme right-wing country, it is a unique country, it is not like any other country in the world in this.

I just heard you say, "No, I know more about a country I'm not in than the people who live there, because I know what I want to believe it is."

Shut. Up. Go peddle your bullshit about your own lame-ass country and quit trying to horn in on ours.

Yes it is a lie.
No it isn't. The left routinely tries to outlaw pistol grips on semi-auto long guns.

Brown v. Board of Education, Hernandez v. Texas, Gideon v. Wainwright, Griswold v. Connecticut, Loving v. Virginia, Roe v. Wade, Plyler v. Doe, Planned Parenthood v. Casey, Romer v. Evans, Lawrence v. Texas, United States v. Windsor, Obergefell v. Hodges
None of those cases change the reality that progressives routinely try to outlaw pistol grips on semi-auto long guns.

Above are but a few of the cases where liberals
Progressives are not liberals. Their routine attempts to violate everyone's civil liberties is the opposite of liberalism.

The fact that the Second Amendment is neither unlimited nor absolute has nothing to do with left or right.
That isn't a fact.

The Second Amendment does have limits, just as all rights do. If there were no limits there would only be a single right to do anything and everything.

But the Second Amendment is absolute. If a law is in conflict with the Second Amendment, the law is unconstitutional.

This is a lie.
No it isn't. Cecilie1200 is entirely correct.

No need to pretend, no such ‘goals’ exist.
Yes they do.

No one seeks to ‘ban’ guns, no one seeks to ‘confiscate’ guns.
Progressives seek to do exactly that.

The notion that anyone seeks to ‘ban’ or ‘confiscate’ guns exists only as a ridiculous rightwing lie.
Not a lie. That is exactly what progressives are trying to do.

It's so sad when people like you can't handle someone with a different opinion.

When I need to hear from someone who's wetting his panties at the idea that someone might own a scary gun, I'll be sure to call you. Meanwhile, I'm not planning to ask for the approval of the likes of you to tell a foreigner to mind his own fucking business when it comes to our country.

In fact, I'm not planning to ask your approval on anything, because I don't respect you enough to allow you to approve of me.

That's overly dramatic.

1. No one is taking your guns. In fact there is NO MAJOR POLITICAL PARTY WHO SAYS THEY WILL.

2. Your personal guns have never been used to maintain freedom. And it is EXTREMELY unlikely you would be able to do so if your freedom were at risk. Look at Ruby Ridge. Look at Waco. Look at Malheur.

You have GOT to be joking. No one is REQUIRED to keep their guns.

Not as easy as getting a gun. Which is probably why mass shootings (like the one THIS AFTERNOON in S.C.) use guns.

While this happens, there are MANY MANY MANY more mass shootings with guns. That must mean that guns are easier to get ahold of and use for this purpose.

It's imaginary. But it's always important to keep the unwashed masses scared of SOMETHING. It's how you control mobs of the less educated. Your favorite anti-elitist stalwarts in Congress are all elites. They've ALWAYS been elites. Most of them only own guns to pose in pictures for you guys to make you think they are like you. They aren't. You're being played.

Apparently not.

Nah. There's a reason why politicians care about their NRA rating. They actually don't much care about you personally....you simply aren't important. Your vote is effectively meaningless because you've been gerrymandered into solid districts that don't really act as political battlegrounds. And YOU don't give much in the way of funding.

The NRA, on the other hand, acts as a great "clearinghouse" for information for the illiteratti so you get skewed info and the politicians only care about the NRA lobbying money.

You're being sold a load of sh*t keeping you amped up over fake outrage. You're being played more than you know.

"No one's saying they're going to take your guns, so why don't you just believe their words at face value the way I do? How DARE you suggest that our betters might lie to us!"

And then I stopped reading, because puling serf-wannabes make me ill.

When I need to hear from someone who's wetting his panties at the idea that someone might own a scary gun,

To be fair I had a gun and gun safety training before I could drive a car.

In fact,I'm not planning to ask your approval on anything, because I don't respect you enough to allow you to approve of me.

I should hope you DON'T feel the need to ask for my approval on ANYTHING! That's a lot of responsibility to throw on me and I'm not up to the task.

As for "respecting me", well you will understand that I don't feel bad that you lack respect for me. In fact, I'm actually kinda proud of it.

"Puling". That is a COOL WORD! I'd not run across that one before. Thanks! That is really neat. I will attempt to utilize it this week!

You're welcome. For reference, here's the definition.

In connotation, it means not simply whining and sniveling, but specifically the sort that one gets from a cranky, fussy baby.

To be fair I had a gun and gun safety training before I could drive a car.

I should hope you DON'T feel the need to ask for my approval on ANYTHING! That's a lot of responsibility to throw on me and I'm not up to the task.

As for "respecting me", well you will understand that I don't feel bad that you lack respect for me. In fact, I'm actually kinda proud of it.

Oh, I'm sorry, I didn't care.

That's fine. You just seemed like you needed some validation on your rant telling me how much you didn't respect me or care about anything I said.

You're welcome.

No, Sparkles, you are once again making the mistake of flattering yourself.

You started out by ostentatiously withholding your approval, as though you thought that was going to matter to me. I informed you that you should wait to withhold your approval from someone who cares. You conveniently forgot that you started it and are now trying to play that I made my statement apropos of nothing.

Learn to read for context.

And I am now officially bored with your narcissistic attempt to make this conversation all about discussing you and your unearned ego, to deflect from the topic and your inability to make an argument beyond, "It's scary for other people to own guns, I hope I can make them feel ashamed for owning them by telling them I think badly about them".

Forum List

Back