Do Americans need weapons?

Once again legal gun ownership has no correlation to the homicide rate.

1. Where there are more guns there is more homicide (literature review)

Our review of the academic literature found that a broad array of evidence indicates that gun availability is a risk factor for homicide, both in the United States and across high-income countries. Case-control studies, ecological time-series and cross-sectional studies indicate that in homes, cities, states and regions in the U.S., where there are more guns, both men and women are at a higher risk for homicide, particularly firearm homicide.

Hepburn, Lisa; Hemenway, David. Firearm availability and homicide: A review of the literature. Aggression and Violent Behavior: A Review Journal. 2004; 9:417-40.

(SOURCE)

Does that matter somehow?
Hell yea it does.

Most of the crime in this country is Black crime. Most of the shootings in this country are Negroes shooting other Negroes. Street thugs, druggies and gang bangers.

No gun control law you stupid uneducated Libtards want to inflict upon the American people will change the ghetto crime mentality.

Most of the crime in this country is Black crime.

You might wish to check with the FBI who say rather the opposite.

Most of the shootings in this country are Negroes shooting other Negroes.

It appears that you are hoping to elicit a response by use of outdated racist language.

No gun control law you stupid uneducated Libtards want to inflict upon the American people will change the ghetto crime mentality.

And clearly no amount of advancements in education will stop bigots from being bigots.

Our review of the academic literature found that a broad array of evidence indicates that gun availability is a risk factor for homicide, both in the United States and across high-income countries. Case-control studies, ecological time-series and cross-sectional studies indicate that in homes, cities, states and regions in the U.S., where there are more guns, both men and women are at a higher risk for homicide, particularly firearm homicide.

Hepburn, Lisa; Hemenway, David. Firearm availability and homicide: A review of the literature. Aggression and Violent Behavior: A Review Journal. 2004; 9:417-40.

(SOURCE)
You are confused Moon Bat.

Most of the crime that takes place in this country are in the Democrat controlled big city shitholes that already have tough gun control laws. Gun control laws do not work, ever.

Those Negroes don't give a crap about any gun law.

They create the demand for guns that are used in crime.

Since there is a demand there will always be a supply, no matter what the law is.

All gun control laws do is make it hard for law abiding citizens to have the ability to protect themselves.

By the way Moon Bat, states with mostly white rural population have a very high per capita ownership of guns and a very low homicide rate compared to the Democrat controlled big city shitholes with Blacks and Browns that love to kill each other every day and twice on the weekends. The premise that more guns create more crime is flawed.

It is guns in the hands of shitheads that create the problems. Like in the hands of some asshole called "Jawayne" who just shot up that mall in SC,

The problem we have is not the ownership of firearms but the destructive culture of the ghetto mentality that use the guns in crimes.

You are confused Moon Bat.

Do you think I wrote the article? Wow. Thanks. Unfortunately I didn't.

Those Negroes don't give a crap about any gun law.

We "get it". You like that word. It helps give your life definition.

By the way Moon Bat,

You need to expand your "insult repertoire". Here are some suggestions when talking to me. You can call me any of these:

Degenerate libtard
Anencephalic douchenozzle
Your mom's favorite boyfriend
Sniveling wimp
Limp-wristed SJW

I've got more if you run out of those.

states with mostly white rural population have a very high per capita ownership of guns

And meth!

(SOURCE)
That's just wrong.

Most murder take place in urban areas where the number of guns per person are lower than in other parts of the country.

Unless you are trying to make the argument that some guy in East Assfuck ND who owns more guns than you think he should is responsible for the murder rate in Compton

According to a 2013 PEW Research Center survey, the household gun ownership rate in rural areas was 2.11 times greater than in urban areas (“Why Own a Gun? Protection is Now Top Reason,” PEW Research Center, March 12, 2013). Suburban households are 28.6% more likely to own guns than urban households. Despite lower gun ownership, urban areas experience much higher murder rates. One should not put much weight on this purely “cross-sectional” evidence over one point in time and many factors determine murder rates, but it is still interesting to note that so much of the country has both very high gun ownership rates and zero murders.

Do you think I wrote the article? Wow. Thanks. Unfortunately I didn't.

We "get it". You like that word. It helps give your life definition.

You need to expand your "insult repertoire". Here are some suggestions when talking to me. You can call me any of these:

Degenerate libtard
Anencephalic douchenozzle
Your mom's favorite boyfriend
Sniveling wimp
Limp-wristed SJW

I've got more if you run out of those.

And meth!
You stupid Libtards don't understand that gun crime in this country is mostly a minority cultural problem. Mostly in Democrat controlled big city shitholes. You dipshits think it is because we have a Constitutional Right to Keep and Bear Arms.

Pull your head out of your Moon Bat ass.

You stupid Libtards don't understand that gun crime in this country is mostly a minority cultural problem. Mostly in Democrat controlled big city shitholes. You dipshits think it is because we have a Constitutional Right to Keep and Bear Arms.

The powers that be want it that way.

There is no attempt to get criminals off the streets because people just don't care is young minority males kill each other

The powers that be want it that way.

There is no attempt to get criminals off the streets because people just don't care is young minority males kill each other
True, nobody really cares if Blacks kill Blacks. The Liberals don't care because in their Democrat controlled big city shitholes they kiss the ass of the minority community and don't ever get tough on crime.

For instance, in Democrat controlled Chicago so far this year (as of this morning) there have been 756 shot with 145 of them killed.

I hoped you would expand beyond "Moon Bat". It's a good one, I'll agree. But tis getting stale now.

(SOURCE)
That study is bogus. Statistics show that gun availability has little impact on homicide rates.

OK, then a gun homicide problem. We have the highest per capita rate of gun homicides of any developed first world nation by a HUGE margin.
I do not regard it as any kind of a problem that so many of our homicides involve the use of a gun.

The victims would be just as dead if they were killed with other kinds of weapons.

No chance of that. Only the left wants to violate people's civil liberties for fun.

The rest of America values civil liberties.
This is a lie.

It’s the authoritarian right that seeks to violate citizens' rights and protected liberties.

For decades liberals have fought to defend those rights and protected liberties from attack by conservatives – the ongoing war on women’s rights by conservatives being among the more reprehensible examples.

This is a lie.
No it isn't. The left routinely tries to outlaw pistol grips on semi-auto long guns.

It’s the authoritarian right that seeks to violate citizens' rights and protected liberties.
The attempts to outlaw pistol grips on semi-auto long guns is coming from the left.

For decades liberals have fought to defend those rights and protected liberties
Progressives are in no way deserving of the label "liberal".

And as I noted above, progressives are the ones who are trying to outlaw pistol grips on semi-auto long guns.

from attack by conservatives – the ongoing war on women’s rights by conservatives being among the more reprehensible examples.
Meh. Off topic, but feminists are the victims of their own whacky extremism.

They'd have a lot more support for their position if they acknowledged that men have a vital interest in the question of whether or not they become a father.

No it isn't. The left routinely tries to outlaw pistol grips on semi-auto long guns.

That isn't quite the same thing as taking your guns away from you.

Yeah, it's pretty extreme when people want to get paid the same as a man for the same work.

They'd have a lot more support for their position if they acknowledged that men have a vital interest in the question of whether or not they become a father.

How is the man's body impacted?

Interestingly racist idea.

That wasn't my point at all. My point is more legal guns means a higher probability that those legal guns will make it into hands of people who want to do illegal things.

More legal guns means higher probability of gun theft.
More legal guns means higher probability of uncontrolled sales/illegal sales

Let's try another example.

Let's say that doctors started prescribing say, an opiod painkiller, at EXTREMELY HIGH RATES. Suddenly the probability of people getting ahold of this opiod illegally increases because of the chance of theft or illegal sales of the opiod.

Does that make sense?
It makes sense but it’s rhetorical and irrelevant.

The attempts to outlaw pistol grips on semi-auto long guns is coming from the left.

Progressives are in no way deserving of the label "liberal".

And as I noted above, progressives are the ones who are trying to outlaw pistol grips on semi-auto long guns.

Yes it is a lie.

Brown v. Board of Education, Hernandez v. Texas, Gideon v. Wainwright, Griswold v. Connecticut, Loving v. Virginia, Roe v. Wade, Plyler v. Doe, Planned Parenthood v. Casey, Romer v. Evans, Lawrence v. Texas, United States v. Windsor, Obergefell v. Hodges

Above are but a few of the cases where liberals defended the rights and protected liberties of citizens from attack by racist, bigoted, hateful conservatives.

And liberals will continue the fight against the authoritarian right’s effort to violate the rights and protected liberties of citizens for years to come – if not in the courts, then at the ballot box.

"We haven't succeeded in our goals yet, so that means you should pretend our goals don't exist! Be as stupid and gullible as I am, damn it!"

Uh huh.
This is a lie.

No need to pretend, no such ‘goals’ exist.

No one seeks to ‘ban’ guns, no one seeks to ‘confiscate’ guns.

The notion that anyone seeks to ‘ban’ or ‘confiscate’ guns exists only as a ridiculous rightwing lie.

The idea of the 2nd Amendment is to have weapons to create a militia if necessary and prevent the arbitrariness of the feds. It doesn't work, the feds are constantly getting stronger, and the Americans have already turned into obedient sheep of the left regime. The weapon has become a fetish. The left is not afraid of it.
It doesn’t work because that was never the intent of the Second Amendment.

The Framers never sanctioned insurrectionist dogma; it was never the Founders’ intent to amend the Constitution to authorize the destruction of the Republic they had just created.

There is no ‘left regime,’ whatever that’s supposed to be.

The fact that the Second Amendment is neither unlimited nor absolute has nothing to do with left or right.

The fact that government has the authority to place limits and restrictions on the Second Amendment right consistent with Second Amendment jurisprudence likewise has nothing to do with left or right.

I believe that only those who agree to join the militia, conduct exercises and, if necessary, fight for the state should have the right to bear arms. Otherwise, this will lead to the federalization of the state and the deprivation of the right to own weapons in general.
This makes no sense whatsoever.

If the only citizens who have the right to bear arms are those who agree to join the militia, conduct exercises, and fight for the state, then the general right to own weapons is already lost – having nothing to do with the ‘federalization’ of the state.

Fortunately what you believe is wrong; the Second Amendment right enshrines an individual right to possess a weapon, unconnected to militia service.

Forum List

Back