Do Americans need weapons?

"Der taken r guns!"
They haven't "taken ur guns" for over 245 years. Don't hold your breath.
It's not for lack of trying.

Progressives keep failing to take our guns because the NRA keeps defeating them.

-----------------------------------------------------
They will. And you will taste dicks readily when the time comes. Conservatives have no spine...just ask Broke Loser.
You may think you can be tough when they come to your door, but by then you will have no choice but to drop to your knees, put your hands behind your back and tell them not only where each and every one of your stashes is located, but also that of any and all friends or family you might have.
You'll be surprised how fast you change into compliance when they have a gun shoved up your behind ready to pull the trigger.
If they ask me where my guns are, I will tell them that I lost them all in an unfortunate boating accident.

If they try to take my guns I will fight them in court.

-----------------------------------------------------
No you won't. When Obama was there you called him a terrorist, Muslim and tyrannical yet you never fired a shot. You haven't the guts Rambo.
If the government come for your guns, you would evacuate your bowels before you did the house.
What would you do? Shoot them? that puts you in jail. Take on the military? In your dreams.
You'd do nothing. You've got no guts.
I'd challenge them in court, and win.

size and type of gun regulated, and no need whatsoever to carry them around in public.
Unconstitutional. We have the right to have enough firepower for effective self defense. We also have the right to any kind of gun that there is no justification for banning.

We also have the right to defend ourselves while out in public.

If you're interested in UK guns, watch this.
The lack of freedom in the UK is heartbreaking.

Rights and privileges has never been a concern, not sure if anyone outside on America has wanted to argue that, it's irrelevant.
Americans have never felt that freedom is irrelevant.

The issue is the violence/deaths from guns.
Murder victims are just as dead when they are killed with a different kind of weapon.

The UK had handguns, never a problem. Then the Dunblane massacre of 1996 resulted in them being banned. So they now have to be a certain length, per in the video. I imagine to restrict concealment
Handguns that have to be as long as a rifle are not exactly handguns anymore.

Unconstitutional. We have the right to have enough firepower for effective self defense. We also have the right to any kind of gun that there is no justification for banning.

Totally agree! Every American should have access to any and all "arms". No limits. Including nuclear.

We also have the right to defend ourselves while out in public.

I know that when I go to the grocery store or the church or even to see a movie I am TERRIFIED that evil-doers will be around every corner. That's one of the best parts of living in America today. You know there's baddies out there doing evil things.

The lack of freedom in the UK is heartbreaking.

Don't feel too bad for them. They suffer from having a much lower gun homicide rate than we do and I bet that makes them feel sad.

Murder victims are just as dead when they are killed with a different kind of weapon.

I once heard about someone being killed with a hammer. I guess if we didn't have guns that kill quickly and efficiently we'd still have a weekly mass hammering. A lot more work but I'm sure it can achieve the same body count.

If you have a weapon, you should be in the reserve of the militia. It's written in the second amendment. Carrying a weapon makes a man liable for military service.
That is incorrect. People have the right to keep and bear arms even if they are not a member of any military organization.

This is bad because it doesn't help create a militia, instead gun ownership becomes chaotic and will eventually lead to the left taking those rights away under the pretense of endangering life.
Upholding our rights is never bad.

The left will never be allowed to take our rights away (although the failure of the left will certainly not be for a lack of trying).

I believe that only those who agree to join the militia, conduct exercises and, if necessary, fight for the state should have the right to bear arms.
The Constitution disagrees with you. Everyone has the right to keep and bear arms.

Otherwise, this will lead to the federalization of the state and the deprivation of the right to own weapons in general.
The NRA will always protect our rights.

What law gives women the right to own guns?
Let's start with the ancient right to keep and bear arms.

And at the same time, the right to arms is directly related to the militia
Accordingly, only men are allowed, and men must be in the militia.
That is incorrect. The entire people have the right to keep and bear arms, not just members of a military body, and certainly not just men.

This follows from the text of the amendment itself.
No. Congress cannot change what is written in the constitution. And it says that US men as part of the militia have the right to own weapons, and must also have equipment and be organized.
That is incorrect. It says nothing of the sort.

It says that the right to keep and bear arms is held by the people.

I didn't say that gun ownership should be abolished. It must be streamlined and clearly linked to the state's right to form a militia.
There is no such requirement.

The mere right to individual self-defense does not fully implement the 2nd Amendment, it also includes the right to be protected from the feds.
True. But having guns for private self defense is one part of it.

It's great that you want to restore the militia. But this should not be done at the expense of our self defense rights.

Not nonsense. The two parts of the Second Amendment are independent from each other.

Don't feel too bad for them. They suffer from having a much lower gun homicide rate than we do and I bet that makes them feel sad.
Having murder victims be killed with a different kind of weapon is not much consolation for losing your freedom.

Correct. But a gun can make MORE of those dead people in a minute than a hammer.
Most homicides are close range events with few victims. The greater efficiency of guns doesn't make much difference in those situations.

That's why gun availability has little impact on homicide rates.

Most homicides are close range events with few victims. The greater efficiency of guns doesn't make much difference in those situations.

That's why gun availability has little impact on homicide rates.
Chicago jigs differ.

What those ignorant of history (such as OP?) fail to realize is that in the period from first settlement in North America by Europeans up to only the past century or so, those living in rural areas had to deal with both four legged and two legged varmints.

Four legged could include bear, wolf, large cat(puma), and even none legged such as rattle snake. Arms(weapons) of one sort or another helped increase one's chance of survivng an attack.

Two legged sorts could be the occasional roving criminal sorts and on occasions also tribes/war bands of local natives~"first peoples"~Indians, ... Again arms(weapons) would prove helpful in defense. Local militias were often "organized" to deal with these potential threats, and later also for a more military purpose. At time of the War of Independence, many local militias were left over from a couple decades prior and their use in the French and Indian Wars.

There was no "9-1-1" to call for help in 1775.
Even today it sometimes takes 15 minutes just to get a 911 operator to pick up your call. Rigor Mortis will set in before the first reponder arrives.

Time to add rocket artillery to the second. :cool-45:

The 2nd amendment always implied artillery.
During the American Revolution, most of the cannon used by the Continental Army was privately owned.
But modern warfare is likely best done with stealth, as guerilla warfare, so does not need heavy weapons like planes, tanks, or artillery.

You need to be ready for everything.
Those problems that you listed are due to the fact that people forget why they need weapons. It will sober them up.

If you have a weapon, you should be in the reserve of the militia. It's written in the second amendment. Carrying a weapon makes a man liable for military service.

Being a citizen makes one liable for miliary service, but you will be much more effective if you have your own arms and experience.

Firearms are very dangerous and unnecessary toys.

So then the first thing we should to is disarm all the police and military, since they have the history of murdering innocent people.
It is the average people who I trust with firearms a lot more than I trust paid mercenaries like the police or the military.

It had nothing to do with the people revolting against the government of the people. Congress had the authority to establish and regulate the various state militias.

Not quite.
What congress is authorized to do is call up militias from the various state, if the emergency arises.
Congress has no authority over the state or local militias when there is no emergency.

Totally agree! Every American should have access to any and all "arms". No limits. Including nuclear.

I know that when I go to the grocery store or the church or even to see a movie I am TERRIFIED that evil-doers will be around every corner. That's one of the best parts of living in America today. You know there's baddies out there doing evil things.

I once heard about someone being killed with a hammer. I guess if we didn't have guns that kill quickly and efficiently we'd still have a weekly mass hammering. A lot more work but I'm sure it can achieve the same body count.

The biggest mass murders have been done with arson, second is explosives.
Firearms are down below poison.
The main reason firearms are almost impossible to use for mass murder is that the noise is so loud that it gives you away.
With something more stealthy, like arson, explosives, or poison, no one can easily tell who did it, so you can keep repeating it over and over.

But the reason England has a lower murder rate is that they do not have the crazy War on Drugs like the US does.
That is what causes all the gun violence.

RIP over 30,000 people who die by guns in USA every year.

Weapons are of little use except murder and suicide.

23,000 of those are suicides which is why you won’t mention that fact. Of the rest, the majority are criminals murdering criminals murdering criminals, which is another fact you won’t state.

Also, law abiding Americans use their legal guns 1.1 million times a year to stop rapes, robberies, murders, beatings and stabbings…..according to the Centers for Disease Control.

So do Americans need guns? Absolutely…….

Forum List

Back