Do all who reject the Bible end up in Hell? What if they've never had one?

Of course not! But the writers of Matthew DID make a snarky remark about Jews - calling them hypocrites by going to the synagogue.

we need more , not less praying in public...

Did you listen to the bit? He wasn’t talking about Jesus he was talking about organized religion. try listening before responding
Jesus was born into an organized religion, the one GOD himself established

Then Jesus established His own version thereof... He never threw out the rituals and ordinances of the Old T... I have actually read that Book... AND I understand most of, thanks to Catholic scholars like the saints.. Aquinas, et al

Then Jesus established His own version thereof... He never threw out the rituals and ordinances of the Old T... I have actually read that Book... AND I understand most of, thanks to Catholic scholars like the saints.. Aquinas, et al
I’m not so sure about that. In the NT, isn’t it reported that Jesus Christ told his Jewish disciples that they don’t have to keep kosher any more? Kashrut is a KEY tradition - more, a law - and that is making a big change to the religion.

I’m not so sure about that. In the NT, isn’t it reported that Jesus Christ told his Jewish disciples that they don’t have to keep kosher any more? Kashrut is a KEY tradition - more, a law - and that is making a big change to the religion.
No----Paul did that-----he had a dream. The early
"christians" also cut out (no pun intended) circumcision. no one told Jesus about it

not really

it's not like Jesus said that the destruction of Sodom and Gomorrah was a big mistake on God's part or anything...

No----Paul did that-----he had a dream. The early
"christians" also cut out (no pun intended) circumcision. no one told Jesus about it
Interesting. In the NT, it seems to be attributed to Jesus. (That verse about what goes into your mouth is pure bit.)

That said, why do you think he would cast away G-d’s law to Moses? My sense is that he wanted to make it attractive to abandon Judaism and adopt the new religion. “hey, we can eat pig and lobster now….yippee” type of thing. Your thoughts?

Interesting. In the NT, it seems to be attributed to Jesus. (That verse about what goes into your mouth is pure bit.)

That said, why do you think he would cast away G-d’s law to Moses? My sense is that he wanted to make it attractive to abandon Judaism and adopt the new religion. “hey, we can eat pig and lobster now….yippee” type of thing. Your thoughts?
Jesus said all foods are acceptable.. so He changed some unimportant things..

He did not throw out laws against fornication or adultery and etc... The Church he founded kept what was important and discarded what was not.

That’s great, but did you listen to the Carlin piece? If so, what did he get wrong?

He did not throw out laws against fornication or adultery and etc... The Church he founded kept what was important and discarded what was not.

Keeping kosher is important to many Jews, most of them back then and a good number today, as that is what G-d commanded us as part of his Torah. What you are saying is that Jesus decided that keeping kosher not important.

Paul sorta attributes his dream to Jesus. As to the
comment
what goes in your mouth....
seems to me that christians OVER INTERPRET IT

Paul sorta attributes his dream to Jesus. As to the
comment
what goes in your mouth....
seems to me that christians OVER INTERPRET IT
From my own readings, Jesus was a practicing Jew, and that included keeping kosher. It doesn’t make sense that he would tell his disciples that they could chow down on a cheeseburger and wash it down with an ice cream sundae, so to speak.

nope----Jesus never said that
From my own readings, Jesus was a practicing Jew, and that included keeping kosher. It doesn’t make sense that he would tell his disciples that they could chow down on a cheeseburger and wash it down with an ice cream sundae, so to speak.
seems to me that Paul was desperate to EXPAND
Judaism to any and all. He knocked out most of
the stuff that bothered Romans. Romans loved to
EAT and hated CIRCUMCISION

That's not unusual. Most Christians have read the old testament and studied it in Sunday school and Bible study.

That's not unusual. Most Christians have read the old testament and studied it in Sunday school and Bible study.
"most christians have read the old testament......"
ROFLMAO
same for the NT even less muslims read the kharahan

Just between you and me, Paul attributes a lot to Jesus which he likely never said. I wouldn’t want to offend Christians, so I will send you a PM about one very critical comment, if you don’t mind.

"most christians have read the old testament......"
ROFLMAO
same for the NT even less muslims read the kharahan
Surada is on another thread saying Masada was a lie. Take what she claims with a grain of salt.

Surada is on another thread saying Masada was a lie. Take what she claims with a grain of salt.
Yes---the history was written by Josephus Flavius---
a real darling of the catholic church----his extant
writings were hidden in the Vatican Vaults. Long
ago I read a critique by a christian minister who
lauded Josephus "NO END"-----except for his ONE
BIG TIME MISTAKE---josephus liked pharisees TOO
DAMNED MUCH !!!!!!

Jesus was not advocating people eating pork and lobster. His point was not eating pork and/or shellfish was not an indicator of a clean heart. What came out of the heart through the mouth indicated a clean heart.

Jesus was not advocating people eating pork and lobster. His point was not eating pork and/or shellfish was not an indicator of a clean heart. What came out of the heart through the mouth indicated a clean heart.
So then he never actually said not to keep kosher? That would make more sense.

Forum List

Back