Disney loses against Desantis, Florida will now take back control over Disney fiefdom.....

I think you need to look more closely at my avatar. It is Che picking his nose. I mock Che and further mock Americans who defend him.
And you call yourself "LEFT OF LEFT."
The Leftist Obamas wore Che tee shirts and you admittedly are left of them.
Despicable.

Well an update. It seems that DeSantis actually lost this one.

It seems that Disney put Covenants in place to insure they had total control of all their property.

And those are in effect until 21 years after the death of the grandchildren of King Charles of England.

And let’s not forget the $1 Billion debt the State saddled the local counties with.

If this is what DeSantis calls a win, I’d hate to see what a loss looks like. I’m sure it would involve the eradication of a significant part of Florida.
really cause the new board isn’t contirled by disney? did you read the link? “we are gonna have to deal with it and correct it” - how’s that a win for disney?

really cause the new board isn’t contirled by disney? did you read the link? “we are gonna have to deal with it and correct it” - how’s that a win for disney?

I posted more later. To summarize. The correction is going to take years. Probably twenty or more. As the agreement is litigated in courts. Many court cases. Disney has lawyers on staff. They have the lawyers already. The board and behind them the state, is going to have to hire a ton of lawyers. Lots of money, for lots of years, to break the Covenants in place.

And you call yourself "LEFT OF LEFT."
The Leftist Obamas wore Che tee shirts and you admittedly are left of them.
Despicable.
If you are Left of Left, what are you? Right! I remember the Obama supporters wearing Che shirts and laughed my ass off given how Che felt about Blacks.

I posted more later. To summarize. The correction is going to take years. Probably twenty or more. As the agreement is litigated in courts. Many court cases. Disney has lawyers on staff. They have the lawyers already. The board and behind them the state, is going to have to hire a ton of lawyers. Lots of money, for lots of years, to break the Covenants in place.
Disney having lawyers on staff? ok the State of Florida has lawyers on staff too.

The point is that the state runs the board now, not Disney.

Disney having lawyers on staff? ok the State of Florida has lawyers on staff too.

The point is that Disney removed all power from the board before DeSantis could take over

The Board is supposed to be semi autonomous.

And if the State has so many lawyers, why is the board saying that they are hiring many law firms?

This is true, but it appears the old board neutered the new board.

WW
haha not at all...the new board can make new rules, not to mention they have the General Assembly that makes laws, and a Gov, who enforces them on their side. Convenants can be broke, changed, etc

All because DeSantis got his fee fees hurt.
well DeSantis didn't pass the law....the General Assembly of the State of FL, who were elected by the people of FL to speak for them did.

Are you not familiar with how our system of Govt works?

haha not at all...the new board can make new rules, not to mention they have the General Assembly that makes laws, and a Gov, who enforces them on their side. Convenants can be broke, changed, etc

They can make new rules, but they can’t revoke contracts made by the previous board.
Disney tied them up for the next 100 years

They can make new rules, but they can’t revoke contracts made by the previous board.
Of course they can. People break contracts all the time. There maybe a penalty or such as having to pay the full contract, but they are broke daily in this country.

Try again

Of course they can. People break contracts all the time. There maybe a penalty or such as having to pay the full contract, but they are broke daily in this country.

Try again
Well, the contract is between Reedy Creek and Disney itself
Disney has this control for as long as King Charles grandkids live…

Go ahead and try to break it

Additionally, this isn't about a contract, it's about convenants that run with the land....different jurisdictions will look at different elements to see if such a think will run with the land...but four basic elements are:
  1. Intent to run with the land at time of covenant formation
  2. Whether the subsequent landowner has notice
  3. Whether the covenant has touches and concerns the land
  4. If privity exists between the parties
The Courts typically don't like convenants that run with the land, in particular if they are restrictive, because we don't want to bind future owners.

Additionally, this isn't about a contract, it's about convenants that run with the land....different jurisdictions will look at different elements to see if such a think will run with the land...but four basic elements are:
  1. Intent to run with the land at time of covenant formation
  2. Whether the subsequent landowner has notice
  3. Whether the covenant has touches and concerns the land
  4. If privity exists between the parties
The Courts typically don't like convenants that run with the land, in particular if they are restrictive, because we don't want to bind future owners.

Courts don’t like contracts that are unilaterally changed by one of the parties

Well, the contract is between Reedy Creek and Disney itself
Disney has this control for as long as King Charles grandkids live…

Go ahead and try to break it
Reedy Creek is Disney....

King Charles died well before Disney was exist...he died in 1649...his grandkids aren't alive anymore either..https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charles_I_of_England

Courts don’t like contracts that are unilaterally changed by one of the parties
well that would be a breach of contract, and certainly, as I said, the breaching party might have to pay damages.

With that said, the State of FL was never a party to any contract, and they are now in charge.

Forum List

Back