Disney loses against Desantis, Florida will now take back control over Disney fiefdom.....

2aguy

Diamond Member
Jul 19, 2014
If there is another thread on this already please join this one to it...I plugged in Disney and Desantis and didn't get any hit....so...

Ron Desantis shows the way to deal with Woke companies who take sides in support of the democrat party....a party that would gladly destroy them by the way....

A new plan introduced by the state legislature Friday — with the backing of the governor — proposes a special law that would put in place state oversight over Disney’s Reedy Creek Improvement District, effectively ending Disney’s self-rule over its Orlando fiefdom where it has enjoyed numerous special privileges, including tax breaks, for five decades.

The measure would also prevent Disney from using taxpayer dollars to pay off the district’s outstanding debts and bond obligations.

The notice for the plan was posted on Osceola County’s official site, but the legislation would also impact Orange County since Disney operates in both counties.

“The corporate kingdom has come to an end,” DeSantis’ communications director, Taryn Fenske, said in a statement to Breitbart News. “Under the proposed legislation, Disney will no longer control its own government, will live under the same laws as everyone else, will be responsible for their outstanding debts, and will pay their fair share of taxes.”

She added: “Imposing a state-controlled board will also ensure that Orange County cannot use this issue as a pretext to raise taxes on Orange County residents.”

Gov. DeSantis will have the power to appoint members to Reedy Creek’s oversight board if the bill passes, sources told Fox News.

If you people don't know what's wrong with Disneyworld, this should explain it.
p4.png

If there is another thread on this already please join this one to it...I plugged in Disney and Desantis and didn't get any hit....so...

Ron Desantis shows the way to deal with Woke companies who take sides in support of the democrat party....a party that would gladly destroy them by the way....

A new plan introduced by the state legislature Friday — with the backing of the governor — proposes a special law that would put in place state oversight over Disney’s Reedy Creek Improvement District, effectively ending Disney’s self-rule over its Orlando fiefdom where it has enjoyed numerous special privileges, including tax breaks, for five decades.

The measure would also prevent Disney from using taxpayer dollars to pay off the district’s outstanding debts and bond obligations.

The notice for the plan was posted on Osceola County’s official site, but the legislation would also impact Orange County since Disney operates in both counties.

“The corporate kingdom has come to an end,” DeSantis’ communications director, Taryn Fenske, said in a statement to Breitbart News. “Under the proposed legislation, Disney will no longer control its own government, will live under the same laws as everyone else, will be responsible for their outstanding debts, and will pay their fair share of taxes.”

She added: “Imposing a state-controlled board will also ensure that Orange County cannot use this issue as a pretext to raise taxes on Orange County residents.”

Gov. DeSantis will have the power to appoint members to Reedy Creek’s oversight board if the bill passes, sources told Fox News.

Disney will be around long after DeSantis is gone and forgotten. And now that the county tax payers have to pick up the tab for $2 billion taxes, and pay for their own fire, and police. I'm sure thats going to work out real well next election.

The State has a contract with Disney for control of the area.
Disney has made a heavy investment in infrastructure
I don’t think the state can arbitrarily change the terms of the contract.

Disney has some of the best lawyers in the country. I am sure they will not meekly submit to the DeSantis Temper Tantrum

The State has a contract with Disney for control of the area.
Disney has made a heavy investment in infrastructure
I don’t think the state can arbitrarily change the terms of the contract.

Disney has some of the best lawyers in the country. I am sure they will not meekly submit to the DeSantis Temper Tantrum
No skin off Doo Doo Ron's teeth..

It's free pub on the tax payer tit...

I am betting the law does not stand up to the courts. They are targeting a specific company with this law, purely for political reasons.

not surprised the left is coming out to protect one if there bug donors from having to pay their fair share in taxes

Forum List

Back