Disinformation is enemy #1.

Trump voters tell NBC Reporter that ‘Russia is not our enemy’​

I, along with I'm sure many others, have made the point our self governance relies on an informed, engaged electorate.

If someone would like to explain to me how these MAGAists came to believe the things they said if not for RWM disinformation I'd like to hear it.

How does a MSNBC talking-head guest know that people think Putin is OK after Tucker Carlson's interview? I saw the whole interview and my opinion of Putin is that we still cannot trust him and that he is a dictator that just killed his opposition.

Here's another example of disinformation. The claim that the 1/6 convicted criminals are hostages.

Supreme Court Sets Rules for Blocking Citizens From Officials’ Accounts

The Supreme Court, in a pair of unanimous decisions on Friday, added some clarity to a vexing constitutional puzzle: how to decide when elected officials violate the First Amendment by blocking people from their social media accounts.

Justice Amy Coney Barrett, writing for the court in the lead case, said two things are required before officials may be sued by people they have blocked. The officials must have been empowered to speak for the government on the issues they addressed on their sites, she wrote, and they must have used that authority in the posts in question.

The court did not apply the new standard to the cases before them, involving a city manager in Port Huron, Mich., and two members of a school board in California. Instead, it returned the cases to lower courts to perform that task.

The cases were the first of several this term in which the Supreme Court is considering how the First Amendment applies to social media. The court heard arguments last month on whether states may prohibit large technology platforms from removing posts based on the views they express, and it will consider on Monday whether Biden administration officials may contact social media platforms to combat what they say is misinformation.

These are complicated and enormously consequential issues.

Not really.

Neo-liberals just want to destroy America, and create an;

Inverted totalitarianism​

Matt Taibbi on How “Free Speech” Turned Into a “Far Right” Slogan​

I can recommend you join the other challenged leftists on this board in a remedial reading comprehension course i have suggested to so many others.

I guess you have nothing further to add after your dumb embassy argument :lol: :lol: :lol:

hjnniijjiknmk.png

And all they need to do then is declare disinformation to be a national security or health emergency, and who really thinks that will never happen? It won't be long before an administration makes that declaration and enacts censorship under an umbrella designed to get around the 1st Amendment.

It is a national security and health issue. Look at what has happened since the start of the pandemic and then the election. How many idiot republicans died because they listened to lies about covid? How many people have been sent to jail or lost their jobs and lives over election lies? Foxnews had to pay out almost a billion dollars in pocket change because of it lol.

I've seen far more nuance between Trump supporters than between Biden supporters, personally. Most Trump supporters I know can name several flaws they see in his views or his policies. A good example is Warp Speed. It's seen as a failure in hindsight.

I haven't seen many Biden supporters acknowledge his flaws, unless it's a begrudging mention of the failure of the Afghanistan withdrawal which ultimately involves them blaming Trump.

Failure in what way?

They see flaws but they'll still vote for Trump over and over again, you mean. I have seen no such criticism of Trump on here, but I'm guessing you're talking about in real life. Before the conclusion of the last election Trump enjoyed something like 94% support from Republicans. Democrats don't even want Biden to run again and that's not anecdotal like your example. That's from actual polling, so they know all his flaws already if you personally haven't heard them for whatever reason.

the proof was 60 judges who threw out cases without listening to the evidence. All of them!!!! We get it, you all don't have a thought process to understand that implication.
You have been disinformed, nitwit.

The various claims of evidence alleging a stolen 2020 election have been exhaustively investigated and litigated. Judges heard claims of illegal voting and found they were without merit.

Rep. Liz Cheney, the former chair of the House Republican Conference, stated on February 23: "The president and many around him pushed this idea that the election had been stolen. And that is a dangerous claim. It wasn't true," she said. "There were over 60 court cases where judges, including judges appointed by President Trump and other Republican presidents, looked at the evidence in many cases and said there is not widespread fraud."

CLC’s researched the cases. Some, as referenced by Rep. Cheney, were withdrawn by the Trump team before the courts ever ruled or dismissed on procedural grounds. But many were decided on the merits.

For a full case tracker, visit Election Law at Ohio State.

Post-Election Cases Decided on the Merits:

• Trump v. Biden (Wis. Dec. 14, 2020) – In a 4-3 decision, the Wisconsin Supreme Court dismissed three of Trump’s four claims under the doctrine of laches. However, it decided on the merits Trump’s claim that voters wrongfully declared themselves indefinitely confined. Ultimately, the court ruled against Trump on this claim because Trump challenged the status of all voters who claimed an indefinitely confined status, rather than individual voters. Trump petitioned to the U.S. Supreme Court for writ of certiorari on Dec. 29, 2020 with a motion for expedited consideration, but the court denied his motion to expedite on January 11.

Not really.

Neo-liberals just want to destroy America, and create an;

Inverted totalitarianism​

I like some of Taibbi's work. He's a talented writer. Unfortunately, he's gone down the nutjob rabbit hole on a lot of issues.

I like some of Taibbi's work. He's a talented writer. Unfortunately, he's gone down the nutjob rabbit hole on a lot of issues.

In your world someone saying something that is less than 100% Cult approved makes them a nutjob.
But you aren't in that Cult- sure.

Forum List

Back