Discontinued Vehicle Models 2019-20

2021>>>
image.jpg

~S~

Audi if you're gonna buy an a3 youre better off with a vw .
A4 or higher for audi

On of my hillbilly friends she loves her passat ...good engines and trannies...its the rest of the car that falls apart lol...people are nutso for thier little jettas to
Which is an a3 pretty much

Vw and audi all the parts come off the same lines anyway ...pretty much
Most of both badges ...interior buttons and door handles are exactly the same

They call vw the poor mans audi ..

• Most of the models are being retired to make room for new models, in many cases sedans in favor of crossovers and SUVs.
Guns are banned, more and more progressively these days, and it's illegal to go hunting or fishing, so SUVs and similar models are not as useful for "sport" utility as such.

Furthermore, married women are making more of the financial decisions, rather than their husbands, and people are renting rather than owning homes these days, so home improvement and yard chores for which SUVs and pickups would have been useful, are now the responsibility of landlords, realitors, and professional contractors.

In other words, people are full of shit and can't afford the gas and the economy is dead.

You can smell the bullshit a mile away when you read, "in light of changing consumer preferences for SUVs". :rolleyes:

They've been trying to sell that line for 30 years.

You can smell the bullshit a mile away when you read, "in light of changing consumer preferences for SUVs". :rolleyes:

I dont know where you live but Trucks,SUV's and CrossOvers dominate here.
You still see a shit ton of Mercedes and other luxury cars in Houston but those mentioned are far more prevalent.

Won't miss any of them... roughly half I didn't even know existed.

Haha... so long Volt...everybody claimed to love ya...but nobody bought ya. Funny that.

The Taurus and Fiesta were out before I learned to drive I think. They were POSs then and I never paid enough attention to if they improved.

PS- An especially loud LOL @ the Taurus SHO

The Taurus was the Chrysler K car of the 90's.

I dont know where you live but Trucks,SUV's and CrossOvers dominate here.
You still see a shit ton of Mercedes and other luxury cars in Houston but those mentioned are far more prevalent.
We'll see how long that lasts, many Millennials are no longer buying expensive cars, SUVs and trucks, they can't afford them. Smaller, cheaper cars as well as cheaper (non-cruiser style bikes) are what they want. We may be seeing a major shift over the next decade in what the manufacturers are offering. With motorcycles Harley and Indian have taken a hit over the last few years, one of our two Harley dealerships here appears to have closed. No bikes in the lot or showroom and the doors are locked.

My wife's car is a BMW 330GT (X-drive, blah, blah, blah). It's one of the cancelled cars.

The GT is distinguished by a hatchback, an extended wheelbase, longer overall length, and several inches more legroom in the back seat than a standard 3-Series sedan. In effect a 3-Series GT is sized midway between a 3-Series and a 5-Series sedan. The hatchback and fold-flat seats give it about the same utility as an X3, particularly with the AWD feature.

The 3-Series GT was the car that Kia copied when it introduced the Stinger GT, so at least they thought it was a good idea.

Not to be silly about it, but I think it is a nearly perfect sedan. Can't imagine why people aren't buying it.

Look, pogo here. Is there ever a thread he isn't in? Anywhere?Nooo there isn't. He is cupochere from DH

Fag cocksuker has no life cept every single thread on the forums.

Yeah they all look the same. Why I have a 2003 Corvette, nothing like it

The wasteful, absurd preference for S.tupid U.seless V.ehicles would be blessed thing to come to an end. It is already bad enough that we continue with the antique technology of inefficient reciprocating piston motors, with over half their fuel going out the tailpipe unburned. Excessively heavy tanks added to the stupidity only means more of us poisoned for the vanity of a few.

One iconic car that is out of production that is not on the list is the Chevy Impala

The 2020 Impala ended its production run in January. It was an excellent car. Roomy, handsome, reasonably fuel-efficient, and safe. Able to seat five adults comfortably.

It was merely a victim of changing customer preferences. There was absolutely nothing wrong with it.

I am the typical DIY guy when is about cars. I like Honda cars because are easy to fix and won't require major repairs up to over 150,000 miles. The 2013 Accord was in need of a new catalyc converter after 170,000 miles. Water pump still working fine, and repairs have been the regular maintenance including the struts. The car engine and CVT still working without issues.

Hyundai is more complicated to work with. The design under the hood is to have key bolts in such hidden or hard to reach places, probably is the company's hope for you to desist fixing it by yourself and taking it to the dealer. And parts for Hyundai are expensive.

American cars are easier to fix. Having an old Buick, I love working in a heavy car with cast iron engine and transmission. disassembling the top engine is a delight. Lots of space, accessibility to remove bolts, the car cooperate a lot with you to do the repairs. Had Chrysler and Nissan vehicles before, Nissan was great, but Chrysler was very comfortable but was made to break fast.

Audi... ah.... Audi... any problem with this car you must remove the front bumper, put AC and water radiators to one side to finally have access and do a repair. I have been told that BMW cars are also complicated to be repaired.

I will keep buying Honda, Hyundai, Volvo, and other gasoline cars. I'm not in the mood to start learning how to fix "electric cars", because such is the purpose why Ford has decided to stop producing gasoline sedan cars, except the sport Mustang. Ford will start producing electric cars. They will maintain gas and diesel trucks for a while, but electric trucks might also be the next generation someday not far from today. Not just "some models" but the whole models. I don't know about their heavy trucks.

Forum List

Back