Dipping faucets

It's easy to stay warm. Most every American can. It's paying these outrageous energy prices in which TO stay warm.
If you keep your house between 63 and 65 as most of the people in the world do in very cold climates, you will save a lot of money on your heating bill. It seems most Americans believe they must heat their homes to 72 or above. It you just wear warm clothes and a sweater, you don't need the higher temperatures. When I was a kid, we spend a winter in northern England and we learned to dress properly for winters indoors.

Common sense dictates that when you have freeze zones below ground, you bury your pipes below them. Dripping faucets are only effective for those who did not think proactively or those who live in temperate climes. What happened to all of that concern over water conservation--oh, I forgot, if it doesn't fit the democrat narrative it can be disregarded on a moment's notice. LMAO.
You put a bucket under the dripping faucet and reuse it.

If you keep your house between 63 and 65 as most the people in world due in very cold climates, you will save a lot of money on your heating build. It seems most Americans believe they must heat their homes to 72 or above. It you just wear warm clothes and a sweater, you don't need the higher temperatures. When I was a kid, we spend a winter in northern England and we learned to dress properly for winters indoors.
So did cavemen. Why are you keeping your home at uncomfortable temps? Do you shower in your overcoat as well? Do you understand the meaning of "shelter." Waste water but Heaven help us if we use a bit wood to keep warm and keep our pipes from freezing. Bundle up.

You put a bucket under the dripping faucet and reuse it.
How long does it take to fill that bucket. Are you getting out of bed all night long to find another container to put that bucket of water in? You enviro whackos just keep grasping for solutions to problems that you won't address. Why don't you do something truly effective like not ripping out tropical rainforests (the world's regulating filters) to the tune of tens of thousands of acres per day. SMFH--morons.

So did cavemen. Why are you keeping your home at uncomfortable temps? Do you shower in your overcoat as well? Do you understand the meaning of "shelter." Waste water but Heaven help us if we use a bit wood to keep warm and keep our pipes from freezing. Bundle up.
You are uncomfortable only if don't dress properly. My thermostat is set for 65. I'm wearing a long sleeve shirt and lined jeans and occasionally a light sweater and it is perfectly comfortable.

Last edited:
You are uncomfortable only if don't dress properly. My thermostat is set for 65. I'm wearing a long sleeve shirt and lined jeans and and occasionally a light sweater and it is perfectly comfortable.
I dress like that when outside. I take the coats and long johns off in the house. A well insulated home will keep a 72 degree temp just as easily as 65 and you don't have to be bundled up like a caveman. Honestly, IDGAF how you choose to live. You do you and I'll do me. Can I have the same courtesy. I don't need anybody's free advice.

How long does it take to fill that bucket. Are you getting out of bed all night long to find another container to put that bucket of water in? You enviro whackos just keep grasping for solutions to problems that you won't address. Why don't you do something truly effective like not ripping out tropical rainforests (the world's regulating filters) to the tune of tens of thousands of acres per day. SMFH--morons.
Your assumptions and questions are ridiculous and don't really deserve a reply. I don't put buckets under facets dripping and did not say I did. You're the one that brought up water conservation, not me. Where I live there is no need to conserve water. We've got more water around our place than we can handle. We are on the banks of a river that's flooding.

And I set our thermostats at 65 because we always have and we are comfortable with that. However it is an added bonus that it saves energy and makes a real different in our heating bill.

I dress like that when outside. I take the coats and long johns off in the house. A well insulated home will keep a 72 degree temp just as easily as 65 and you don't have to be bundled up like a caveman. Honestly, IDGAF how you choose to live. You do you and I'll do me. Can I have the same courtesy. I don't need anybody's free advice.

I'm the same way. If you can't be totally comfortable in your own house, you can't be comfortable doing anything.

73 degrees for me all winter and I don't turn it down when I go to bed either. No flannel shirts, coats, or blankets when I'm watching TV. It's jeans and tee shirts for me year round.

If you keep your house between 63 and 65 as most of the people in the world do in very cold climates, you will save a lot of money on your heating bill. It seems most Americans believe they must heat their homes to 72 or above. It you just wear warm clothes and a sweater, you don't need the higher temperatures. When I was a kid, we spend a winter in northern England and we learned to dress properly for winters indoors.

Screw that.

Your assumptions and questions are ridiculous and don't really deserve a reply. I don't put buckets under facets dripping and did not say I did. You're the one that brought up water conservation, not me. Where I live there is no need to conserve water. We've got more water around our place than we can handle. We are on the banks of a river that's flooding.

And I set our thermostats at 65 because we always have and we are comfortable with that. However it is an added bonus that it saves energy and makes a real different in our heating bill.

Too bad for you and whomever that you are poorer and uncomfortable.
It must be a bitch using your TV remote while wearing mittens!! :pinkygirly:

Too bad for you and whomever that you are poorer and uncomfortable.
It must be a bitch using your TV remote while wearing mittens!! :pinkygirly:

My sister always hosts the family events. My mother is a little too old to be doing all that work and I'm not much of a cook, plus I live on the second floor making it hard on my parents to get up those steps.

On Thanksgiving it was freezing in her house. I kept my jacket on the entire time, even while eating dinner. I actually remote started my car and went in there a few times to catch a cigarette, but it was a good excuse to get warm.

We weren't so rude as to eat and leave, but we didn't stick around very long either. It was just too uncomfortable. I don't know if my parents said something or her son, but when we went there for Christmas it was actually nice--not real warm, but enough to where you could stay a while.

My sister always hosts the family events. My mother is a little too old to be doing all that work and I'm not much of a cook, plus I live on the second floor making it hard on my parents to get up those steps.

On Thanksgiving it was freezing in her house. I kept my jacket on the entire time, even while eating dinner. I actually remote started my car and went in there a few times to catch a cigarette, but it was a good excuse to get warm.

We weren't so rude as to eat and leave, but we didn't stick around very long either. It was just too uncomfortable. I don't know if my parents said something or her son, but when we went there for Christmas it was actually nice--not real warm, but enough to where you could stay a while.

This is when you say, "I hate to eat and run, but I forgot to blah-blah-blah. Adios!".

Piss off. I didn't ask for your input. I stated facts and you decided to stick your schnoz into someone else's business as if you were king ex spurt. Run along asshole, IDGAF how or where you live.

I'm the same way. If you can't be totally comfortable in your own house, you can't be comfortable doing anything.

73 degrees for me all winter and I don't turn it down when I go to bed either. No flannel shirts, coats, or blankets when I'm watching TV. It's jeans and tee shirts for me year round.
Whatever floats your boat I like a cool house particularly at night. I know keeping it at 65 saves money however I don’t known how much. The power company in my area says dropping the thermostat from 72 To 68 in winter saves 3% per degree.

Whatever floats your boat I like a cool house particularly at night. I know keeping it at 65 saves money however I don’t known how much. The power company in my area says dropping the thermostat from 72 To 68 in winter saves 3% per degree.

We all spend our money on what we value, and I value a comfortable home where I don't have to dress up like I do going outside on a fall day. In your example you would save 12% on your heat bill. If you normally spend $1,000 a year to heat your home, that's only an extra $120.00 a year to be nice and warm instead of walking around with extra shirts and long johns. For $120.00 a year, it's worth it to me.

We all spend our money on what we value, and I value a comfortable home where I don't have to dress up like I do going outside on a fall day. In your example you would save 12% on your heat bill. If you normally spend $1,000 a year to heat your home, that's only an extra $120.00 a year to be nice and warm instead of walking around with extra shirts and long johns. For $120.00 a year, it's worth it to me.
When we have guest from South Florida I make it warmer but as soon as they leave I make it cooler. what we save in heating in winter is offset by a/c in summer

Climate change is bringing awareness of the need to insulate against cold weather in regions of American where it's neven been a concern before.

If the weather turns out to be as bad as predicted, there will be some serious consequences suffered by the denialists!

Hasn't it always been a matter of 'personal experience' being the only convincing factor for those who just will not accept the proof science has offered?
Why do some people need doom and gloom in their life? Worry about crossing the street.

Climate change is bringing awareness of the need to insulate against cold weather
I have all my used air conditioners stacked up piled high against my windows to keep the cold air out! But now I'm trapped and can't get out to get food so might have to eat the cat. :smoke:

If the weather turns out to be as bad as predicted, there will be some serious consequences suffered by the denialists!
Lord Biddum will smite thee from Aazgaard Delaware! :71:

those who just will not accept the proof science has offered?
You mean that proof you forever fail to ever prove to others? :lmao:

Forum List

Back