Dipping faucets

Well, the water pressure came back but now I have a burst pipe.
It's the supply line to the Hot Water heater.
Most of the water is running out of the bottom of the wall to the outside, but some of it is on the inside of the laundry room.
I called a bunch of plumbers.
Yea, they are busy and it's Christmas eve.
I am on a waiting list. $$$$$$

Ask Sippy Cup to pay for it!

And, good luck.

But do you have low water pressure when everyone is dripping their faucets?

It would be a completely moot point for me because the neighborhood I live in, all built within a few years, was built by the same contractor and he installed those anti-freeze hose bibs. We just had this conversation and he assured me that nobody close to me has ever had a burst pipe.

Good luck!

But frozen bursted water pipes makes the prettiest ice sculptures!!!!

Frozen-Pipes-in-paramus-Burst-Pipes-in-hackensack-repair-service-by-plumber.jpg

Reminds me of what we used to do as kids.
When a hard freeze was forecast for the night we'd take a sprinkler from the side of some poor slobs house and set it up in the front yard where it would hit the front door.
By morning it would leave a three inch thick layer of ice on the front door making it impossible to open.
Or we'd set it up to water down their car and leave it in a thick layer of ice.

Ask Sippy Cup to pay for it!

And, good luck.
Well, I had amazing luck.
I got a plumber to show up and fix the leak.
I thought that it was going to take several days.
It was the water line to the washer on the outside wall.
The copper water pipe had an old solder spot repair job on it that let go.
They arrived and departed within about 30 minutes.
However, I now have some siding that will need to be repaired.
The Plumber actually didn't charge very much, so I gave him a huge tip.

I heard letting them drip is a myth, but I don't really know for sure. My father has problems from time to time with his rental house, but he tells them to just keep the kitchen and bathroom cabinets open for heat to get to the lines, and he no longer has many problems.
I've always left it dripping, and never had a problem, but I'm in southeast Texas, and a hard freeze usually doesn't get below 28, and doesn't last more than a few hours. This time is different.

Well, I had amazing luck.
I got a plumber to show up and fix the leak.
I thought that it was going to take several days.
It was the water line to the washer on the outside wall.
The copper water pipe had an old solder spot repair job on it that let go.
They arrived and departed within about 30 minutes.
However, I now have some siding that will need to be repaired.
The Plumber actually didn't charge very much, so I gave him a huge tip.

Glad to hear your outcome was better than expected. The siding issue is the least of your problems and can get repaired in more favorable weather conditions.

I have an unheated and unfinished basement that can get pretty cold. All My plumbing is in the basement and one line into the kitchen on an outside wall.

The house was built in 1925 and used to be heated by fuel oil. Back when fuel oil was pennies per gallon.
Heat tape.

Seriously...am I the only one who knows about this stuff?

Tonight is the warmest night we have had since this winter storm hit Thursday night. Currently 32 degrees.

20221227_001443[1].jpg

This dusting of Devil's dandruff in Decatur is brought to you by Georgia weather and the letter 'D'.

Looks like my sweetie will be able to stay home a few extra hours tomorrow.

Texas seems to be terribly neglectful of it's infrastructure. Their civil engineers must have went to a correspondence school.
They don't get enough cold weather to justify the costs. Same for a dozen other things that look bad after that once a decade or century event.

They don't get enough cold weather to justify the costs. Same for a dozen other things that look bad after that once a decade or century event.
You bet. This storm system was a real fluke. In the NW four days ago, we were at -10 with snow and today we are at 45 with rain. WTF--going from extreme cold to worrying if the roof is going to support the saturated snow. Not normal.

You dont want it to just drip. You want a slow, steady stream coming out. Thats what I heard anyway.

Forum List

Back