Did you got rich in the past 20 years?

You poors should get off your collective asses and go buy yourselves a fiddle or something.

The party in power has never affected my ability to spend less than I make and invest.
I disagree since their policies can affect how much you make. They can also affect how likely you are to go bankrupt in the event of a personal calamity.

I disagree since their policies can affect how much you make. They can also affect how likely you are to go bankrupt in the event of a personal calamity.
No they don't.

Did you ever get a pay cut because the party in power changed?

I worked for myself my entire adult life and the idiot in the oval office never had an effect on my ability to earn a living

nope......but it's easy to see who did......

~S~

Wealth inequality in the US is off the charts, as the video clearly reveals. I suspect more and more Americans are realizing the game is rigged, but many still cling to the ignorant belief we live in a free market capitalist society and as such, the extreme wealthy fairly and justly EARNED their fantastic wealth. And they foolishly believe all Americans have an equal and fair shot at attaining enormous wealth.

The even bigger problem than wealth inequality is the fact that in America, wealth equals political power. Hence the billionaires (oligarchs) really run the country, which explains why our country is so screwed up.

They have a Billion more people than the US have.
Although the article highlights China, there are very important news for us. Read about how the wealth has increased over time. It firstly sounds like we are entering the golden age. But 2/3 of that new wealth goes to the rich while the prices increased by 50 %. So you get a 33 % increase in income but a 50 % increase of the prices. That means, plain and simple, a 17 % decrease of your wealth. My can´t decrease, though, I never got one.

Your beliefs seal your fate.

I went from being orphaned at 14 and living in the streets to owning my own business and retiring at 51.
That is very good for you and you can be proud. But we have our own reality here:

Well, let's look at the numbers, shall we?

If you began investing a given amount (below) in an S&P index fund (say, SPY) on November 20, 2001 (during the Dot Com mess), here's how it looks:

Between 11/21/2001 and today, the S&P 500 is up exactly 7.31% annualized. If your contributions (or your contributions and your employer's 401K contributions) were as follows, here are your numbers:

$300 total per month = $162,295
$500 total per month = $270,491
$700 total per month = $378,687

"Rich" is in the eye of the beholder, but budgeting, the job you take, and investing are up to the individual.

That is very good for you and you can be proud. But we have our own reality here:
I guess it sucks to live in Germany.

Maybe you should move.

'rich' by the conventional meaning ... no.

but, i own my home ( no mortgage ), own 3 vehicles that we paid cash outright for ( no loans ) & pay off our credit cards in full every month.

staying within our means has allowed us to be quite comfy.

'rich' by the conventional meaning ... no.

but, i own my home ( no mortgage ), own 3 vehicles that we paid cash outright for ( no loans ) & pay off our credit cards in full every month.

staying within our means has allowed us to be quite comfy.
I think most people just don't realize that they don't need a lot of money to live on if they have no debt.

Forum List

Back