No More Big Macs for You

lennypartiv

Diamond Member
Jul 16, 2019
I bet you don't know all the bad side effects that will come from the Biden infrastructure bill. How many of those burger flippers will look for a better paying job doing infrastructure work? Most of us are aware fast food restaurants are already struggling to find workers. Enjoy your Big Macs while you can still get them.

---The sweeping infrastructure plan -- which funds some $550 billion in new spending on roads, bridges, ports, water systems, mass transit and electric vehicle charging stations -- encapsulates Biden's focus on creating and enhancing jobs that do not require a college education.---

I bet you don't know all the bad side effects that will come from the Biden infrastructure bill. How many of those burger flippers will look for a better paying job doing infrastructure work? Most of us are aware fast food restaurants are already struggling to find workers. Enjoy your Big Macs while you can still get them.

---The sweeping infrastructure plan -- which funds some $550 billion in new spending on roads, bridges, ports, water systems, mass transit and electric vehicle charging stations -- encapsulates Biden's focus on creating and enhancing jobs that do not require a college education.---

You seem to think this is a bad thing?

Yeah, God forbid Americans move away from flipping burgers.

So what you are saying is that the Biden high-tech jobs have the same requirements as being a french fry cook at McDonald's huh?

Yeah, God forbid Americans move away from flipping burgers.

McDonald's has hamburger university. That's really something to aspire to, isn't it? The science of building better burgers, engineering tastier fries, the psychology of depressed onions, the philosophy of where chickens go after they become nuggets. You'd dare condescend graduates of the mighty hamburger U? Shame. Shame. Shame.

1637545396487.png

Who cares? Mickey D's has run its course. They lost sight of their original corporate identity long ago anyway.

McDs jumped the shark when they replace grilled hamburgers with microwaved pucks. But a lot of people still like them - and McDs is replacing human labor with automation. It's the only way they can keep prices from exploding.

Would you want your kids flipping burgers for the rest of their life?
Of course not. Biden can offer them a chance to improve their lives but you boofheads want to keep them poor because that's the capitalist system.
Some one has got the wrong priorities here.

Like an industry...such as the fast food industry?
And again I say, who cares? Unskilled workers whining about higher pay, just flipping burgers all day, and usually they're fat as a house. I mean, have you ever seen the women that work at McDonald's?

Besides, fast food is unhealthy, and bad habit forming. I also think what you are getting at here, that fast food workers will be leaving in droves, is in-plausible.

First off, fast food workers are usually people with a minimum amount of work ethic, or high school kids. They are unskilled, and often lazy. There are exceptions of course. Biden already promised a raise on the minimum wage, and it will happen over the next couple of years. So they will get a pay raise anyway if they stay. Why do you think a fat teenager would leave his job at Mickey-D's for a construction job, if he'll get payed more anyway?

It's just not something I'd be worried about.

Forum List

Back