Did you got rich in the past 20 years?

"Rich" is impossible to define. If you are living hand-to-mouth (as many Americans CHOOSE to do), you are not getting rich. But if you are able to save a bit, every month, accumulating a seven-figure retirement stash is not very difficult.

My answer to the OP is "Yes."

I think most people just don't realize that they don't need a lot of money to live on if they have no debt.

back in 1987, when i first had my kid, i stopped working & we managed on one income of $25K a year. hell ya, it was a struggle - but we did it.

financially we are waaaaaayyyyyyy better off now, but still have the mindset as if we weren't.

back in 1987, when i first had my kid, i stopped working & we managed on one income of $25K a year. hell ya, it was a struggle - but we did it.

financially we are waaaaaayyyyyyy better off now, but still have the mindset as if we weren't.
Yeah I always have kept myself mentally broke and watched every penny I ever spent.

I guess growing up dirt poor fostered that attitude

Yeah I always have kept myself mentally broke and watched every penny I ever spent.

I guess growing up dirt poor fostered that attitude

i saw what you wrote about being orphaned ... i certainly give you kudos for your resilience.

Life is a bitch and then you die but I'd rather die rich.

'rich' is subjective. after health, food, & shelter needs are met - then it's an open field. money plays into it no doubt; but there are many other things that contribute to that.

If you aren't born rich odds are heavily stacked against one becoming rich. 90 percent of hard working people are barely scraping by . That's the way it's always been.

No they don't.

Did you ever get a pay cut because the party in power changed?

I worked for myself my entire adult life and the idiot in the oval office never had an effect on my ability to earn a living
I blame both national parties for the complete mess our healthcare system is in. There have been some short periods of time when members of my family were without health insurance. If they had gotten hit by a car or an illness they would have been in a fiscal hole they might still be in today.

I blame both national parties for the complete mess our healthcare system is in. There have been some short periods of time when members of my family were without health insurance. If they had gotten hit by a car or an illness they would have been in a fiscal hole they might still be in today.
Why are you whining about Ifs and buts of the past?

I’m 47 years old; so I was 27 years old 20 years ago. I am so much better off in every way possible, except for health that it isn’t even a question. Im richer financially, socially, professionally, intellectually, and relationship-wise. My health isn’t quite as good as it was two decades ago, but I think that’s typical for most people.

No they don't.

Did you ever get a pay cut because the party in power changed?

I worked for myself my entire adult life and the idiot in the oval office never had an effect on my ability to earn a living
You're last line was music

Not whining since my family got past it unscathed. Just a cautionary tale that our prosperity is fragile and can be protected or not based on, among many factors, government policy.
I've never had a problem keeping health insurance and I didn't have an employer paying for it.

Forum List

Back