Did you got rich in the past 20 years?

alang1216 Agreed, but the operative word is "can". OSHA was a good thing for example that the govt implemented to make things safer for workers. But the majority of the time, govt intervention fails to achieve it's objective and often the unintended consequences are far worse than imagined.

Did you got rich in the past 20 years?​

Depends on your definition of "rich".

Me not. How can I get rich when the rich grab two thirds of the wealth and the prices rose by 50%? HOW?!

I've been investing since the 70s. I paid off my home while it went 10x what I built it for in 93. I borrowed against it and built a rental, turned 59 1/2 and took 100K from my IRA borrowed the rest and built my 2nd rental. I have 2 more lots to build rentals on and will sell my main residence and build home of my dreams and 2 more rentals. I will be retired at this point and do most of the work myself. It's taken me 45 years of hard work but my beach properties are worth close to 4 million. Get rich quick without working and saving for years? I have no idea how to do that.

Net worth of at least $1,000,000.
Nope, not rich, then. That being said, I have been collecting $100 bills for quite a while now and can buy anything I want outright. I don't have to work, live in a nice home, and have a lexus and a ford for my errands. Probably a quarter million in vintage and collectible music instruments.
Most importantly, I'm happy, content, and comfortable, which makes me richer than most millionaires, imho.

Forum List

Back