Did Trump Make Everything Progressive?

Mac1958

Diamond Member
Dec 8, 2011
Opposing Authoritarian Ideological Fundamentalism.

"Instead, his administration’s mix of haplessness and menace was a great gift to progressivism, inspiring an anti-conservative reaction that extended through every walk of elite life, turning centrists into liberals and remaking liberalism into exactly the kind of progressive orthodoxy that conservatives most fear. Republicans got control of the Supreme Court out of the bargain, but in almost every other institution that matters, from Langley to the corporate boardroom, their position got much worse."

Will Trump and (far more importantly, Trumpism) turn out to be a great gift to the progressives? The answer, of course, is "we don't know yet".

But he sure as hell has created a backlash that could be strong enough to do it. Hell, I was concerned about this even before he elected:

August 13, 2016:
I guess it will depend on the fallout from Trump. What these people don't see (because talk radio never mentions this) is that their behavior is making it easier for the Dems to move the country Left. They're so proud of the smoking rubble they can't see the big picture.

May 18, 2017:
My personal nightmare scenario is playing out in real time: Trump is in such trouble so quickly that the Democrat party won't even NEED to go through its badly-needed Reformation. The Regressive Left is now waiting in the wings, licking its chops.

December 18, 2016:
Well, we'll see. For better or worse, it's pretty much on Trump in the short term. If he fucks up, the power in the Dems, the Regressive Left, will be able to grab it all back, every last crumb.

June 17, 2016:
What concerns me is that, in response to him, the country knee-jerks too far.

What actually happened is that the mainstream media as represented by this hit piece did it, as they manufactured the entire shift away from liberalism and towards fascism by manipulating the opposition to Trump towards their authoritarian ends.

What is being referred to here as "progressive" is actually Stalinist in nature and represents the trampling of human rights and not the promotion thereof..

Last edited:

"Instead, his administration’s mix of haplessness and menace was a great gift to progressivism, inspiring an anti-conservative reaction that extended through every walk of elite life, turning centrists into liberals and remaking liberalism into exactly the kind of progressive orthodoxy that conservatives most fear. Republicans got control of the Supreme Court out of the bargain, but in almost every other institution that matters, from Langley to the corporate boardroom, their position got much worse."

Will Trump and (far more importantly, Trumpism) turn out to be a great gift to the progressives? The answer, of course, is "we don't know yet".

But he sure as hell has created a backlash that could be strong enough to do it. Hell, I was concerned about this even before he elected:

August 13, 2016:
I guess it will depend on the fallout from Trump. What these people don't see (because talk radio never mentions this) is that their behavior is making it easier for the Dems to move the country Left. They're so proud of the smoking rubble they can't see the big picture.

May 18, 2017:
My personal nightmare scenario is playing out in real time: Trump is in such trouble so quickly that the Democrat party won't even NEED to go through its badly-needed Reformation. The Regressive Left is now waiting in the wings, licking its chops.

December 18, 2016:
Well, we'll see. For better or worse, it's pretty much on Trump in the short term. If he fucks up, the power in the Dems, the Regressive Left, will be able to grab it all back, every last crumb.

June 17, 2016:
Progressives created Trump. He wouldnt have been elected without them.

August 13, 2016:

May 18, 2017:

December 18, 2016:

June 17, 2016:

No rightwing nutters created tRump. Ewe know those that believed in pizzagate and the cannibalistic pedophile zombie hoards.

MAGA

August 13, 2016:

May 18, 2017:

December 18, 2016:

June 17, 2016:
While I realize it's not going to thrill everyone, I think that it's mostly a good thing. American conservatism was about to drag us out of the first world

August 13, 2016:

May 18, 2017:

December 18, 2016:

June 17, 2016:
While I realize it's not going to thrill everyone, I think that it's mostly a good thing. American conservatism was about to drag us out of the first world
The 3rd biggest doctor in the country is an mentally ill obese tranny.
Orwell couldnt have even thought of that shit.
"drag us out of the first world" :rofl:

August 13, 2016:

May 18, 2017:

December 18, 2016:

June 17, 2016:

No rightwing nutters created tRump. Ewe know those that believed in pizzagate and the cannibalistic pedophile zombie hoards.

MAGA
What the fuck are you babbling about? :cuckoo:

cannibalistic pedophile zombie hoards.
Of course, people have admitted to it, but you cultists ignore it because you dont have the integrity to acknowledge it. Cause its people on "your" side.
Its fucking pathetic.

But not people on your side. Never! PATHETIC
MAGA
Im not a cultist, so i dont have a "side"

Ewe believe stolen election because CULT
MAGA
No i dont.
But keep on making up shit, you binary dumbfuck

August 13, 2016:

May 18, 2017:

December 18, 2016:

June 17, 2016:

MAGA

Cultists like ewe!!!
MAGA

August 13, 2016:

May 18, 2017:

December 18, 2016:

June 17, 2016:

MAGA

Cultists like ewe!!!
MAGA
Your babbling with weird child like taunts. Its extremely ineffective.

Of course, people have admitted to it, but you cultists ignore it because you dont have the integrity to acknowledge it. Cause its people on "your" side.
Its fucking pathetic.

MAGA

MAGA
No i dont.

Sure ewe do ewe illiterate fucking maroon!!
MAGA

Its fucking pathetic.

MAGA

MAGA
No i dont.

Sure ewe do ewe illiterate fucking maroon!!
MAGA
You know you fail at life when all you have is shit you make up in your head.
Enjoy your delusion, you dilapidated bag of dumbfuck.

Forum List

Back