Did Jesus really exist?

Did Jesus Really Exist as a Flesh and blood person?

• Jay-A-Zus was LORD!!!!!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
There's no actual proof that Jesus existed. Kinda like Santa Claus.

You mean besides eye witness accounts

And people don't Martyr themselves for Santa Claus

What Eyewitness accounts?

Paul never met Jesus and neither did any of the Gospel writers.

So they are all second hand accounts.
??...you have evidence none of the gospel writers met Jesus?.....never mind, I know you just made it up....

The canon of the New Testament is the set of books Christians regard as divinely inspired and constituting the New Testament of the Christian Bible. For most, it is an agreed-upon list of twenty-seven books that includes the Canonical Gospels, Acts, letters of the Apostles, and Revelation. The books of the canon of the New Testament were written mostly in the first century and finished by the year 150 AD.

Authorship of the Bible - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

The gospels (and Acts) are anonymous, in that none of them name an author.

Whilst the Gospel of John might be considered somewhat of an exception, because the author refers to himself as "the disciple Jesus loved" and claims to be a member of Jesus' inner circle,

The majority of scholars date the Gospel of John to c. 80–95,

You've been played playa.
John was the last gospel written, a first hand account written by the Apostle John around 90 AD......Luke wrote Luke and Acts.......he was not a disciple, but he was among those with first hand knowledge of Jesus....Matthew and Mark were written by Matthew and Mark, the majority of liberal atheists scholars notwithstanding......for verification, check the link you provided......apparently you were merely off key........
There's no proof that John's gospel was written in his lifetime. Please try again.
Wrong, there is a lot of proof it was John that wrote it. You wishing it away does not make it true... please try again.

Wake up

According to most modern scholars the apostle John was not the author of any of these books.

There is some debate as to how the word of God may have been transmitted to the authors. The usual position held in modern Christian theology is that the word was inspired by God, while there are some believe that God verbally dictated the word to those who recorded it (this being the position held by Orthodox Jews regarding the Torah, the holiest part of the Jewish Bible

But, for example, John is a lie.

John 21:24 identifies the author of the Gospel of John as "the beloved disciple," and from the late 2nd century this figure, unnamed in the Gospel itself, was identified with John the son of Zebedee. Today, however, most scholars date the Gospel of John to 80– 95 ad and propose that the author made use of two major sources, a "Signs" source (a collection of seven miracle stories) and a "Discourse" source.

I don't threaten to burn the people I love for all eternity because they don't worship me. In fact, I think that sounds a little psychotic.

And now- The Ann and Jeff Show. Which one of these guys deserves to burn in hell for ever and ever?

Chirstian logic. Ann Burns in Hell, Jeffrey gets all his sins forgiven and goes to heaven.

Seriously, how fucked up is that?

The one who was perfect deserves to go to heaven.

But that's not Christian Dogma.

Christian Dogma is that Jeff is on a cloud wiht a harp. He took Jesus into his soul.

Ann Probably died cursing Jesus and his Nazi followers. (Keep in mind, the Pope and Hitler were BFF's during the war.)

I think Christians have had plenty of time to prove themselves and clearly they did not do a good job. Just look at America. How many wars have we had since the War of Independence? We're always at war and we are a Christian nation.

How have we done with healthcare and poverty?

U.S. Has More Guns 8211 And Gun Deaths 8211 Than Any Other Country Study Finds - ABC News
didn't I read somewhere that we had stealth atheists in Congress?......probably all their fault.......

and what atheists continue to fail to understand, is that we have no intention of ever providing them with proof.....either accept without proof or reject it.....just stop whining about it........

lol yeah they going to have forever in Hell as proof

Yup, because a loving God burns people forever for not believing in him.
why are you whining.....you don't even believe he's real.....

I just point out your silliness for believing in him. Why would you worship a cosmic sadist?

I don't threaten to burn the people I love for all eternity because they don't worship me. In fact, I think that sounds a little psychotic.

And now- The Ann and Jeff Show. Which one of these guys deserves to burn in hell for ever and ever?

Chirstian logic. Ann Burns in Hell, Jeffrey gets all his sins forgiven and goes to heaven.

Christian Dogma is that Jeff is on a cloud wiht a harp. He took Jesus into his soul.

Ann Probably died cursing Jesus and his Nazi followers. (Keep in mind, the Pope and Hitler were BFF's during the war.)

I think Christians have had plenty of time to prove themselves and clearly they did not do a good job. Just look at America. How many wars have we had since the War of Independence? We're always at war and we are a Christian nation.

U.S. Has More Guns 8211 And Gun Deaths 8211 Than Any Other Country Study Finds - ABC News
didn't I read somewhere that we had stealth atheists in Congress?......probably all their fault.......
Just another conspiracy theory of the hyper-religious.

According to most modern scholars the apostle John was not the author of any of these books.
actually, that would be "according to most modern atheists".......sorry......

Gospel of John - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

Wiki says most modern scholars.

that doesn't make it true.....
oddly enough, wikipedia also identifies John as the author of the gospel of John....
Authorship of the Bible - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

"all the books of the Old Testament have been edited and revised to produce the work known today.[1]"

If you accept this phrase of the opening sentence, you are NOT a Bible believer.
Which sort of casts a shadow on anything else the article states.

"all the books of the Old Testament have been edited and revised to produce the work known today.[1]"

If you accept this phrase of the opening sentence, you are NOT a Bible believer.
why?....when they found the dead sea scrolls they were able to correct many minor errors.......that is editing and revision......and it results in text more true to the original than anything we've had before.....

Just another conspiracy theory of the hyper-religious.
actually, I think it was posted by an atheist who was bragging......

why?....when they found the dead sea scrolls they were able to correct many minor errors.......that is editing and revision......and it results in text more true to the original than anything we've had before.....
OMG, do I have to spell everything out for you?
Read the sentence...
Do you believe Genesis, Exodus, etc... have been edited and revised?

And the same is true of Jesus.

There was likely an actual person whom the Jesus myth was based on, but there was no 'Jesus' as perceived by Christians, there was no 'son of god' – as indeed 'god' doesn't exist as perceived by theists – no miracles, no resurrection, no ascending into heaven.

The Jesus myth is consistent with other similar myths that existed prior to the advent of Christianity, myths that were clearly appropriated by early Christians for obvious reasons.

You are free to believe whatever you chose. It does not change what is true though.

Wrong, Wrong and Wrong.

No, grading on a curve is non-Christian Dogma. To be a Christian, you must admit that you are not a "good" person and that you cannot be perfect of your own doing. You must surrender your life to Christ and be born again. When you accept Christ, his righteousness is imputed unto you. Beside Christ, there is none perfect, no not one.

The afterlife has nothing to do with floating on a cloud with a harp. That is a popular misconception.

It is your assumption that the Pope and Hitler were Christian. Who knows if Ann accepted Christ at the very last moment. The true Christians such as Corrie Ten Boom and her family were also in concentration camps.

Wrong, Wrong and Wrong.

No, grading on a curve is non-Christian Dogma. To be a Christian, you must admit that you are not a "good" person and that you cannot be perfect of your own doing.
That is a powerful mind control technique and sadly, there is a portion of the population which will buy into it. Instilling self-loathing and then offering rewards for accepting an ideology that will claim to ameliorate that self-loathing is a brain-washing tool.

Believing that you are vile, base and not worthy of living without accepting the proscriptions of some supernatural entity is a prescription for a maladjusted personality.

Wrong, Wrong and Wrong.

No, grading on a curve is non-Christian Dogma. To be a Christian, you must admit that you are not a "good" person and that you cannot be perfect of your own doing. You must surrender your life to Christ and be born again. When you accept Christ, his righteousness is imputed unto you. Beside Christ, there is none perfect, no not one.

But the point is, Jeff did all that, according to his pastor. Ann didn't. So in the fucked up dogma of Christianity, Jeff goes to Heaven, Ann Goes to Hell.

The afterlife has nothing to do with floating on a cloud with a harp. That is a popular misconception.

No more absurd than any other way Heaven is portrayed.

It is your assumption that the Pope and Hitler were Christian. Who knows if Ann accepted Christ at the very last moment. The true Christians such as Corrie Ten Boom and her family were also in concentration camps.

Yes, the Pope runs the largest Christian Church in the world. As much as I have no use for Catholicism, I have LESS you for Funditarded assholes like you saying your church of few thousand stuck up assholes are Christian and a Billion Catholics aren't.

As for Hitler.... The Churches welcomed him with open arms.

vatican46_15.jpg

Read the sentence...

Unquestionably.

Read the sentence...
there have been some minor changes resulting from recently found manuscripts......if you are referring to more than that, yes.....you need to spell it out......I cannot read your mind.....

Wrong, Wrong and Wrong.

But the point is, Jeff did all that, according to his pastor. Ann didn't. So in the fucked up dogma of Christianity, Jeff goes to Heaven, Ann Goes to Hell.

No more absurd than any other way Heaven is portrayed.

Yes, the Pope runs the largest Christian Church in the world. As much as I have no use for Catholicism, I have LESS you for Funditarded assholes like you saying your church of few thousand stuck up assholes are Christian and a Billion Catholics aren't.

As for Hitler.... The Churches welcomed him with open arms.

vatican46_15.jpg
so much ignorance in one place....

Read the sentence...
there have been some minor changes resulting from recently found manuscripts......if you are referring to more than that, yes.....you need to spell it out......I cannot read your mind.....
If you believe the Five Books have been edited, it is no longer God's word.

Forum List

Back