Did anyone tell Obama the military does not belong to him?

Quantum Windbag

Gold Member
May 9, 2010
I didn't notice this before, but what the hell is wrong with this guy?

Now, I have not made a final decision about various actions that might be taken to help enforce that norm. But as I've already said, I have had my military and our team look at a wide range of options. We have consulted with allies. We've consulted with Congress. We've been in conversations with all the interested parties, and in no event are we considering any kind of military action that would involve boots on the ground, that would involve a long-term campaign. But we are looking at the possibility of a limited, narrow act that would help make sure that not only Syria, but others around the world, understand that the international community cares about maintaining this chemical weapons ban and norm.

Transcript: Obama?s remarks on Syria ? CNN Political Ticker - CNN.com Blogs

Yeah, about that.

That is OUR military. A military consisting of family members and friends, and people who love this country, not you Mr. President. They are not your toys to play with as you please, they are people with a will of their own. They will not follow you into hell and back, Mr. President. They are defenders of freedom, and of our republic, not vanguards of your ill will, Mr. President. They care for the people, for they are the people, and care not for their own lives; you only care about your reputation, Mr. President. They don't draw red lines for people to cross, they cross the red lines, Mr. President.

Mr. President, they are most certainly the hell NOT YOUR MILITARY.

Good Day Sir.

Last edited:
In a wide sense it's "our" armed forces but the Prez is also kinda right here. It's not the most artfull phrase he has used but it sorta is "his" military in so far as he is the boss.

Now, I have not made a final decision about various actions that might be taken to help enforce that norm. But as I've already said, I have had my military and our team look at a wide range of options. We have consulted with allies. We've consulted with Congress. We've been in conversations with all the interested parties, and in no event are we considering any kind of military action that would involve boots on the ground, that would involve a long-term campaign. But we are looking at the possibility of a limited, narrow act that would help make sure that not only Syria, but others around the world, understand that the international community cares about maintaining this chemical weapons ban and norm.

President Obama is the Commander-in-Chief. Of course he doesn't own the military but within the War Powers Act he and he alone is solely in control, and he will make the decision to go or not. Just like Reagan, Bush I, Clinton and Bush II did.

President Obama is the Commander-in-Chief. Of course he doesn't own the military but within the War Powers Act he and he alone is solely in control, and he will make the decision to go or not. Just like Reagan, Bush I, Clinton and Bush II did.

Apparently, you have never read the War Powers Act have you? He can stay in or use military force for no longer than 60 days without prior approval from Congress. Any longer is a violation of Federal Statute. So Congress is in control, not the President, as Article I, Section 8, Clause 11 of the Constitution points out: The Congress shall have Power to declare War, grant Letters of Marque and Reprisal, and make Rules concerning Captures on Land and Water.

In a wide sense it's "our" armed forces but the Prez is also kinda right here. It's not the most artfull phrase he has used but it sorta is "his" military in so far as he is the boss.

I see your point, let me explain why I think you are wrong.

The clearest way to do so is to the US and the British military.

British navy vessels are designated by HMS, which means Her, or His, Majesty's Ship because the British military is an extension of the crown.

The US Navy designates their ships USS because they are an extension of the United States.

The British Military swears an oath to obey the Queen. "I swear by Almighty God that I will be faithful and bear true allegiance to Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II, her heirs and successors and that I will as in duty bound honestly and faithfully defend Her Majesty, her heirs and successors in person, crown and dignity against all enemies and will observe and obey all orders of Her Majesty, her heirs and successors and of the generals and officers set over me."

The US military swears an oath to the Constitution. "I, _____, do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice. So help me God."

I can go on, but I think you get the picture, Obama views himself as a monarch, not the president, and his mask slips on occasion.

They are not his military, and nothing you can say will change that.

I am glad you brought up Clinton though, he is a great example for your side. Clinton is the one that ordered military action even though only 4 people voted in favor of it both houses of Congress, didn't pay any attention to the 60 day requirement, and coulnd't even get a vote for funding the war he started pass the House. Want to point out where any Republican did anything like that? The closest you can get is Obama and Libya, but the House did vote to pay for his war.

Last edited:

British navy vessels are designated by HMS, which means Her, or His, Majesty's Ship because the British military is an extension of the crown.

The US Navy designates their ships USS because they are an extension of the United States.

The British Military swears an oath to obey the Queen. "I swear by Almighty God that I will be faithful and bear true allegiance to Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II, her heirs and successors and that I will as in duty bound honestly and faithfully defend Her Majesty, her heirs and successors in person, crown and dignity against all enemies and will observe and obey all orders of Her Majesty, her heirs and successors and of the generals and officers set over me."

The US military swears an oath to the Constitution. "I, _____, do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice. So help me God."

I can go on, but I think you get the picture, Obama views himself as a monarch, not the president, and his mask slips on occasion.

True.

However of all of problems with President Obama, this one is among the least of my worries.

I think what we have here is an argument over semantics. As another example, I've had minor disagreements with other right of center folks over the use of the word "uppity" in reguard to Obama. (never read you use the term fwiw). My opinion is that calling Obama "uppity" is wrong and does carry racial overtones best left in distant history.

That said, I believe that where President Obama is concerned, the term "megalomaniac" is much more accurate and carries none of the ill will of "uppity".

Like I said... semantics.

:lol:

You make a big deal about what seems to be a verbal slip rather than a true belief that he is King as you suggest. It really is funny. Why do you just ignore the fact that in the sentence following his verbal miscue that he says "we are considering"? If he believed it was "his military", he would have said I am considering. You have so much hate for Obama that you look for anything you can come up with as a "smoking gun" to prove to all of us how Obama is Satan himself. This shit really is getting old. We have real issues to worry about.

Well he is the CIC and the fact that a jackass like him wouldn't last two seconds in any military shouldn't be considered.

I'm sure any of the four dead men at Benghazi could have kicked his ass no problem but he is the CIC.

Well he speaks as if he owns them. He is their boss, not their master.

You and the op are projecting your own bias here...what a stupid topic.

And if he had said "the military" the OP would be, "He doesn't know he's commander in chief?"

Why would ‘anyone’ need to?

The president has made no such claim; the cited is idiomatic, a figure of speech.

The OP’s premise is consequently ignorant and partisan, or a willful lie and partisan.

BULLSHIT !!! figure of speech, shove that right up your ass :up:

"I have had my military"

my; of or relating to me or myself especially as possessor,
of, belonging to, or associated with the speaker or writer (me)
of or belonging to me

OK ?? in it's usage, "my" is possessive, meaning, he owns the Military !!!

got it now ? there was no tongue slip, the MF'er believes he owns everything.., i got news for the son-of-a-bitch !! :up:

The president has made no such claim; the cited is idiomatic, a figure of speech.

The OP’s premise is consequently ignorant and partisan, or a willful lie and partisan.

"I have had my military"

of or belonging to me

got it now ? there was no tongue slip, the MF'er believes he owns everything.., i got news for the son-of-a-bitch !! :up:

So any man who says "My Wife" is wrong? Afterall, you don't own her...

332-206. Earned it!

"I have had my military"

of or belonging to me

So any man who says "My Wife" is wrong? Afterall, you don't own her...

332-206. Earned it!

THAT'S DIFFERENT !! :lmao: ...... :lmao: ..... :lmao: ...... :lmao:

Forum List

Back