Did anyone tell Obama the military does not belong to him?

President Obama is the Commander-in-Chief. Of course he doesn't own the military but within the War Powers Act he and he alone is solely in control, and he will make the decision to go or not. Just like Reagan, Bush I, Clinton and Bush II did.

They are not his military, and nothing you can say will change that.

I am glad you brought up Clinton though, he is a great example for your side. Clinton is the one that ordered military action even though only 4 people voted in favor of it both houses of Congress, didn't pay any attention to the 60 day requirement, and coulnd't even get a vote for funding the war he started pass the House. Want to point out where any Republican did anything like that? The closest you can get is Obama and Libya, but the House did vote to pay for his war.

Clinton and Obama's 'war'? If I recall correctly, both of these humanitarian efforts were real coalitions with NATO doing the wet work. Both were short and successful, in that innocent civilians are no longer being murdered; compare to the fiasco that is Iraq.

what a joke, both those "humanitarian efforts" were to aid the muslimes and their AQ brotherhood, you apparently are not a Christian or you would remember what you may have learned in school about the Crusades......, OK.., i am sorry you were not in school when that part of history was being taught..........., ooooh damn !! there i go again presuming you even went to school :up: ... :lmao:

Link to President Bush referring to the forces as his personal property or your post is bullshit.

How 'bout that embarrassing photo of him on the carrier, his socks stuffed down the front of his pants so it looked like he actualy had a dick and wearing one of the many uniforms he had no right to wear.

I can't comment on his crotch because I don't have any other evidence to verify authenticity (nor do I care), but please point out how any President cannot wear a flight suit. You say he doesn't have a "right" to wear it, so that must mean it's against some law or code. Cite the law or code.

Wasn't he an actual pilot at one point?

original.jpg

I didn't notice this before, but what the hell is wrong with this guy?

He could, when necessary, open up with both barrels and let forth such blue-flamed phrases that they seemed almost eloquent in their delivery. When asked by his nephew about his profanity, Patton remarked, "When I want my men to remember something important, to really make it stick, I give it to them double dirty. It may not sound nice to some bunch of little old ladies at an afternoon tea party, but it helps my soldiers to remember. You can't run an army without profanity; and it has to be eloquent profanity. An army without profanity couldn't fight it's way out of a piss-soaked paper bag."

The Famous Patton Speech | Printer Ink

Oh my fucking GOD - General Patton thought that the troops under his command actually BELONGED to him, like slaves or something. This is UNBELIEVABLE. I'm so OUTRAGED! I'm just beside myself, I'm about to explode with anger!

Oh - but - wait a second, never mind, FOX News didn't tell me to get pissed off about it - so I'm cool.

How 'bout that embarrassing photo of him on the carrier, his socks stuffed down the front of his pants so it looked like he actualy had a dick and wearing one of the many uniforms he had no right to wear.

I can't comment on his crotch because I don't have any other evidence to verify authenticity (nor do I care), but please point out how any President cannot wear a flight suit. You say he doesn't have a "right" to wear it, so that must mean it's against some law or code. Cite the law or code.

Wasn't he an actual pilot at one point?

Yes.

But anyone gets to wear a flight suit. Those aren't considered official uniforms. The insignia denotes uniform status.

Did they join so they could hide their faces like cowards?

Did you say the same about similar photos of troops in 2006?

You answer first.

But yeah, it's stupid to use a uniform and rank to speak out against a war.
Dumbest thing I ever heard of. If they joined up thinking their opinion of who they should fight would matter, then they joined the wrong military. If they want to speak out against it they should do it in their civilian clothes as private citizens instead of insulting their uniforms.

I didn't notice this before, but what the hell is wrong with this guy?

Now, I have not made a final decision about various actions that might be taken to help enforce that norm. But as I've already said, I have had my military and our team look at a wide range of options. We have consulted with allies. We've consulted with Congress. We've been in conversations with all the interested parties, and in no event are we considering any kind of military action that would involve boots on the ground, that would involve a long-term campaign. But we are looking at the possibility of a limited, narrow act that would help make sure that not only Syria, but others around the world, understand that the international community cares about maintaining this chemical weapons ban and norm.

Transcript: Obama?s remarks on Syria ? CNN Political Ticker - CNN.com Blogs

President Obama is the Commander-in-Chief. Of course he doesn't own the military but within the War Powers Act he and he alone is solely in control, and he will make the decision to go or not. Just like Reagan, Bush I, Clinton and Bush II did.

So much for Obama being the anti warmonger. Many of us were picked on for backing someone like Ron Paul, well... fuck you bitchz that put Bush III in office for a second term.

Did they join so they could hide their faces like cowards?

Did you say the same about similar photos of troops in 2006?

You answer first.

I called them shit heads.

You don't sign up for battle and then cherry-pick which battles.

I'm full-on against this impending war with Syria just as I was with the Somalia bullshit, but these guys signed up to defend their country and follow the lawful orders of those appointed above them.

But yeah, it's stupid to use a uniform and rank to speak out against a war.
Dumbest thing I ever heard of. If they joined up thinking their opinion of who they should fight would matter, then they joined the wrong military. If they want to speak out against it they should do it in their civilian clothes as private citizens instead of insulting their uniforms.

So was that your same opinion 10 years ago?

Last edited:
op-You racist (50%+) hater dupes hate ANYTHING he does fer chrissake. That's why it's a good idea to get pubs down on paper on everything- cause the next day every single one but crazy old McCain will have been against whatever he does from way back lol. The GOP is a BS disgrace.

Last edited:
op-You racist (50%+) hater dupes hate ANYTHING he does fer chrissake. That's why it's a good idea to get pubs down on paper on everything- cause the next day every single one but crazy old McCain will have been against whatever he does from way back lol. The GOP is a BS disgrace.
You say that like you think hating everything Obama does is a bad thing. Obama is entirely incapable of doing anything that can be supported by anyone. He's proven that a thousand times. On very rare occasions the teleprompter gives him something decent to say, but that's not Obama, that's the people behind the teleprompter.

McCain? He the worst republican in the history of republicans, he has always been a democrat. He's never been on the right side of any political argument.

If they joined up thinking their opinion of who they should fight would matter, then they joined the wrong military. If they want to speak out against it they should do it in their civilian clothes as private citizens instead of insulting their uniforms.
Why? They joined up to fight against terrorists, not for terrorists. Are you saying soldiers should never speak up, no matter what the traitor in chief orders? Insult to the uniform to make a statement that coincides with 80% of America? BULL SHIT. Those soldiers are Americans. Not minions for the traitor in the white house. Fight for Al Qaeda? Really? Arabs are offering to pay us to do an Iraq on Syria. Is that what we do now? Go from state to state throwing out governments we don't like? How many are we gonna do this to? How much is an American life worth now?

Last edited:
In a wide sense it's "our" armed forces but the Prez is also kinda right here. It's not the most artfull phrase he has used but it sorta is "his" military in so far as he is the boss.

I see your point, let me explain why I think you are wrong.

The clearest way to do so is to the US and the British military.

British navy vessels are designated by HMS, which means Her, or His, Majesty's Ship because the British military is an extension of the crown.

The US Navy designates their ships USS because they are an extension of the United States.

The British Military swears an oath to obey the Queen. "I swear by Almighty God that I will be faithful and bear true allegiance to Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II, her heirs and successors and that I will as in duty bound honestly and faithfully defend Her Majesty, her heirs and successors in person, crown and dignity against all enemies and will observe and obey all orders of Her Majesty, her heirs and successors and of the generals and officers set over me."

The US military swears an oath to the Constitution. "I, _____, do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice. So help me God."

I can go on, but I think you get the picture, Obama views himself as a monarch, not the president, and his mask slips on occasion.

Well, that is your opinion. But where were you when Bush 2 was in there?

If they joined up thinking their opinion of who they should fight would matter, then they joined the wrong military. If they want to speak out against it they should do it in their civilian clothes as private citizens instead of insulting their uniforms.
Why? They joined up to fight against terrorists, not for terrorists. Are you saying soldiers should never speak up, no matter what the traitor in chief orders? Insult to the uniform to make a statement that coincides with 80% of America? BULL SHIT. Those soldiers are Americans. Not minions for the traitor in the white house. Fight for Al Qaeda? Really? Arabs are offering to pay us to do an Iraq on Syria. Is that what we do now? Go from state to state throwing out governments we don't like? How many are we gonna do this to? How much is an American life worth now?

For more than a hundred years America has been going state to state supporting brutal dictatorships and preventing the popular majority from ruling their own countries. We did this in the Philippines, Vietnam, and multiple times in South and central America. Why is that O.K., but supporting popular uprisings and disposing dictatorships is wrong?

Ok, you don't like the present President. Was Bush more to your liking?

Traitor in chief is a dead give away that no matter what the President does, you will do your best to cast it in a bad light. Had he chosen to do nothing, you would be on here critisizing that. It is people like yourself that are traitors to this nation. You would seek partisan advantage, no matter what the damage to the nation.

Ok, you don't like the present President. Was Bush more to your liking?

Traitor in chief is a dead give away that no matter what the President does, you will do your best to cast it in a bad light. Had he chosen to do nothing, you would be on here critisizing that. It is people like yourself that are traitors to this nation. You would seek partisan advantage, no matter what the damage to the nation.

>>> Ok, you don't like the present President.
Wrong. I hate him.

>>> Was Bush more to your liking?
Yes, Bush was more to my liking than Obama.

>>> Traitor in chief is a dead give away that no matter what the President does, you will do your best to cast it in a bad light.
Obama is the scum of the earth. I don't have to cast a light on that scumbag, he does that with every statement he makes.

>>> Had he chosen to do nothing, you would be on here critisizing that.
Correct. Nothing is the wrong thing too.

>>> It is people like yourself that are traitors to this nation.
If hating this dirt bag in chief with every fiber makes me a traitor to this nation in your eyes then so be it. In my eyes the traitors are the ones blindly supporting Obama because of his position. A man that could not even pass a security background check if it wasn't for the election. Obama stands for everything bad about the world.

>>> You would seek partisan advantage, no matter what the damage to the nation.
I'm not a republican, I seek no damage to this country, I seek to repair it by removing the cancer.

Oh and you are a COWARD FOR NEGGING ME FOR SUPPORTING OUR TROOPS INSTEAD OF SUPPORTING OBAMA. Screw you ass hole. Screw you for being on the wrong side and for being a coward.

Last edited:

For more than a hundred years America has been going state to state supporting brutal dictatorships and preventing the popular majority from ruling their own countries. We did this in the Philippines, Vietnam, and multiple times in South and central America. Why is that O.K., but supporting popular uprisings and disposing dictatorships is wrong?

Why are you asking me? What makes you think I supported the strategy of supporting brutal dictatorships as a means for anything?

Arguing with the voices in your head again? Didn't your doctor explain how to tell the difference?

You never fail to default to the evil ad hominem logical fallacy. Too stupid to present a concise and credible argument and too arrogant to ever admit defeat.

Point out where I said that any war belonged to Clinton, or Obama. Since I didn't say that, you must be arguing with someone else, which gave me no reason to present any kind of argument.

"Too stupid to present a concise and credible argument and too arrogant to ever admit defeat" and too dishonest to post my entire argument.

In a wide sense it's "our" armed forces but the Prez is also kinda right here. It's not the most artfull phrase he has used but it sorta is "his" military in so far as he is the boss.

I see your point, let me explain why I think you are wrong.

The clearest way to do so is to the US and the British military.

British navy vessels are designated by HMS, which means Her, or His, Majesty's Ship because the British military is an extension of the crown.

The US Navy designates their ships USS because they are an extension of the United States.

The British Military swears an oath to obey the Queen. "I swear by Almighty God that I will be faithful and bear true allegiance to Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II, her heirs and successors and that I will as in duty bound honestly and faithfully defend Her Majesty, her heirs and successors in person, crown and dignity against all enemies and will observe and obey all orders of Her Majesty, her heirs and successors and of the generals and officers set over me."

The US military swears an oath to the Constitution. "I, _____, do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice. So help me God."

I can go on, but I think you get the picture, Obama views himself as a monarch, not the president, and his mask slips on occasion.

Well, that is your opinion. But where were you when Bush 2 was in there?

I never heard him say my military. So far, no one else has either. Did you, or am I just supposed to condemn him because you hate that I made a good argument against Obama?

Forum List

Back