Did Americans get tired of too much winning?

So what you're saying is that the wealthy should be funding a program the rest of us use, but they shouldn't use?

Yes, please explain to me how the wealthy were paying lower taxes with a higher marginal rate. Do they get more deductions paying a higher rate, more write-offs? It doesn't make sense. They have the same write-offs paying a lower marginal rate as they do the higher one. Logic dictates that they pay less taxes with a lower marginal rate. It sounds like wherever you got your stats from is bullshitting you.

If you worked lower wage jobs or mostly party time jobs than I have, at retirement time, I will get a larger SS check than you because I paid more into it. Why should it not be like that for the wealthy if they pay more into the program than the rest of us?
I didn't say the wealthier were paying lower taxes. I said they were shouldering less of the total tax burden when rates were higher.

PaF-Chart-6.png

Many opponents of higher taxes on the wealthy point to tax avoidance strategies. If the marginal tax rate is higher, well then the wealthy will just take more write offs. But what they never explain, and perhaps don't understand, is many of those "write-offs" are income to those lower on the ladder. The reality is that as marginal tax rates have declined the wealthy have chosen to take more and more income, and chosen to pass little down the line, in the form of training, investing in new employees, or enhancing benefits. Those lower marginal tax rates are a big reason that incomes at the lower levels have remained stagnant for decades.

Now to Social Security. No matter how bad you want it to be a retirement savings plan, it is not, and never was, such a plan. It is called "Social Insurance" and that is precisely what it is. Time it was treated accordingly and the limits were lifted. Retirement income should be means tested, period. I mean why in the hell are we sending Trump, or even Biden for that matter, a check every month.

And now let me explain how your Social Security check is calculated. Your full benefit is calculated from your 40 best quarters. I mean I can dick around for thirty years and then bust ass for ten, hit the income limit, and draw the maximum check at full retirement. And the best part, you can keep working past your full retirement age, every quarter counts. Retire at 70, the benefit is still calculated from your best 40 quarters. Plus, every year you postpone taking that check you get 8% added to the benefit, compounded. My strategy, retire at 72, get a 40% premium enhancement, and spend at least ten years hitting the income ceiling on contributions.

I didn't say the wealthier were paying lower taxes. I said they were shouldering less of the total tax burden when rates were higher.

PaF-Chart-6.png

Many opponents of higher taxes on the wealthy point to tax avoidance strategies. If the marginal tax rate is higher, well then the wealthy will just take more write offs. But what they never explain, and perhaps don't understand, is many of those "write-offs" are income to those lower on the ladder. The reality is that as marginal tax rates have declined the wealthy have chosen to take more and more income, and chosen to pass little down the line, in the form of training, investing in new employees, or enhancing benefits. Those lower marginal tax rates are a big reason that incomes at the lower levels have remained stagnant for decades.

Now to Social Security. No matter how bad you want it to be a retirement savings plan, it is not, and never was, such a plan. It is called "Social Insurance" and that is precisely what it is. Time it was treated accordingly and the limits were lifted. Retirement income should be means tested, period. I mean why in the hell are we sending Trump, or even Biden for that matter, a check every month.

And now let me explain how your Social Security check is calculated. Your full benefit is calculated from your 40 best quarters. I mean I can dick around for thirty years and then bust ass for ten, hit the income limit, and draw the maximum check at full retirement. And the best part, you can keep working past your full retirement age, every quarter counts. Retire at 70, the benefit is still calculated from your best 40 quarters. Plus, every year you postpone taking that check you get 8% added to the benefit, compounded. My strategy, retire at 72, get a 40% premium enhancement, and spend at least ten years hitting the income ceiling on contributions.

Whatever you do, please don't take a job as an investment advisor.

It's more than likely that Trump does not collect SS. For crying out loud, he didn't even accept any pay as President. He donated all but one dollar per year (as required by law) to various charities and agencies. He basically served our country for free, so I seriously doubt he collected anything on SS.

Nobody knows what their future holds so it would be complete stupidity to work until 70. You're better off retiring at 62 and work the maximum allowable (something like $1,300 a month) and you'll do better financially than waiting until 70. I lost my career at the age of 59 due to medical conditions. I went on disability which started when I turned 60. At 61, I was diagnosed with stage 4 cancer. They can't tell me if I'm going to live six months or six years. All they can tell me is how well my body is responding to the chemo which at this point, is very well. But......that can turn at any time.

Bottom line is that I was fortunate to be kicked out of work at 59. At least I got and will get a few years out of retirement. But my plan was to retire at 62. Between SS and my rental income, I live a pretty comfortable life. My plan was to work part-time, put all my earnings in my IRA account because there is no limit on contributions after 59 1/2, and then when I can't run this property any longer, sell it and then start to deduct from my IRA. It didn't work out that way between covid and cancer. So like I said, retire as soon as you can afford to. You might not be here tomorrow.

Whatever you do, please don't take a job as an investment advisor.

It's more than likely that Trump does not collect SS. For crying out loud, he didn't even accept any pay as President. He donated all but one dollar per year (as required by law) to various charities and agencies. He basically served our country for free, so I seriously doubt he collected anything on SS.

Nobody knows what their future holds so it would be complete stupidity to work until 70. You're better off retiring at 62 and work the maximum allowable (something like $1,300 a month) and you'll do better financially than waiting until 70. I lost my career at the age of 59 due to medical conditions. I went on disability which started when I turned 60. At 61, I was diagnosed with stage 4 cancer. They can't tell me if I'm going to live six months or six years. All they can tell me is how well my body is responding to the chemo which at this point, is very well. But......that can turn at any time.

Bottom line is that I was fortunate to be kicked out of work at 59. At least I got and will get a few years out of retirement. But my plan was to retire at 62. Between SS and my rental income, I live a pretty comfortable life. My plan was to work part-time, put all my earnings in my IRA account because there is no limit on contributions after 59 1/2, and then when I can't run this property any longer, sell it and then start to deduct from my IRA. It didn't work out that way between covid and cancer. So like I said, retire as soon as you can afford to. You might not be here tomorrow.
Sorry to hear about your cancer. Hope you kick its ass. But too late, I am already an "investment advisor", but not in the sense that you might think. I handle people in retirement. 35 years old, you don't contact me. But 65, planning your retirement, you ring me up.
For instance, you retire early, take that Social Security check as soon as you can, well when you hit 76 you start losing money. So, if you think you will die before 76, take the early retirement. But that is the problem. Everyone that is 65 figures they are going to be dead by 76, problem is almost all of them are wrong.

Sure, if you count "winning" as ignoring a pandemic, the hundreds of thousands of dead bodies, the economic carnage and ruin, and the incompetent, sputtering, insurrectionist and seditionist ending to a disaster of a Presidency. Then yeah, I can see how his most ardent supporters would call that winning. You wanted an autocracy. An economic boom and falling unemployment that began under his predecessor. All he had to do was not fuck it up...which he did, the first moment his Presidency was tested.

Donald Trump was a hot mess of a shit show. Donald Trump IS the worst President elected in United States history.
That's quite an accomplishment..eclipsing two Presidents (Buchanan and Pierce) who allowed events that led to the Civil War.
But I don't remember either one of those men ever making an attempt to shred The Constitution and our democratic norms..because he wanted to continue to play President. :)
A Global Pandemic, retard.

But made far worse HERE by the INACTION of the sitting President and his administration...DERP!!
He gets no blame for the virus or said virus making its way to our shores.
But being as he was CIC, he gets the BLAME for the lack of response to said virus outbreak...DERP!!
You are one major lying bastard.
The Eastern Hemisphere and South of the Border were hit much harder than the US and are still losing people by the thousands every day because they leaders, whom you worship, don't give the poor vaccines unless the US pays for them.
You're lying on this subject is beyond boring.

You are one major lying bastard.
The Eastern Hemisphere and South of the Border were hit much harder than the US and are still losing people by the thousands every day because they leaders, whom you worship, don't give the poor vaccines unless the US pays for them.
You're lying on this subject is beyond boring.
Stop moving the damn goalposts...LOL. I can kick 25 yards or so in my advanced age but it hurts my foot like a motherfucker. :)
The topic is "winning"..as in HERE..not there.

Worship?? What fucking dream reality do you live in? The one where we as a first world nation fuck up every underdeveloped nation we can...because we can?
C'mon man!

As Donald Trump joked during his first Presidential campaign, Americans would get tired of winning so much if he was elected. Was he prescient? 2017-18 should be looked upon by future historians as an American Golden Age of unprecedented economic growth and foreign policy successes. But was it too much and too soon?

Barely four years later, President Trump is remembered more for his "mean tweets" than for his tremendous accomplishments. Why is that? The MSM has been an essential part of Democrat political propaganda during this time, but has that been enough to erase people's memories of how prosperous and successful our nation was? Did fear of a "worldwide pandemic" result in an emotional overload that rendered many people incapable of rational thought? Or has it now become an excuse for electing the worst President in American history?

I think all of these are at play in the minds of the American public, which has been assaulted by politically correct doublespeak for many decades. When words and definitions cease to have meaning, people tend to retreat into intellectual safe spaces where conflict and controversy are not allowed. Can this trend ever be reversed?

Trump lost everything in 2020, loser.

Get in Loser.jpg

LOL

Stop moving the damn goalposts...LOL. I can kick 25 yards or so in my advanced age but it hurts my foot like a motherfucker. :)
The topic is "winning"..as in HERE..not there.

Worship?? What fucking dream reality do you live in? The one where we as a first world nation fuck up every underdeveloped nation we can...because we can?
C'mon man!
Your hatred of Trump is caused by the fact that he wanted Americans to be employed.
If Trump had one or more items on his platform that you felt sucked, LIST THEM!

Your hatred of Trump is caused by the fact that he wanted Americans to be employed.
If Trump had one or more items on his platform that you felt sucked, LIST THEM!
1) His support of the 2017 McConnell/Ryan tax cut. Nuff said.
2) His trade tariff war with China.

Wanna keep going? :)

1) His support of the 2017 McConnell/Ryan tax cut. Nuff said.
2) His trade tariff war with China.

Wanna keep going? :)
Yes...keep going, Portfolio Worshipper.

Oh. OK

Nope.
Gates controls almost all pharmaceutical companies and if he wanted to do anything, he could have it put into the annual flu shot.
On the other hand, I have relatives in my son-in-law's family that have worked in quality control for pharmaceuticals, so that "Gates" theory is stupid as fuck.

Glad you backtracked.

Still, the highlighted portion is almost as fucking retarded.

You have zero clue how capitalism works.

But keep claiming you think you know business, free markets and capitalism works!

LOL

Oh. OK

Glad you backtracked.

Still, the highlighted portion is almost as fucking retarded.

You have zero clue how capitalism works.

But keep claiming you think you know business, free markets and capitalism works!

LOL
I probably know more than you as Gates has forced unproven vaccinations upon young girls.
Gates has stock in almost every major corporation on earth.

As Donald Trump joked during his first Presidential campaign, Americans would get tired of winning so much if he was elected. Was he prescient? 2017-18 should be looked upon by future historians as an American Golden Age of unprecedented economic growth and foreign policy successes. But was it too much and too soon?

Barely four years later, President Trump is remembered more for his "mean tweets" than for his tremendous accomplishments. Why is that? The MSM has been an essential part of Democrat political propaganda during this time, but has that been enough to erase people's memories of how prosperous and successful our nation was? Did fear of a "worldwide pandemic" result in an emotional overload that rendered many people incapable of rational thought? Or has it now become an excuse for electing the worst President in American history?

I think all of these are at play in the minds of the American public, which has been assaulted by politically correct doublespeak for many decades. When words and definitions cease to have meaning, people tend to retreat into intellectual safe spaces where conflict and controversy are not allowed. Can this trend ever be reversed?
Within two months of disruption by the Covid-19 pandemic the U.S. economy was in pretty sad shape, with most Americans needing Covid relief checks from the federal government just to make ends meet.
Many private businesses, likewise, didn't have the savings put away from the previous two years of this (supposedly) "booming" economy to weather the epidemic and went out of business as a result.
The only ones who "won" during Trump's tenure were Wall Street and America's million/billionairs.
He didn't do jack sh*t for the rest of America!
In fact we're feeling the results of his disasterous, bungled one term now; of course conservotards are blaming Biden for it, but our current dismal state of our economy can be directly traced back to Trump's incompetence.

Within two months of disruption by the Covid-19 pandemic the U.S. economy was in pretty sad shape, with most Americans needing Covid relief checks from the federal government just to make ends meet.
Many private businesses, likewise, didn't have the savings put away from the previous two years of this (supposedly) "booming" economy to weather the epidemic and went out of business as a result.
The only ones who "won" during Trump's tenure were Wall Street and America's million/billionairs.
He didn't do jack sh*t for the rest of America!
In fact we're feeling the results of his disasterous, bungled one term now; of course conservotards are blaming Biden for it, but our current dismal state of our economy can be directly traced back to Trump's incompetence.
Bullshit!

Sure, if you count "winning" as ignoring a pandemic, the hundreds of thousands of dead bodies, the economic carnage and ruin, and the incompetent, sputtering, insurrectionist and seditionist ending to a disaster of a Presidency. Then yeah, I can see how his most ardent supporters would call that winning. You wanted an autocracy. An economic boom and falling unemployment that began under his predecessor. All he had to do was not fuck it up...which he did, the first moment his Presidency was tested.

Donald Trump was a hot mess of a shit show. Donald Trump IS the worst President elected in United States history.
That's quite an accomplishment..eclipsing two Presidents (Buchanan and Pierce) who allowed events that led to the Civil War.
But I don't remember either one of those men ever making an attempt to shred The Constitution and our democratic norms..because he wanted to continue to play President. :)

All the kook sites, the dnc run media and the leftist twats on the view told me Trump is bad!

Forum List

Back