Did Americans get tired of too much winning?

I see no increase in generic congressional polls. Republicans lead by about 2½ points, which is no worse than it's been for sometime now. Same with Trump v Biden, where Trump has typically been ahead by a couple of points. So I explain an increase for Republicans by you just making that up.

View attachment 674837

And again, the increase in the polls of those saying we're going in the wrong direction since March has been entirely due to Democrats.

1656630134987-jpeg.664483
Alright. Let's take your stats. As Biden's unapproval ratings grow and people saying that the country is going in the wrong direction grows, and we just had the release of the Supreme Court decision not too long ago, even according to you, democrats are not gaining. But, you said that people believing the country is going in the wrong direction is due to the left thinking that about the right. So, why hasn't that translated into democrats doing better in the polling?

Alright. Let's take your stats. As Biden's unapproval ratings grow and people saying that the country is going in the wrong direction grows, and we just had the release of the Supreme Court decision not too long ago, even according to you, democrats are not gaining. But, you said that people believing the country is going in the wrong direction is due to the left thinking that about the right. So, why hasn't that translated into democrats doing better in the polling?

Because you're conflating Biden approval polls with direction of the country polls.

Because you're conflating Biden approval polls with direction of the country polls.
No I'm not. Biden approval polls are bad and yet your own figures show no uptick with Dems. Direction of the country polls are bad and you claim it is because the left are unhappy with the right. And yet your very own stats you posted show no progress for dems in any of your stats.

No I'm not. Biden approval polls are bad and yet your own figures show no uptick with Dems. Direction of the country polls are bad and you claim it is because the left are unhappy with the right. And yet your very own stats you posted show no progress for dems in any of your stats.

I didn't post Biden approval polls. I cited his current average dissatisfaction rating. I didn't break that down among Democrats and Republicans.

As far as direction of the country polls, I was able to show that growth in dissatisfaction was entirely due to Democrats and over a period of time where the SCOTUS made some rulings very objectionable to Democrats.

Not all 100% of dissatisfaction with the direction of the country is due to Biden's performance. Again, dissatisfaction with the country is around 80%. But dissatisfaction with Biden is 57% on average. Clearly, not everyone blames Biden for the country heading in the wrong direction.

I didn't post Biden approval polls. I cited his current average dissatisfaction rating. I didn't break that down among Democrats and Republicans.

As far as direction of the country polls, I was able to show that growth in dissatisfaction was entirely due to Democrats and over a period of time where the SCOTUS made some rulings very objectionable to Democrats.

Not all 100% of dissatisfaction with the direction of the country is due to Biden's performance. Again, dissatisfaction with the country is around 80%. But dissatisfaction with Biden is 57% on average. Clearly, not everyone blames Biden for the country heading in the wrong direction.
If you showed that growth in dissatisfaction was entirely due to Democrats and over a period of time where the SCOTUS made some rulings very objectionable to Democrats then why aren't democrats making forward progress in the polls? Same holds true about the sham Jan 6th hearings. Even after those, Trump actually moved ahead of Biden in the hypo 2024 matchup. Or are you admitting that Independents aren't changing their opinions based on the items you pointed out?

Then you should have no problem paying what you do for groceries, services and just about everything. If I make an extra $800.00 a month, how is that a good thing when my expenses went up $900.00 a month, because that's what's happening. Those increased wages were outpaced by the cost of living.
Yeah, it's a catch 22 situation for many! But, it's always worked that way..... We've never really gotten ahead, none but the very few.

I'd rather pay more for widgets because some minimum wage worker makes a couple bucks more an hour, than pay more for a product because the company gave a $10,000,000 a year wage increase to the CEO, or because cow hands in Argentina went on strike and leather supply got reduced, raising prices, Cost of goods go up year after year after year after year....our dollar buys less....for one reason or another......why not for wage increases for your minimum wage workers every once in a while?

A labor shortage is only part of what is making prices go up, a supply shortage on goods is contributing too, as well as an oil shortage.....NONE are meeting our demands!!!! American economy has been on fire! Nothing has stopped our pent up, covid induced from lockdown, spending spree! Thus the Fed raising interest rates to try to slow our collective spending.

We, are causing inflation.....

We went from no travel, to full travel and vacations....
We went from slow to no purchasing, but on essentials, to full blown Black Friday spending, every day of the week....
AND Big purchases that were put off like on homes and cars for a couple of years, went to we all want one NOW!

The Market wasn't ready for us!

Yeah, it's a catch 22 situation for many! But, it's always worked that way..... We've never really gotten ahead, none but the very few.

I'd rather pay more for widgets because some minimum wage worker makes a couple bucks more an hour, than pay more for a product because the company gave a $10,000,000 a year wage increase to the CEO, or because cow hands in Argentina went on strike and leather supply got reduced, raising prices, Cost of goods go up year after year after year after year....our dollar buys less....for one reason or another......why not for wage increases for your minimum wage workers every once in a while?

A labor shortage is only part of what is making prices go up, a supply shortage on goods is contributing too, as well as an oil shortage.....NONE are meeting our demands!!!! American economy has been on fire! Nothing has stopped our pent up, covid induced from lockdown, spending spree! Thus the Fed raising interest rates to try to slow our collective spending.

We, are causing inflation.....

We went from no travel, to full travel and vacations....
We went from slow to no purchasing, but on essentials, to full blown Black Friday spending, every day of the week....
AND Big purchases that were put off like on homes and cars for a couple of years, went to we all want one NOW!

The Market wasn't ready for us!

Purchasing has little to nothing to do with inflation. We have gouging laws in this country specifically for things like covid. The bottom line is we conditioned people not to work. We have more people living at home with mom and pop than anytime in history. Those people don't have to work full-time. I'm sure many are not working at all.

If you want to pay more money for products, that's fine with me, but do you check the label of where those products are produced at? If you use Amazon a lot, you have no idea where the product is made until you open up the boxes. Now more than ever people are looking to purchase as much as they can with as little as they need to spend. We are not causing inflation, our leadership is.

The Democrats paid people more to stay home than work thus creating the labor shortage.
The labor shortage is responsible for the supply chain shortage, which is about to get worse thanks to Newsom in California.
Dementia became a threat to fossil fuels, so that cost more than doubled alone.
When businesses have to pay much higher costs for utilities, supplies and transportation costs, that greatly adds to inflation.

It all boils down to failed leadership stemming from this climate change farce.

Forum List

Back