Dick's CEO Confronted By Shareholder For Scorched Earth Against 2nd Amd.

at this point it does not matter at all to me if dicks changes its policies back to selling ars

i will never shop at their store or any subsidiaries they may have

Does not the right believe that business may sell or not what it pleases, as long as it follows the law?
Their Nanny State insists on telling you what merchandise you must sell

Now, if Dicks refused to sell to a gay couple, they would applaud

A sporting goods store that doesnt sell firearms and ammo is very likely to go out of business for two reasons.
Loss of market share when it comes to firearms and loss of sales from 2nd amendment supporters.
Many sporting goods companies do not sell firearms

Does not the right believe that business may sell or not what it pleases, as long as it follows the law?

A sporting goods store that doesnt sell firearms and ammo is very likely to go out of business for two reasons.
Loss of market share when it comes to firearms and loss of sales from 2nd amendment supporters.

why bother to shop at an anti 2nd amendment sporting store

--LOL

A shareholder pointing out correctly, that the CEO is not doing his job,

is not the State, you moron.

The CEO is responsible for the direction of the company
He does not want to be associated with assault rifles. Neither does Walmart

The CEO is responsible TO the shareholders.

His responsibility is to make money for them, not pander to liberal activists.

If he does not want to be associated with a product that his store has sold forever, then he should fucking QUIT.

Many sporting goods companies do not sell firearms

Yeah.....like REI.
We had a bunch of them in Houston years ago.
.......now we have two.

why bother to shop at an anti 2nd amendment sporting store

--LOL

I sure as hell wont.

at this point it does not matter at all to me if dicks changes its policies back to selling ars

Dicks does not want mass murderers as clients

They're going out of business soon.
They're prices are to high and they no longer sell guns.
Bass Pro Shops prices are too high yet they thrive because of gun sales.

Dicks does not want mass murderers as clients

They're going out of business soon.
They're prices are to high and they no longer sell guns.
Bass Pro Shops prices are too high yet they thrive because of gun sales.

indeed Durhams has increased sales as well in fact that is where i geared up

for the last weeks fishing trip and vacation

So what? I'm sure horse and buggy stock isn't doing so well, either. Times are changing, and people are waking up to what guns really are : death tools.

Golly, that's helpful, 'cuz when I was a kid, we all thought firearms were tools to make rainbows.

Thanks for clearing that up.
You're welcome. See, we have normalized these items that are chiefly used to put holes in living things. They should not ever have been normalized. They should have a stigma attached to them. And this is starting to happen.

If I saw a guy in line at the grocery store with a spiked club and samurai swords across his back, I would think, "Wow, look at this fucking freak!" I think the same thing should happen with guns, and I think it will.

If that doesn't make sense, I could try to dumb it down further.

What doesn't make sense it to suggest we haven't always understood how firearms work.

Personally, I don't give a shit what someone carries as long as they do not infringe on the rights of another.
Part of the problem here is that a shotgun makes it a lot easier to infringe someone else's right to life or freedom.

The firearm "makes" it easier? Didn't think an inanimate object could do such a thing. Hmm.

Well, by that logic, a vehicle also makes it easier to infringe on someone else's rights. No car for you!

Your logic is failing.
Lol, you can't really call what you just did "logic". You are drawing false equivalencies.

BTW, by all means let's treat guns like vehicles. Proficiency testing, lisemcing, registration, and liability insurance. I take it you would be OK with that since you want to compare the two?

So what? I'm sure horse and buggy stock isn't doing so well, either. Times are changing, and people are waking up to what guns really are : death tools.
Guns in the hands of the 90 million private citizens who own them aren't meant to be death tools, but rather, sporting equipment at the range and only death tools in self defense or hunting for venison.

Oh noes. One share holder. Oh my.

OP, why is this significant?
You can actually buy just one share and attend an AGM if you want to be a nuisance. I have done it myself in the past. Its a standard agitators tactic.

You don't get to speak if all you have is a single share. What that share will buy you is the ability to sue the company. Yet again you have no idea of what you are speaking.
Is that a US law ? In the UK any shareholder can get up and ask a question.

Highly doubtful. Shareholder meetings are very regulated to keep idiots from wasting the very valuable time of fellow shareholders. Like i said, the single share ploy allows you to sue, but little else. I've been to dozens of shareholder meetings and not once has a gadfly been allowed to speak.
Well what you know could be written in a matchbox with a crayon. Maybe its like that in the US but not over here in the civilised world.
All shareholders have the right to question the board.

No they don't. If they did those meetings would never end because there is an unending supply of dimwits like you who would plague them with your empty headed proclamations.

A firearm is not a "tool of death". It is a tool to use to provide food, to provide entertainment and recreation, and a tool of self defense

It is,first and foremost, a tool of death. I am not saying it cannot also be used to accomplish those things,and you are missing my point.

No, I'm pointing out that you have no point because your fear and hatred is blinding you to the truth. It is NOT a tool of death. It is so much more than that. It's all about the PERSON that is using it.
And the vast majority of people shouldn't be using them.

Based on how few are used illegally, and or/stupidly, you are wrong.

Guns in the hands of the 90 million private citizens who own them aren't meant to be death tools, but rather, sporting equipment at the range and only death tools in self defense or hunting for venison.
Manage to kill 30,000 people a year

A firearm is not a "tool of death". It is a tool to use to provide food, to provide entertainment and recreation, and a tool of self defense

It is,first and foremost, a tool of death. I am not saying it cannot also be used to accomplish those things,and you are missing my point.

No, I'm pointing out that you have no point because your fear and hatred is blinding you to the truth. It is NOT a tool of death. It is so much more than that. It's all about the PERSON that is using it.

That depends entirely on your definition of "stupidly".

No, it doesn't. Stupid uses involve illegal acts, and negligent discharges. Whether they end up with someone injured or not. Based on the sheer number of guns in the hands of citizens, and the vanishingly small percentage that get used for illegal, and idotic acts, guns are by far one of the safest tools on the planet.

Swimming pools and hot tubs are far more dangerous on a per capita basis. better not go swimming.

Swimming pools and hot tubs are far more dangerous on a per capita basis. better not go swimming.
If we had more responsible gun owners in this nation we have less gun deaths.

No, it doesn't. Stupid uses involve illegal acts, and negligent discharges. Whether they end up with someone injured or not. Based on the sheer number of guns in the hands of citizens, and the vanishingly small percentage that get used for illegal, and idotic acts, guns are by far one of the safest tools on the planet.
By your definition.

Forum List

Back