Diane Feinstein wants to take ALL of your guns

It takes about 10 seconds to fact check and look up context. Next time you should take 10 seconds before posting stuff like this.

NRA leader mangles Feinstein quote about taking guns

I remember seeing and hearing the remark, in the full context in which she made it, on Sixty Minutes, twenty-some years ago.

In the article which you linked, Mr. Greenberg is flat-out, willfully, knowing lying. In the original context, it was very, very clear what Dianne Feinswine meant; even more so when you consider much of the rest of her history regarding this issue.

It takes about 10 seconds to fact check and look up context. Next time you should take 10 seconds before posting stuff like this.

I remember seeing and hearing the remark, in the full context in which she made it, on Sixty Minutes, twenty-some years ago.

In the article which you linked, Mr. Greenberg is flat-out, willfully, knowing lying. In the original context, it was very, very clear what Dianne Feinswine meant; even more so when you consider much of the rest of her history regarding this issue.
Well there a great thing called you tube where you can go back and watch now and she is being interviewed about her assault weapon ban legislation and is clearly talking about those weapons as that’s what the discussion was about. The lie is in the OP

Politifact is a leftist, lying (redundant, I know) advocacy group for the DNC.

Is she a law maker?

yes, but she needs to get all the other lawmakers to agree.

The real problem you guys have. 78% of us don't own guns and a lot of us are sick of the shit we have to put up with from the minority that does.

In some places like NYC the laws make it time consuming to own a firearm, as well as too expensive for most people.

You can't claim X% doesn't own something when large areas of the country have laws designed to make ownership as onerous as possible.

Also, not owning one doesn't mean people want to give up the right to own one. Just because I have never needed or used my right to a trial by jury doesn't mean I want to get rid of said right.

Dems want a perfect society managed from central control....everyone thinks the same...everyone conforms....everyone accepts a poorer constrained existence...no one stands out no one is free....and all power and land under the sun belongs to the ruling class....a ruling class empowered for life...

See why they have to disarm the people to achieve such a thing?....

Last edited:
Where are the lying liberals that claim otherwise?

https://vm.tiktok.com/CDGGdn/

Wrong. She wanted to ban ALL guns but the votes weren't there so she could only go after "assault" weapons.
Where are the lying liberals that claim otherwise?

https://vm.tiktok.com/CDGGdn/

Wrong. She wanted to ban ALL guns but the votes weren't there so she could only go after "assault" weapons.
No she didn’t, that was the NRA spin but if you read the whole interview and also look at the supporting statements she and her office made It quite clear what her position was and it was about assault weapons.

——
In December 1995, Feinstein made a similar statement on the Senate floor that was focused on assault-style weapons, not all guns. “If I had my way, I would ban the possession of assault weapons anywhere in the United States of America, but there were not going to be the votes for that,” she said.

Feinstein’s office also denied that she would like to see assault weapons confiscated. (In the “60 Minutes” interview, she described “picking up every one of them” and having Americans “turn ’em all in.”)

What Assault Weapons Ban? produced by Rome Hartman aired 2/5/95 Lesley Stahl (in studio): When you spend time at a gun show, as

Well there a great thing called you tube where you can go back and watch now and she is being interviewed about her assault weapon ban legislation and is clearly talking about those weapons as that’s what the discussion was about. The lie is in the OP

Yes, and even in that clip, you can see enough to make it clear what her intent was.

If you can watch that, and go on to claim that her intent was anything other than to ban all privately-held firearms if she could, then you are either delusional, or else you are flat-out lying.

And I remember watching the entire, original interview on Sixty Minutes, twenty-something years ago. Any doubt left by this clip, and whether it might be taken out of context, would be completely dispelled if you saw the whole thing. This is someone who, if she had her way, would completely deny all of us “little people” any right or ability to exercise our Second Amendment rights.

Don't forget, that this is someone who, when she was mayor of Than Fwanthithco, had the authority to grant or deny carry permits in that city. She allowed, during her term in that office, exactly one permit to be issued. To herself.

Last edited:
Dems want a perfect society managed from central control....everyone thinks the same...everyone conforms....everyone accepts a poorer constrained existence...no one stands out no one is free....and all power and land under the sun belongs to the ruling class....a ruling class empowered for life...

See why they have to disarm the people to achieve such a thing?....

Dianne Feinswine is almost a perfect model organism for that sort of elitist. As I pointed out, when she was mayor of Than Fwanthithco, and had the sole authority to grant or deny CCW permits, she granted one to herself, but none to anyone else. Having the power to abuse to do so, she would not allow anyone else, this right, which she reserved exclusively for herself.

Later in her term, having got a law passed in Than Fwanthithco that banned all handguns (and which was later thrown out in the courts), she made a big show of turning in her own gun, at which point plenty of sharp observers noted that the gun that she turned in was not the one specified in her CCW permit.

Yes, and even in that clip, you can see enough to make it clear what her intent was.

If you can watch that, and go on to claim that her intent was anything other than to ban all privately-held firearms if she could, then you are either delusional, or else you are flat-out lying.

And I remember watching the entire, original interview on Sixty Minutes, twenty-something years ago. Any doubt left by this clip, and whether it might be taken out of context, would be completely dispelled if you saw the whole thing. This is someone who, if she had her way, would completely deny all of us “little people” any right or ability to exercise our Second Amendment rights.

Don't forget, that this is someone who, when she was mayor of Than Fwanthithco, had the authority to grant or deny carry permits in that city. She allowed, during her term in that office, exactly one permit to be issued. To herself.
i posted the transcript to the entire interview plus statements she made in congress and her office at the time, all make it very clear that she was talking about the assault weapons she was targeting with her bill.

banning all assault weapons and doing a buy back to get them off the streets

Wrong. She HAD the votes for the assault weapon ban. She was referring to confiscating ALL guns when she said that she "didn't have the votes".

Wrong. She HAD the votes for the assault weapon ban. She was referring to confiscating ALL guns when she said that she "didn't have the votes".
Oh really... then if she had the votes what did she mean when she said this to congress....

“If I had my way, I would ban the possession of assault weapons anywhere in the United States of America, but there were not going to be the votes for that,”

Oh really... then if she had the votes what did she mean when she said this to congress....

“If I had my way, I would ban the possession of assault weapons anywhere in the United States of America, but there were not going to be the votes for that,”

I don't know what she said to Congress. I know what she said in the interview that I shared.

The fact of the matter is that Democrats DO want to take all of our guns. If that's not true, why then is it nearly impossible to obtain a conceal-carry permit in jurisdictions where Democrats hold power?

Has any legal gun owner ever shot you, shot at you, pointed a gun at you, or forced you to shoot a gun? If not, what are you so upset about? Those people you're so mad at just stopped a massacre in a church. Without them, more would have died. Yet you continue to be angry at peaceful, law abiding citizens.

A legal gun owner lived next door to me. He shot a bullet through is patio door and into the common parking area of our community. A few weeks later, because the cops didn't take his gun, he shot himself.

Those shitheads in Texas didn't stop that guy before he killed two people.... if no one had guns, no one would have died.

In some places like NYC the laws make it time consuming to own a firearm, as well as too expensive for most people.

You can't claim X% doesn't own something when large areas of the country have laws designed to make ownership as onerous as possible.

Also, not owning one doesn't mean people want to give up the right to own one. Just because I have never needed or used my right to a trial by jury doesn't mean I want to get rid of said right.

Again, most people are sick of putting up with the gun nuts and their nonsense.

Not to worry, once we sue the gun industry out of existence, no one will be there to fix up your fetish.

Those shitheads in Texas didn't stop that guy before he killed two people.... if no one had guns, no one would have died.

Hey, shit-for-brains, someone who wants to kill a lot of people can just steal or rent a truck.

Forum List

Back