Di Bruno Bros. revokes free lunch offer for Cops

The problem this business will discover with pandering is simply not giving LE a free lunch won't be enough. Doing this will only encourage employees to push further and start refusing to serve LE.

That should be their right, should it not?
The problem this business will discover with pandering is simply not giving LE a free lunch won't be enough. Doing this will only encourage employees to push further and start refusing to serve LE.

That should be the employees right? No.

The statement was a "business" will decide to not serve someone. I asked whether or not that should be their right.

No idea where your statement is coming from.

No I said the decision will lead to "encourage employees to push further and start refusing to serve LE."
If someone does deny a cop service the owner has grounds to fire them.

Di Bruno Bros. in Philadelphia offered free lunches to police officers. After employees whined and complained the offer was revoked. Good luck if they should ever need a cop.

Philly police union president: Cops will boycott Di Bruno Bros. after shop revokes free lunch offer
It seems like boycotting a place you didn't spend money at anyway isn't really going to have much of an impact.

Lemme guess, you've never owned a business.
I am an owner of a business.

The point stands.

My mistake, I meant a real business.

The statement was a "business" will decide to not serve someone. I asked whether or not that should be their right.

The lunch option was revoked due to the employees whining, Kitty's post referred to employees pushing further, but now you have no idea....what a shock.

What I replied to was a general statement about what business will do.

If a business doesn't want to serve someone, that should be their right, right?

Yes a business should have a right to discriminate against LE, although I doubt they would be in business very long.

Di Bruno Bros. in Philadelphia offered free lunches to police officers. After employees whined and complained the offer was revoked. Good luck if they should ever need a cop.

Philly police union president: Cops will boycott Di Bruno Bros. after shop revokes free lunch offer

I am amazed at how someone like yourself are unable to understand how bad something like this make the police look.

You are arguing that unless they can get a free lunch they will refuse to do their job. I fully support police reform but I won't even go this low.

Its not a matter of "refusing to do their job".

But a matter that the police aren't hanging out in your joint, they will have to be paged from somewhere else if something does happen. Telling the police to "Fuck off" and "Don't come here" is no way to get them to hang out there.

Maybe they can get the local La Cosa Nostra soldiers to hang out in their joint for protection?
Why would anyone in there right mind want a bunch of cops hanging around?

A lot of police officers are great guys. When you are hanging out with them, a lot of times you can get the details.

Sometimes you hear about "police brutality", but when you hear how the suspect accused the officer's father of Buggery, you can understand why he beat the suspect to the fullest extent allowed by law

Cops think they are too good to pay for the food?
There is an argument to be made for that. And for big ticket businesses to give discounts to them and some other government employees and not to private workers. However, we are talking about a group of people telling a business it can not do that. That particular store may not be able to leave. But this raises alarms for larger ones. Get out of Dodge. The headaches are not worth it. You don't have to say anything, just make a slow withdrawal for the future is bleak in these areas.

It seems like boycotting a place you didn't spend money at anyway isn't really going to have much of an impact.

Lemme guess, you've never owned a business.
I am an owner of a business.

The point stands.

My mistake, I meant a real business.
Yes, a real business.

What business were these cops protecting from this elderly man?

I am amazed at how someone like yourself are unable to understand how bad something like this make the police look.

You are arguing that unless they can get a free lunch they will refuse to do their job. I fully support police reform but I won't even go this low.

But a matter that the police aren't hanging out in your joint, they will have to be paged from somewhere else if something does happen. Telling the police to "Fuck off" and "Don't come here" is no way to get them to hang out there.

Maybe they can get the local La Cosa Nostra soldiers to hang out in their joint for protection?

A lot of police officers are great guys. When you are hanging out with them, a lot of times you can get the details.

Sometimes you hear about "police brutality", but when you hear how the suspect accused the officer's father of Buggery, you can understand why he beat the suspect to the fullest extent allowed by law

"but when you hear how the suspect accused the officer's father of Buggery, you can understand why he beat the suspect to the fullest extent allowed by law"

Actually I dont understand why a professional would get triggered and beat someone. Are you saying cops have the mentality of a 16 year old?

Im concerned about the extent the law allows cops to beat people. I’m also concerned about people who enjoy beating others.

Im concerned about the extent the law allows cops to beat people. I’m also concerned about people who enjoy beating others.

They psychological profile for a good cop needs to change immediately.

The lunch option was revoked due to the employees whining, Kitty's post referred to employees pushing further, but now you have no idea....what a shock.

Yes a business should have a right to discriminate against LE, although I doubt they would be in business very long.
There's no discrimination. Although, it seemed to me the Philly cops really did go out of their way to have good community relations. I didn't think there was the active hostility from the cops as was seen in DC. I'm curious. I'll check. But, it's pretty obvious the nexis of the protests was police brutality, and then Trump's response

I guess that kind of kills the few bad apples claim.

So why the bitching?

Cops shouldn’t cry about not getting free coffee, and at the same time, a private store owner should be able to give free shit to whomever they want to.

It's not that......the Policemen understand that they are not entitled to free anything.....this is more about publicly taking back the offer to poke at them and defame them.....that is the real point and the reasons the Police Union is taking that position. The United States police force is like a second army....the globalists understand this and are aiming to take it out.

Once we destroy our police force all we have left is the Military and they will not be allowed to protect us from invading criminals should the police be unavailable. It's really that simple.

JO
I am 59 and have never needed a cop.

Sure you have......they have saved your ass again and again without your knowledge you dumbass.

Do you question the need for a foundation under your house simply because it isn't falling right in front of you?

Holy shit man......what happened to your brain?

JO

The likelyhood of the polce having any such effect on your neighboorhood is very very low

Police enforce order not protect and serve.

They ahve no obligation to protect, google it

You're a lot more likely to have pigs fuck your shit up than save you in most of the country. And where it's not true, in very violent neighborhoods, they'll shit all over your rights so they're not exactly heroes there eitehr.

40% domestic violence rate. In most american neighborhoods they're the most criminal mother fuckers around

That's called assault. You can't beat someone for that reason with immunity. If someone else does it, off to jail they go.

I'm sure everyone has their own opinion as to the psychological profile that a police officer should have.

But really, does it make a difference? It isn't like there are a lot of people willing to do the job. As long as applicants seem reasonable, they should be able to get a job.

Biden is right that we need some community standards. I'm still convinced that the vast maj of cops are good guys trying to protect people. But it's also clear that a cop gets fired for reports of abuse in one place, and he gets hired right back by another cop force. And riot control is not really an everday skill these guys use. Thank god

I'm sure everyone has their own opinion as to the psychological profile that a police officer should have.

But really, does it make a difference? It isn't like there are a lot of people willing to do the job. As long as applicants seem reasonable, they should be able to get a job.
Uuh yeah it makes a difference. If you are by nature an aggressive authoritarian your odds of abusing your power skyrocket.

Applicants chucked out of one force for behavior can get easily picked up in another jurisdiction. Their union can protect them from having any record of misbehavior.

Biden is right that we need some community standards. I'm still convinced that the vast maj of cops are good guys trying to protect people. But it's also clear that a cop gets fired for reports of abuse in one place, and he gets hired right back by another cop force. And riot control is not really an everday skill these guys use. Thank god
I think the existence of a fund to pay victims of police brutality that amount to millions every year in most major cities is an indicator of just how few and far between these good cops are.

Sometimes police officers don't get along well with one segment of the population or another. But if they move to new jurisdiction where that demographic doesn't exist- why not hire them?

Forum List

Back