Di Bruno Bros. revokes free lunch offer for Cops

Di Bruno Bros. in Philadelphia offered free lunches to police officers. After employees whined and complained the offer was revoked. Good luck if they should ever need a cop.

Philly police union president: Cops will boycott Di Bruno Bros. after shop revokes free lunch offer

I am amazed at how someone like yourself are unable to understand how bad something like this make the police look.

You are arguing that unless they can get a free lunch they will refuse to do their job. I fully support police reform but I won't even go this low.

Its not a matter of "refusing to do their job".

But a matter that the police aren't hanging out in your joint, they will have to be paged from somewhere else if something does happen. Telling the police to "Fuck off" and "Don't come here" is no way to get them to hang out there.

Maybe they can get the local La Cosa Nostra soldiers to hang out in their joint for protection?

They get paid to hang out there? No matter where you go here, you only make the police look even worse.

The problem this business will discover with pandering is simply not giving LE a free lunch won't be enough. Doing this will only encourage employees to push further and start refusing to serve LE.

That should be their right, should it not?

The problem this business will discover with pandering is simply not giving LE a free lunch won't be enough. Doing this will only encourage employees to push further and start refusing to serve LE.

That should be the employees right? No.

The statement was a "business" will decide to not serve someone. I asked whether or not that should be their right.

No idea where your statement is coming from.

The statement was a "business" will decide to not serve someone. I asked whether or not that should be their right.

The lunch option was revoked due to the employees whining, Kitty's post referred to employees pushing further, but now you have no idea....what a shock.

If I had a restaurant, I would definitely offer free meals to cops.

They are the only defense between me and some very, very, very bad people.

No I said the decision will lead to "encourage employees to push further and start refusing to serve LE."

The lunch option was revoked due to the employees whining, Kitty's post referred to employees pushing further, but now you have no idea....what a shock.

What I replied to was a general statement about what business will do.

If a business doesn't want to serve someone, that should be their right, right?

So when people get fired for making racist statement by calling an Asian or Black person why do yo get upset?
Di Bruno Bros. in Philadelphia offered free lunches to police officers. After employees whined and complained the offer was revoked. Good luck if they should ever need a cop.

Philly police union president: Cops will boycott Di Bruno Bros. after shop revokes free lunch offer

I am amazed at how someone like yourself are unable to understand how bad something like this make the police look.

You are arguing that unless they can get a free lunch they will refuse to do their job. I fully support police reform but I won't even go this low.
They make the police sound like the mafia or something.

Its not a matter of "refusing to do their job".

But a matter that the police aren't hanging out in your joint, they will have to be paged from somewhere else if something does happen. Telling the police to "Fuck off" and "Don't come here" is no way to get them to hang out there.

Maybe they can get the local La Cosa Nostra soldiers to hang out in their joint for protection?
Why would anyone in there right mind want a bunch of cops hanging around?

So when people get fired for making racist statement by calling an Asian or Black person why do yo get upset?

They make the police sound like the mafia or something.

I get upset at that? WTF.

Restaurants and convenience stores offer police free lunches, coffee, donuts, and such because they want them to "show the flag" so to speak in their establishments. After watching them murder someone they may not want them around as much.

Sure, since there are a couple of bad cops, lets trash all of them....brilliant.
There's a couple of bad protestors, so the police roll in with riot gear and beat the shit out of everyone. Brilliant!

Restaurants and convenience stores offer police free lunches, coffee, donuts, and such because they want them to "show the flag" so to speak in their establishments. After watching them murder someone they may not want them around as much.

Sure, since there are a couple of bad cops, lets trash all of them....brilliant.
Theres a who lot more than a couple. They havent all been caught on video yet.

It seems like boycotting a place you didn't spend money at anyway isn't really going to have much of an impact.

Lemme guess, you've never owned a business.

It seems like boycotting a place you didn't spend money at anyway isn't really going to have much of an impact.

Lemme guess, you've never owned a business.
I am an owner of a business.

The point stands.

They didn't "trash" anybody. They stopped giving away free stuff.

if they ANNOUNCED IT---publicly----it was a politic move -----a kiss on the ass of the looting "protesters"
What?

They announced a policy change publicly?

Here?

In America?

How horrible!!

its not horrible----it is unnecessary unless they sought
RECOGNITION-----do you announce the dime you put
in the charity box?
Not the same thing. Many folks in these cities are not gonna wanna run into cops if they go out to eat. This lets them know they probably won't.
I know I would never go to some place crawling with cops. Thats fucking asking for trouble.

Forum List

Back