DeSantis will NOT bend the knee to Trump: Florida Gov. says backing ex-president for 2024 now 'is too much' after trump calls him "Dull DeSantis"

Trump is a counter puncher

in most cases trump did not throw the first stone

which is why this latest lib smear offers no video as irrefutable proof of wrongdoing
Bullshit, he started trashing his opponents personally from the outset.

That may be your impression

in most cases trump is merely responding to them, but often with a harder punch

thats been his style as far nack as the fued with Rosie O’Donnell

the problem is that libs can dish it out but they cant take it

Trump trashed EVERYONE from the outset, but the rubes only cheered. Including when he was trashing other Republicans. But they hooted and hollered in glee, because he is the living expression of their rage and paranoia, so everything he said was just fine for them. No big deal. Then, when people respond, he's the victim. Poor him. He didn't do nuffin'.

Such is life in a cult.

If he wants to be successful, he better run, not walk...away from trump. It worked for Youngkin....
He's clearly positioning himself as the #1 option to Trump, in case (a) Trump implodes legally, which is doubtful, or (b) the voters decide he is Trumpy enough but not as buffoonish and embarrassing.

It certainly seems to be working. And he's certainly following Trump's template of speaking to, and behaving for, the rube base exclusively.

Trump trashed EVERYONE from the outset, but the rubes only cheered. Including when he was trashing other Republicans. But they hooted and hollered in glee, because he is the living expression of their rage and paranoia, so everything he said was just fine for them. No big deal. Then, when people respond, he's the victim. Poor him. He didn't do nuffin'.

Such is life in a cult.

You're the cult Mac. Notice YOU post about Trump way more than anyone else here

He's clearly positioning himself as the #1 option to Trump, in case (a) Trump implodes legally, which is doubtful, or (b) the voters decide he is Trumpy enough but not as buffoonish and embarrassing.

It certainly seems to be working. And he's certainly following Trump's template of speaking to, and behaving for, the rube base exclusively.
People need to pull their heads out of their rears and think about what's best for the country and the party rather than worshipping individuals as though they are the right hand of God.

All politicians are nothing but a vessel carrying a message, none of them have a "right" to any office.

We went through a bloody war to rid our country of royalty but people in both parties get hooked into supporting candidates as though they were royals.

Trump was the better alternative for republicans than either Hillary or Biden but he was probably the only Republican running in 2020 that Biden could beat and of course he did.

People need to pull their heads out of their rears and think about what's best for the country and the party rather than worshipping individuals as though they are the right hand of God.
Such is the nature of our political system, which rewards and incentivizes tribal, destructive behavior in both parties.

Unless We the People choose to fix the system, this probably continues.

iyZSzem.jpg

It's almost as if they've given up waiting for Jesus to return and have chosen to sell their soul to a deity on Earth.

It's certainly tough to figure.

Nope. Just the cartoon characters you play with in your head, Mac

It's almost as if they've given up waiting for Jesus to return and have chosen to sell their soul to a deity on Earth.

It's certainly tough to figure.
I wanted mightily to vote for anyone but Biden or Hillary but I could not swallow my own principles to vote for Trump.

I said before he was elected that he would be the worst thing for the republican party and by the end of his first term be the most hated president in the last century at least.

Mind you, I did agree with him on most of what he did, probably 85% policy wise but a brash, braggard and bully isn't what the country needed or needs, we need someone that can lower the heat of the rhetoric and bring this country back together before it's too late.

Trump is simply incapable of being that person even if he was right on 100% of the issues.

I wanted mightily to vote for anyone but Biden or Hillary but I could not swallow my own principles to vote for Trump.

I said before he was elected that he would be the worst thing for the republican party and by the end of his first term be the most hated president in the last century at least.

Mind you, I did agree with him on most of what he did, probably 85% policy wise but a brash, braggard and bully isn't what the country needed or needs, we need someone that can lower the heat of the rhetoric and bring this country back together before it's too late.

Trump is simply incapable of being that person even if he was right on 100% of the issues.
Yeah, I'll always resent the GOP for having to vote for Dems in 2016 and 2020. Third party is far more attractive, given how shitty the "major" choices have become.

But I'll always resent them MORE for making me question, even if just a little, my lifelong manic advocacy for Freedom of Expression. It hasn't changed, but watching what MAGA media has done to 40% of this country sure has pushed me somewhat. That's even worse for me than this orange stain we're seeing.

Yeah, I'll always resent the GOP for having to vote for Dems in 2016 and 2020. Third party is far more attractive, given how shitty the "major" choices have become.

But I'll always resent them MORE for making me question, even if just a little, my lifelong manic advocacy for Freedom of Expression. It hasn't changed, but watching what MAGA media has done to 40% of this country sure has pushed me somewhat. That's even worse for me than this orange stain we're seeing.
It was inevitable, extremism breeds extremism. Durying the Obama years the country became more divided than it had been since the late sixties/early seventies because of the radical swings left with things like Obamacare, Gay Marriage, the War on our own fossil fuel industry billions to democrat donor "green energy companies" and on and on.

Folks on the right were so incensed they were primed for an extremist to rise to run against his successor and of course Hillary was herself such a radical departure it made it even worse.

That's what really worries me about 2024, I don't know that a calm, presidential, soft spoken, thinking conservative will be able to get past all the assaults.

Another Trump win means four more years of an ever growing desperate divide in the nation and I don't see how we survive that.

It was inevitable, extremism breeds extremism. Durying the Obama years the country became more divided than it had been since the late sixties/early seventies because of the radical swings left with things like Obamacare, Gay Marriage, the War on our own fossil fuel industry billions to democrat donor "green energy companies" and on and on.

Folks on the right were so incensed they were primed for an extremist to rise to run against his successor and of course Hillary was herself such a radical departure it made it even worse.

That's what really worries me about 2024, I don't know that a calm, presidential, soft spoken, thinking conservative will be able to get past all the assaults.

Another Trump win means four more years of an ever growing desperate divide in the nation and I don't see how we survive that.
Yeah. It appears this will get worse before it gets better. The only thing I see possibly working is if enough high profile, high popularity individuals step up and say "enough". And given the nature of our celebrity-driven culture, it would probably need to come from more corners than just politics. Entertainment, sports, business.

A republic doesn't maintain itself in this condition. And it appears that a few are just fine with that fact.

Yeah. It appears this will get worse before it gets better. The only thing I see possibly working is if enough high profile, high popularity individuals step up and say "enough". And given the nature of our celebrity-driven culture, it would probably need to come from more corners than just politics. Entertainment, sports, business.

A republic doesn't maintain itself in this condition. And it appears that a few are just fine with that fact.
Unfortunately I think it's a lot more than just a few.

Should be interesting. Unless something changes pretty soon, Trump can be counted to unload on DeSantis with his standard silly eight-year-old-bully-in-the-schoolyard attacks, so we'll see how DeSantis responds.

DeSantis has already staked out a position to the right of Trump on vaccines, and his temperament isn't nearly as, uh, insane. So maybe he's banking on Trump being damaged legal goods by the time 2024 rolls around.
Funny, all I see is the LIB/communist standard eight year old bully in the schoolyard attacks by making up Rumors to get who they don't like. So we will see how Trump and Desantis respond--------pretty sure it is to say that as usual the libs are full of shit and lying trying to play head games with the useful idiots.

And Again Surada with her/his usual out of the ass nonsense------Trump is just a typical New Yorker---
Nope. He's not a typical New Yorker. He's a dyslexic bully who was grossly neglected by his mother and pushed by his slum lord father. The military academy he attended was not one of the better ones in NY.

Forum List

Back