- Sep 17, 2021
- Reaction score
- Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis is refusing to bend a knee to Donald Trump and says backing him in the 2024 election 'is too much to ask'
- The governor, a once-loyal member of trump's court, has criticized Trump to his inner circle as the ex-president continued to take aim at him
- Trump is said to have been trashing DeSantis in private, calling the Florida governor an ingrate with a 'dull personality'
- DeSantis reportedly blasted back at Trump's criticisms, accusing him of being 'uncharacteristically out of step with the hard-line elements of his party's base'
- He also said his biggest regret in office is not having 'been much louder' in speaking out against Trump's coronavirus pandemic response
- The two are among the most popular Republican figures in the country as Trump and potentially DeSantis eye a presidential run in 2024
- Conservatives also say the pair are 'the two most important leaders in the Republican Party'
DeSantis, a once-loyal member of Trump's court, told his inner circle that backing Trump is 'too much to ask'. He also said his biggest regret was not standing up to Trump's pandemic restrictions.
Will trump let Dull DeSantis run in 2024?