DeSantis overtakes Trump as the 2024 presidential nominee Republicans prefer, new YouGov poll says

DigitalDrifter

Diamond Member
Feb 22, 2013
Oregon
Hope it sticks!

• More Republicans say they would prefer DeSantis to be their 2024 nominee over Trump.
  • The finding, taken days after the midterms, is a reversal of previous polls that put Trump ahead.
  • After the GOP's lackluster midterm election results, Trump has received criticism from within the party.

Donald Trump ensured he was on the ballot Tuesday night as the self-described "king of endorsements." But he apparently wasn't a kingmaker.

So far, Americans have dealt devastating blows to his brand by rejecting key candidates in closely-contested races. Rather than a so-called "red wave," results were still unclear on Wednesday. Republicans are likely to win control of the House but the Senate is still in play for both parties.

Former reality TV star Mehmet Oz was one of Trump's picks who could have helped Republicans hang onto a Senate seat in Pennsylvania, but he lost to Democrat John Fetterman. Republicans hoped retired Army General Don Bolduc, another Trump endorsee, could have flipped a Senate seat in New Hampshire. Democratic Sen. Maggie Hassan won re-election.

Republican Herschel Walker, meanwhile, will fight on through a Georgia runoff. In a win for Trump, author JD Vance heads to the Senate from Ohio.

The legally challenged, twice-impeached former president put great effort into continuing to rebrand the Republican Party, making more than 250 general election endorsements, according to Ballotpedia. He is expected to formally announce his own candidacy soon.

True to form, Trump began the night by already trying to craft an exit strategy from the torrent of criticism he may face for his role in the GOP's struggles. "I think if they win, I should get all the credit, and if they lose, I should not be blamed at all," Trump told NewsNation during an interview on Tuesday.

Hope it sticks!

• More Republicans say they would prefer DeSantis to be their 2024 nominee over Trump.
  • The finding, taken days after the midterms, is a reversal of previous polls that put Trump ahead.
  • After the GOP's lackluster midterm election results, Trump has received criticism from within the party.

I didnt vote for Ron Desantis to be Governor for two years, but four. If he runs in 2024, i will make sure how displeased i will be.

A poll created right after the resounding victory of a sitting republican governor in the mid terms vs another republican who was the former president? WTF did you expect? What happened to the polls among democrats who are worried about the mental capacity of the freaking POTUS?

Hope it sticks!

YouGov?

How about we have something called primaries and ask the voters.

Like the witch Hillary said....."What difference does it make?"

Trump or DeSantis ..... the Rats will steal it.
this is not a surprise, im sure that over half of us normal people are preferring DeSantis over Trump. and one of many reasons are Trumps age. we all know that a young DeSantis will be our savior for at least 8 years, then followed by President Sarah Palin {lol}

I'm looking forward to them punching the snot out of each other.

This Republican civil war is going to be one of the best ever.

Hope it sticks!

If it does hold, all it means is that the democrats will shift their hate to another person, and we'll go through the same stupidity all over again. It's all they have.

Hope it sticks!

It won’t help. DeSantes like the rest of the rest of the gop are
anti science, women and immigration Reform. He’s just a more presentable version of Trump.

It won’t help. DeSantes like the rest of the rest of the gop are
anti science, women and immigration Reform. He’s just a more presentable version of Trump.
Wow, that's a steaming load.

And yet 7 days later this poll comes out showing Trump dominating:

Forum List

Back