Dershowitz: ‘You Cannot Charge a President With Obstruction for Exercising His Constitutional Power’

you claimed that there was precedent to charge a president with obstruction for firing an appointee and said Nixon was the precedent you lied.

poor insane lying twit

where did I ever say he was charged, you lying loon?. and this is precedent:

again.... this time with feeling....

"On June 17, 1972, and prior thereto, agents of the Committee for the Re-election of the President committed unlawful entry of the headquarters of the Democratic National Committee in Washington, District of Columbia, for the purpose of securing political intelligence. Subsequent thereto, Richard M. Nixon, using the powers of his high office, engaged personally and through his close subordinates and agents, in a course of conduct or plan designed to delay, impede, and obstruct the investigation of such illegal entry; to cover up, conceal and protect those responsible; and to conceal the existence and scope of other unlawful covert activities"

Watergate Articles Of Impeachment
Be specific and shown in the article where ANY of that has to do with firing ANYONE dumb ass. And again you can not have it both ways either Nixon was accused or he wasn't which is it?
Nixon was going to be impeached for obstructing justice. I provided the relevant conversation above. It has remarkable similarities to the Trump-Comey fiasco.

Comey was fired because he would not stop the investigation after being asked to stop by Trump.

As for firings, I take it you have never heard of the Saturday Night Massacre?
And yet you can not provide a single statement made by congress threatening to impeach Nixon for firing anyone, go figure.
Dude, I gave you a giant clue.

The Saturday Night Massacre is what turned popular opinion and Congress against Nixon. For the first time, a majority of Americans supported Nixon's impeachment as a direct result of the Massacre.

The Saturday Night Massacre was the basis for Article I of the Articles of Impeachment against Nixon.

You should not dive into matters of which you know nothing.

I quoted article 1 for him..... he kept ranting and raving. :cuckoo:

You can't charge a President with Obstruction of Justice or Obstruction of an Official Investigation while the President is seated.....

BUT YOU CAN charge them with Obstruction of Justice or Abuse of Power in an Impeachment and impeachment trial..... that's a FACT, JACK!
If congress has the votes, they can charge the president with abuse of power for getting to eat two scoops of ice cream when everyone else only got one scoop in an impeachment trial. That is a fact Jacklyn!
no denying that here! in fact, our founders purposely set up impeachment as a political process of removal and not a criminal justice process...
Thank you. You're absolutely correct. The foundering fathers understood there would be a need for a mechanism for charging and removing a president for crimes. With the constitutional powers and responsibilities of the president, it would be almost impossible to charge and try him in a criminal court. Trump's lawyer has already brought up one possible barrier and there would be many more.

Mueller, as special council could lay the charges before the House. The Judiciary Committee would considered the charges then present them to the members. If the members felt the charges had merit they would vote for a bill of impeachment. The bill would then be sent to the Senate for trial.

While impeachment looks and feels a whole lot like a legal or judicial process, in practice impeachment is dominated by politics from start to finish. Legal technicalities, emotion appeals, and issues totally unrelated to the charges can be introduced. The Chief Justice of the Supreme Court presides over the trial but his position is far different than criminal judges. He generally makes only procedural rulings and any of his rulings can be overridden by the Senators. If 67 Senators for whatever reason decide the president is guilty, he's toast and there is no appeal.

you claimed that there was precedent to charge a president with obstruction for firing an appointee and said Nixon was the precedent you lied.

poor insane lying twit

"On June 17, 1972, and prior thereto, agents of the Committee for the Re-election of the President committed unlawful entry of the headquarters of the Democratic National Committee in Washington, District of Columbia, for the purpose of securing political intelligence. Subsequent thereto, Richard M. Nixon, using the powers of his high office, engaged personally and through his close subordinates and agents, in a course of conduct or plan designed to delay, impede, and obstruct the investigation of such illegal entry; to cover up, conceal and protect those responsible; and to conceal the existence and scope of other unlawful covert activities"

Be specific and shown in the article where ANY of that has to do with firing ANYONE dumb ass. And again you can not have it both ways either Nixon was accused or he wasn't which is it?
Nixon was going to be impeached for obstructing justice. I provided the relevant conversation above. It has remarkable similarities to the Trump-Comey fiasco.

Comey was fired because he would not stop the investigation after being asked to stop by Trump.

And yet you can not provide a single statement made by congress threatening to impeach Nixon for firing anyone, go figure.

The Saturday Night Massacre is what turned popular opinion and Congress against Nixon. For the first time, a majority of Americans supported Nixon's impeachment as a direct result of the Massacre.

The Saturday Night Massacre was the basis for Article I of the Articles of Impeachment against Nixon.

And yet you can not link nor quote any such text go figure.

poor insane lying twit

I quoted article 1 for him..... he kept ranting and raving. :cuckoo:
Nothing you quoted said ANYTHING about Nixon firing anyone retard. I mean you insist you are a lawyer yet can not even get the most basic principles of the law down.

This is for all the forum idiots who think Mueller can charge Trump with obstruction of justice:

Monday on Fox News Channel’s “Fox & Friends,” Harvard law professor Alan Dershowitz batted down the merit of obstruction of justice charges aimed at President Donald Trump for what he said was exercising his constitutional power and authority regarding the firing of then-FBI Director James Comey and instructing the Department of Justice what to and not to investigate.

“If Congress were to ever charge him with obstruction of justice for exercising his constitutional authority under Article 2, we’d have a constitutional crisis,” he explained. “You cannot charge a president with obstruction of justice for exercising his constitutional power to fire Comey and his constitutional authority to tell the Justice Department who to investigate, who not to investigate. That’s what Thomas Jefferson did. That’s what Lincoln did. That’s what Roosevelt did. We have precedents that clearly establish that.”

The President doesn't has any control over any investigation of impeachment. But there is no evidence of any wrong doing for impeachment. They had to have solid evidence to start a impeachment process. But they claims that there's enough smoke to start one. But I don't see any smoke at all accept for the smoke that is coming from their bottoms. What Flynn had done was after the election, not during it. And the text was not pertaining to Russia. And what Manafort done was way before the President decided to run for the office. It is up to Session to stop the investigation if there is no evidence of Pres.Trump violating the Logan act. Only thing that Mueller supposedly be investigating is why Obama didn't do anything about Manafort dealings with the Russians? All of that was done under his watch. But he watched for years, Pres.Trump and his family while they were eating and bathing themselves.

It looks like Obama did spy on Trump, just as he apparently did to me
“ no evidence of wrong doing.”
Lol

I don't know, it's hard for me to see any Trump ties to Russia, except for the Flynn thing,

and the Manafort thing,

And the Tillerson thing,

and the Sessions thing,

and the Kushner thing,

and the Carter page thing,

and the Roger Stone thing

and the Felix Sater thing,

and the Boris Epshteyn thing,

and the Rosneft thing,

and the Gazprom thing,

and the Sergey Gorkov thing,

and the Azerbaijan thing,

and the Donald Trump Jr. thing,

and the Sergey Kislyak thing,

and the Russian Affiliated Interests thing,

and the Russian Business Interests thing,

and the Emoluments clause thing,

and the Alex Schnaider thing,

and the DNC hack thing,

and the Guccifer 2.0 thing,

and the Mike Pence "I don't know anything" thing,

and the Russian mysteriously dying thing,

and the Trump's public request to hack Hillary's email thing,

and the Trump's house sale for $100 million at the bottom of the housing bust to the Russian fertilizer King thing,

and the Russian Fertilizer King's plane showing up in Concord, NC during Trump rally campaign thing,

and the Nuñes sudden flight to the White House in the night thing,

and the Nuñes personal investments in the Russian winery thing,

and the Cypress bank thing,

and the Trump not releasing his tax returns thing,

and the Republican party's rejection of an amendment to require Trump to show his taxes thing,

and the election hacking thing,

and the GOP platform change to the Ukraine thing,

and the Steele Dossier thing,

and the Leninist Bannon thing,

and the Sally Yates can't testify thing,

and the intelligence community's investigative reports thing,

and the Trump's constant reassurance that the Russian connection is all "fake news" thing,

So there's probably nothing there since the swamp has been drained, these people would never lie and all of this must be normal, just a bunch of separate dots with absolutely no connection.
Oh, good. You have found grounds for impeachment. So they need to stop the investigations and get on with the court proceedings. And so when is the next hearing to impeach the President? I'm glad that you have found evidence. That there has been a lot of tax dollars being spent on these investigations. OOOOoo I'm dying to sees the President's impeachment trial. And so, i'm waiting....

tumblr_mzg0tiGmBt1ra3xlqo1_500.gif

no one lied except you.

now go take your meds

and then re-read my post, psycho boy Dershowitz: ‘You Cannot Charge a President With Obstruction for Exercising His Constitutional Power’

poor insane lying twit

Let's see... We already know that Trump fired Comey. Why hasn't Trump been impeached yet?
Because there is much much more to find out...a good poker player does not show his hand.

This investigation on the Russians, interference in our election and Social Media, and Russian money laundering is bigger than President Trump... it does not end with Trump.., he's a byproduct imo, and maybe even unwittingly....just don't know yet

poor insane lying twit

Let's see... We already know that Trump fired Comey. Why hasn't Trump been impeached yet?
Because there is much much more to find out...a good poker player does not show his hand.

This investigation on the Russians, interference in our election and Social Media, and Russian money laundering is bigger than President Trump... it does not end with Trump.., he's a byproduct imo, and maybe even unwittingly....just don't know yet
Or perhaps because there is nowhere enough to convince congress to impeach trump. Were articles of impeachment tabled this week?

Proposal to impeach Trump tabled in the House - CNNPolitics

Last edited:
poor insane lying twit

Or perhaps because there is nowhere enough to convince congress to impeach trump. Were articles of impeachment tabled this week?

do you really believe that when the head of the house investigatory committee engages in a bizarre surreptitious effort to create evidence that they're on the up and up?

poor insane lying twit

that's premature. although....

The case for normalizing impeachment

poor insane lying twit

Any talk about impeachment, at least at this point, is premature, though as said previously. an impeachment is a political process and not one held to a criminal standard by the criminal Justice System imo....

It took 2 yrs investigating before Nixon drafted Articles of Impeachment were done...

It took 4 yrs of investigations with kenneth Starr, before Clinton was impeached.

So, this is truly, at a beginning stage and there are already 4 felony indictments/ guilty pleas.

Tricky Dick, and Hillary could end up looking like Saints when this is said and done, or....maybe not? :p

Last edited:
You can't charge a President with Obstruction of Justice or Obstruction of an Official Investigation while the President is seated.....

BUT YOU CAN charge them with Obstruction of Justice or Abuse of Power in an Impeachment and impeachment trial..... that's a FACT, JACK!
If congress has the votes, they can charge the president with abuse of power for getting to eat two scoops of ice cream when everyone else only got one scoop in an impeachment trial. That is a fact Jacklyn!
no denying that here! in fact, our founders purposely set up impeachment as a political process of removal and not a criminal justice process...
Thank you. You're absolutely correct. The foundering fathers understood there would be a need for a mechanism for charging and removing a president for crimes. With the constitutional powers and responsibilities of the president, it would be almost impossible to charge and try him in a criminal court. Trump's lawyer has already brought up one possible barrier and there would be many more.

Mueller, as special council could lay the charges before the House. The Judiciary Committee would considered the charges then present them to the members. If the members felt the charges had merit they would vote for a bill of impeachment. The bill would then be sent to the Senate for trial.

While impeachment looks and feels a whole lot like a legal or judicial process, in practice impeachment is dominated by politics from start to finish. Legal technicalities, emotion appeals, and issues totally unrelated to the charges can be introduced. The Chief Justice of the Supreme Court presides over the trial but his position is far different than criminal judges. He generally makes only procedural rulings and any of his rulings can be overridden by the Senators. If 67 Senators for whatever reason decide the president is guilty, he's toast and there is no appeal.

There won't be any charges, numskull. There isn't any "there" there. Dicussions such as these are nothing more than showflake circle jerks about there wet dreams.

Last edited:

Any talk about impeachment, at least at this point, is premature, though as said previously. an impeachment is a political process and not one held to a criminal standard by the criminal Justice System imo....

It took 2 yrs investigating before Nixon drafted Articles of Impeachment were done...

It took 4 yrs of investigations with kenneth Starr, before Clinton was impeached.

So, this is truly, at a beginning stage and there are already 4 felony indictments/ guilty pleas.

Tricky Dick, and Hillary could end up looking like Saints when this is said and done, or....maybe not? :p

This is nothing like Watergate or Clinton's lies about blow jobs. In those cases there was tons of evidence. It was irrefutable in the case of Clinton. There isn't a shred of evidence to support any changes against Trump. None.

poor insane lying twit

In other words, you haven't got jack shit. You want this witch hunt to go on forever.

This is nothing like Watergate or Clinton's lies about blow jobs. In those cases there was tons of evidence. It was irrefutable in the case of Clinton. There isn't a shred of evidence to support any changes against Trump. None.
May I remind you that in merely 6 months time, there have been 4 Felony indictments and guilty pleas so far.... he's actually ahead of other Special Counsel investigations on finding criminal activities and getting plea deals in exchange for information needed to proceed further....

Why are you Trumpettes disparaging the investigation instead of wanting the investigations on the Russians to continue?

What are you afraid of them finding???

Is there SOMETHING to hide?

May I remind you that in merely 6 months time, there have been 4 Felony indictments and guilty pleas so far.... he's actually ahead of other Special Counsel investigations on finding criminal activities and getting plea deals in exchange for information needed to proceed further....

Why are you Trumpettes disparaging the investigation instead of wanting the investigations on the Russians to continue?

None of those indictements have anything to do with "collusion." They are all for process crimes - stuff like lying to the FBI, which Hillary should be in jail for right now.

None of those indictements have anything to do with "collusion." They are all for process crimes - stuff like lying to the FBI, which Hillary should be in jail for right now.
Hillary never lied to the FBI, the FBI specifically said she told the truth for all of their questions in their interrogation of her.

There won't be any charges, numskull. There isn't any "there" there. Dicussions such as these are nothing more than showflake circle jerks about there wet dreams.

^^^^^^^^^^
so desperate, dishonest and delusional.

Hillary never lied to the FBI, the FBI specifically said she told the truth for all of their questions in their interrogation of her.

you realize by now that not a single one of the trumptards has ever let facts get in the way of their spew

you realize by now that not a single one of the trumptards has ever let facts get in the way of their spew
Still waiting for that link and quote to Nixon being considered for impeachment because he fired an appointee.

Forum List

Back