Depression

• Banned
What does "dealing with it" mean to you? Syrenn.

Last edited:
Yes deal with the issue causing this depression flare up.
As I said sometimes depression is normal when lif may really suck for some reason. But do not give in, fight it or you WILL go down.

What does "dealing with it" mean to you?

knowing you are depressed is the first step in "dealing with it"

People who understand they are depressed.... "deal" with it in different ways. The choice on how to "deal" with it is up to them.

I know another forum member who has depression. We usually clash politically but I know that about him.

It's amazing to me how judgmental people are about depression. No one wants to hear about it. The message is "deal with it" and "get out of my face".

Last edited:
No one can fix your depression for you. If you keep looking to others for a cure you will fail.
YOU must fight/work on your depression.
And Pills will not fix it either.

It is good to have ones around you who care for ya ansd support you but continued depresso status will eventually drive the best of friends and such away.

Last edited:
It's amazing to me how judgmental people are about depression. No one wants to hear about it.

just curious...

Are you saying that i am judgmental about it?

There was once a time when depression was quite a stigma of mental illness. I don't think that is the case any more.

It's amazing to me how judgmental people are about depression. No one wants to hear about it.

just curious...

There was once a time when depression was quite a stigma of mental illness. I don't think that is the case any more.

yep however it's increased acceptance came about for the wrong reason.
To sell pills.

It's amazing to me how judgmental people are about depression. No one wants to hear about it. The message is "deal with it" and "get out of my face".

As promised...

That is difference, disagreement, argumentativeness. I say I know that difference of opinion is not a putdown and you don't believe I do. We have a difference of opinion of what I know.

The idea that you know me, and my opinion, better than I know it myself, is a putdown. To say someone doesn't know their own mind is degrading.
That may not have been your intention, but there you have it.

An example of a difference of opinion, and a putdown is this. You support the death penalty. I do not. You say I'm stupid, or an idiot, for not supporting the death penalty. That is an insult mixed in with your difference of opinion.

just curious...

yep however it's increased acceptance came about for the wrong reason.
To sell pills.

it makes no difference how it came to be accepted.... the fact is that it is more acceptable and not something to hide away in the closet as crazy aunt june.

Dealing with it for some is the durg's... and they work out well when the right combination is hit on... It is still a step in the right direction.

Forum List

Back