Depression

With all sincerity and respect, the drugs only stabilize your emotional responses....The cause is still there.

that's what therapy is for. I'm not just popping pills and expecting them to do all the work. :)

that's what therapy is for. I'm not just popping pills and expecting them to do all the work. :)
CBT is good....Hypnosis and/or HMR way better.

The Use of Holographic Memory Resolution® to Improve the Physical and Biopsychosocial Symptoms of Chronic Pain: A Feasibility, Mixed Methods Study​

Antidepressants treat the symptoms, not the cause.....They're also highly addictive, which is great for the PigPharm pushers.

"Depression" doesn't exist in the way that "love" doesn't...I can't borrow from anyone a bucket of them, with the promise that I'll pay back at the end of the month with a barrel of it.

You'll never medicate your way out of chronic patterns of thought.
Exactly.

All these doctors that people trust so much do not know what causes depression. And the real issue here is that the medical idea of what causes depression was invented by the Big Pharma Cartel and since our entire medical industry works as dealers for the cartel these drugs have been foisted on to unwitting people.

I began suffering severe depression following two TBI in the line of duty back in 1989. I have been taking antidepressants and other neuroleptics for the last thirty-five years. Twice I quit them to try life without them. Both times I ended up serving a hitch in a psychiatric hospital. I don't need some ass hat telling me my depression is not real and my prescribed medicines are not needed.

Traumatic brain injury. You do realize that most people on antidepressants do not duffer physical injuries to their brains.

Your situation is actually uncommon.

They even helped my cat, who was peeing outside the litter box when I first got him from the shelter.

I tried different forms of litter. I tried putting multiple boxes around. Neither worked.

My vet suggested Prozac, which is an anti-anxiety med for cats. No change for one week. No change, week 2. Vet said give it six weeks, at least….maybe eight.

Voila! Week seven rolls around, and he stopped doing it! Kept him on it for three months, per the vet’s recommendation, and no problem. Then I started to taper him off. Week one, all good. Week two, still good. Week three, still good. Week four: peed outside the box three times.

Now, are you telling me the drug had a placebo effect on my cat?

(I put him back on it.)

Yeah humans are just like cats and FYI there are other options you could have tried like pheromone diffusers that are proven to reduce stress in cats but you like the drug option

Generally never a good idea to consider any medical advice from someone who calls doctors “quacks”.

Just sayin.

You have placed too much trust in the drug dealers working for the Big Pharma Cartel.

With all sincerity and respect, the drugs only stabilize your emotional responses....The cause is still there.
The drugs actually blunt emotions across the board resulting in anhedonia. Even the things you love to do become less enjoyable

Sunshine, exercise , diet, meditation.

All these things work synergistically and have no long term deleterious side effects.
Empirical medicine and their pharma lords would not profit from that Blues

It was considered holistic witchcraft via AMA a century ago

treat the symptoms, not the cause.....They're also highly addictive, which is great for the PigPharm pushers.

We're a pill poppin' nation, it's our rx for anything and everything

We also suffer a great amount of morbidity and mortality from it, which is NOT always attributed to the 'cure' being worse than the disease....

~S~

Empirical medicine and their pharma lords would not profit from that Blues

It was considered holistic witchcraft via AMA a century ago

We're a pill poppin' nation, it's our rx for anything and everything

We also suffer a great amount of morbidity and mortality from it, which is NOT always attributed to the 'cure' being worse than the disease....

~S~
It's the same reason Doctors do not study nutrition. There is far more money to be made doing bypass surgeries than there is to be made by telling and helping people learn how to eat a diet that will actually reverse heart disease. There's far more money to be made pushing drugs on people with Type 2 diabetes than by teaching them that diet and exercise can reverse it.

But it's also the fault of the patients that have have been conditioned to want a quick fix cure with no effort on their part.

Even when people are told they are going to die they won't change their diets, they won't exercise or quit smoking.

Just look at the people in this thread who refuse to believe the evidence that treatment for depression does not require drugs. They defend their addiction to these quick fixes just like the addict on the street all the while believing that the they are different from that addict

Just look at the people in this thread who refuse to believe the evidence that treatment for depression does not require drugs. They defend their addiction to these quick fixes just like the addict on the street all the while believing that the they are different from that addict

the irony being many 'scripts mimic to healing via basics such as potassium, calcium and magnesium that can be assumed by diet

~S~

Yeah humans are just like cats and FYI there are other options you could have tried like pheromone diffusers that are proven to reduce stress in cats but you like the drug option
Nope. I tried the pherome diffuser also.

And your earlier point was about the placebo effect. Are you saying my cat knew the odorless pill I crumbled into his food was an anti-anxiety pill?

Nope. I tried the pherome diffuser.

And your earlier point was about the placebo effect. Are you saying my cat knew the odorless pill I crumbled into his food was an anti-anxiety pill?

Show the scientific evidence that animals are subject to the placebo effect.

Unless you're trying to tell me your mind is no more complicated than that of a cat.

Show the scientific evidence that animals are subject to the placebo effect.

Unless you're trying to tell me your mind is no more complicated than that of a cat.
You didn’t get what I was saying. Cats are NOT subject to the placebo effect. Yet you said that the reason the other poster felt better was due to the placebo effect. So what explains it with my cat then?

You didn’t get what I was saying. Cats are NOT subject to the placebo effect. Yet you said that the reason the other poster felt better was due to the placebo effect. So what explains it with my cat then?

So what? PEOPLE ARE. That you deny that is you defending drug addiction.

I've taken in rescue animals with real anxiety issues and never needed to drug them to resolve the behaviors

I bet you haven't even considered taking the cat off these drugs have you?

Anxiety in animals is a learned behavior just like it is in people

So what? PEOPLE ARE. That you deny that is you defending drug addiction.

I've taken in rescue animals with real anxiety issues and never needed to drug them to resolve the behaviors

I bet you haven't even considered taking the cat off these drugs have you?

Anxiety in animals is a learned behavior just like it is in people
Wow. You sure do jump to conclusions in your effort to cast me as a drug dealer!

Yes, I DID try to take him off the Prozac. Within three weeks, he went back to peeing all over the house. He’s back on it.

In fact, I suspect that‘s why the poor thing was on the streets in the first place. His previous owner tried the diffusers, and the new litter, and anything else he could think of, but he was opposed to putting him on Prozac, so he kicked him out.

Now with me, he has a loving owner, a wonderful home, another kitty to play with, a steady supply of food, no risk of predators, and he’s stopped peeing on the carpet. I did a mitzvah taking the little fellow in and givimg him a home, so you can stop demeaning me.

Wow. You sure do jump to conclusions in your effort to cast me as a drug dealer!

Yes, I DID try to take him off the Prozac. Within three weeks, he went back to peeing all over the house. He’s back on it.

In fact, I suspect that‘s why the poor thing was on the streets in the first place. His previous owner tried the diffusers, and the new litter, and anything else he could think of, but he was opposed to putting him on Prozac, so he kicked him out.

Now with me, he has a loving owner, a wonderful home, another kitty to play with, a steady supply of food, no risk of predators, and he’s stopped peeing on the carpet. I did a mitzvah taking the little fellow in and givimg him a home, so you can stop demeaning me.

Where did I say that?

I said you are defending drug addiction.

You need to slow down and read what I actually write

Where did I say that?

I said you are defending drug addiction.

You need to slow down and read what I actually write
MY comfort counts too. I cannot spend the next 15 years cleaning up cat pee and having my house stink so bad that people don’t want to visit.

I’ll try to wean him off in three months, only tapering slower this time.

Too bad you disapprove. I think this new stray cat lucked out. The majority do not.

MY comfort counts too. I cannot spend the next 15 years cleaning up cat pee and having my house stink so bad that people don’t want to visit.

I’ll try to wean him off in three months, only tapering slower this time.

Too bad you disapprove. I think this new stray cat lucked out. The majority do not.

See you think a behavioral issue will last 15 years unless you drug an animal for life. Drugs are your solution

Forum List

Back