Dennis Hopper Dead

I always thought it would be fun to have two particluar guys for uncles: Keith Richards and Dennis Hopper.

Sad news.

Thank God Keith is still with us - a most remarkable and beautiful human being.

Dennis was a true paradox - a counter-culture conservative who despised government, while idealistically holding out hope for its true potential.

RIP.

From one of the greatest sports movies ever made, right here in Indiana. Dennis Hopper was nominated for an Acadamy Award for his role as "Shooter"

Everett Flatch: [Shooter is coaching the team at a critical moment after Coach Dale was ejected] You think #22's gonna take their last shot, Dad?

Wilbur 'Shooter' Flatch
: Yeah, probably... they been pickin' low all night. Rade, let yourself get taken out! Uh, Buddy, drop down and take his place! Close that lane!

Wilbur 'Shooter' Flatch: [after Buddy Walker steals the ball] Time! Time!

Wilbur 'Shooter' Flatch: Alright, boys, this is the last shot we got! We're gonna run the picket fence at 'em! Jimmy, you're solo right! Everett, Merle should be open on the other side of that fence! Now, boys, don't get caught watchin' the paint dry!

It's a damn shame that this thread is already 23 posts deep and nobody has yet mentioned Hopper's brief but movie stealing scene from True Romance.

He was the tits.
Never phoned it in.
he was quite a talent, but don't forget that he was a believer in 'pharmacological method' way back in the day. I remember him talking about using drugs to get into character on Inside the Actor's Studio.

It was fortunate that his work in Speed revitalized an otherwise languishing career and gave us some great pieces of work after that for him.

Including the crazed referee Nike commercials. "Choo Choo man!... Choo Choo!"

It's a damn shame that this thread is already 23 posts deep and nobody has yet mentioned Hopper's brief but movie stealing scene from True Romance.

He killed in that movie. Best scene in the movie actually. He made Walken look like a terrible actor imho.

Another movie I thought he did really well in is one not many are familiar with. River's Edge. It was actually the first movie that guy that played Neo in "The Matrix" was ever in.

Hopper played a murderer hiding from the law and losing his mind in his hermitage.

I was in Los Angeles yesterday. Went to Hollywood to the Director's Guild to see a Movie. Went from there to eat, and then to a play. Didn't hear this news at all while I was in La la land. I'm glad I didn't. It would have ruined my day in that wonderful land of Oz.

so long Dennis. :(

dD
:cool:

I always thought it would be fun to have two particluar guys for uncles: Keith Richards and Dennis Hopper.

Sad news.

Dennis was a true paradox - a counter-culture conservative who despised government, while idealistically holding out hope for its true potential.

RIP.

what an idiot you are. counter-culture conservative? :cuckoo:

Sad news.

RIP.

what an idiot you are. counter-culture conservative? :cuckoo:

:rofl: I missed that.

If I'd known Sinatra's posts could be so unintentionally funny I might not habitually scroll past them. :lol:

Language warning, but still... :lol::lol:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iQOwigPw9Cs]YouTube - Dennis Hopper throws a fit[/ame]

RIP to one of the greats! :clap2:

Forum List

Back