Dems to Propose Constitutional Amendment - Electoral College

DGS49

Diamond Member
Apr 12, 2012
Pittsburgh
Colonel,
I couldn't agree more. If they want to change it then take the steps required to do so per the document.

The state legislatures of the smaller states will not vote to pass.

Democrats to introduce constitutional amendment to abolish Electoral College: Report

This is GREAT NEWS! Not that it might pass - that would be ridiculous - but it's GREAT that the Democrats have finally figured out that we have a WRITTEN CONSTITUTION, and that if you want to do things differently, you have to AMEND THE CONSTITUTION, and not just pretend that it doesn't exist!

Hear, hear!

You're just now finding this out?

Ever hear of "Prohibition"? Or is this some kind of April Fool joke?

Will not be ratified, but at least they figured out the proper procedure.

I guess we should be thankful they didn't try to make up words that are not there.

Not the ol' Democratic Abolish the Electoral College temper-tantrum again... ho-hum.

The Founding Fathers saw fit to fashion a bicameral legislature, and the Electoral system reflects that great strength.

The Constitution is not "broke" in this respect, so don't fix it.

--------------

Good luck getting SuperMajorities in both House and Senate, and good luck getting 38 States to ratify, kiddies.

Last edited:
Democrats to introduce constitutional amendment to abolish Electoral College: Report

This is GREAT NEWS! Not that it might pass - that would be ridiculous - but it's GREAT that the Democrats have finally figured out that we have a WRITTEN CONSTITUTION, and that if you want to do things differently, you have to AMEND THE CONSTITUTION, and not just pretend that it doesn't exist!

Hear, hear!

Why even bother? Its not as if the assholes follow the laws anyway.

Look at how they use illegal aliens to vote, push for open borders and want to end the immigration system.

Last edited:
Our nation is like the WWE now. They are passing ff female wrestlers like men. They are not. In fact they have improved immensely but they are barely mid level at best and are being promote as main eventers. WWE used to be worth the price and a good deal. It is not anymore. But people still pay forit. This is us now in competing in everyday living and with the world. And men are being thrown by the wayside. When East Asia takes over you will know.

Hear, hear!

its progress, I just thought they would have the ninth cricut just claim it doesn't exist

upload_2019-4-2_12-57-53.jpeg

I have yet to get an answer from anybody anywhere on where the fuck the Constitution prohibits ex-bartenders from running for office. Perhaps there's a whole section delineating select verboten occupations, to be tapped as needed, visible only with the secret decoder ring.

So entrenched is Da Swamp that unwitting swamp creatures continue to ooze among us staring into space murmuring to themselves that a Congressional Rep needs to be some kind of connected lawyer type. They they go "drain the swamp". Then an ex-bartender does and they go "HEY! Put that swamp back!".
shakehead.gif

You can't say we don't live in interesting times I guess. Especially for psychologists.

Our nation is like the WWE now. They are passing ff female wrestlers like men. They are not. In fact they have improved immensely but they are barely mid level at best and are being promote as main eventers. WWE used to be worth the price and a good deal. It is not anymore. But people still pay forit. This is us now in competing in everyday living and with the world. And men are being thrown by the wayside. When East Asia takes over you will know.
I get it, a girl took your job. Quit crying and act like the man you say you are.

What do you think the odds are this move to abolish the electoral college will vanish if the Democrats win the Presidency in 2020? I think it’s pretty good as then the system will have worked.

Why do the dems bang their heads against the wall? Because it feels so good when they stop? <g> (dumb idea about the EC, it will never happen, and states that vote to have their EC votes use the popular vote don't matter anyway, they are dem plantations)

Hear, hear!

It's about Goddamn Time. The United States is a 21st. Century Nation, electing a leader with an 18th. Century Model.

Forum List

Back