Democrats willing to ignore the courts if they don't get their way! So much for Law and Order

What rights are being violated? The right to health and safety for their people?
The right of the people to make choices and decisions for their own lives and family. School boards and unions do NOT have that power, nor should they.

I agree government needs to but out. If someone wants to wear a mask, fine, if not fine, it's an individual choice.
And Abbot said as much in his reply to this ruling. He stated, and I paraphrase, "Nothing forbids or keeps people from wearing masks if they so choose.

The institution is the school board, who are voted on by the local people to run the local schools. Isn't this where such decisions are properly made. Not by big government taking away their right to run their own schools.
The School board is not an absolute authority or power, or they would be permitted to segregate the kids by race and ensure that the most money is spent on the white kids vs the kids of color.

Or should they have that power over the people as well?

I agree government needs to but out. If someone wants to wear a mask, fine, if not fine, it's an individual choice.
When it comes to public health and safety, there need to be rules, and not left to the individual.

This is no different than putting up traffic lights and traffic signs,, mandating behavior, instead of leaving such decisions to the individual.

Liar or ignorant?

He had court orders to comply with oversight subpoenas. Which he ignored.

Run along now, asshole.
He did NOT ignore them, he challenged them on Separation of Powers. The Democrats withdrew rather than have the fight.

So, you cannot provide an instance in which Trump openly defied and ignored a court order. Yet we now have two instances of the left doing so, and one of them is the highest office of the land.

When it comes to public health and safety, there need to be rules, and not left to the individual.

This is no different than putting up traffic lights and traffic signs,, mandating behavior, instead of leaving such decisions to the individual.
This is NOT a public health issue. Children are in no danger from Covid and that power you speak of resides with the Legislature, not the school board.

The institution is the school board, who are voted on by the local people to run the local schools. Isn't this where such decisions are properly made. Not by big government taking away their right to run their own schools.
In terms of 'local power vs state courts' this is no different than a school board deciding to segregate black and white kids to seperate schools.
There is no right that is violated by mandating behavior for the common good. They can stop somebody from burning trash, or dumping their garbage in the river, as "freedoms" curtailed for such reason.

The Bottom line is that the Texas Supreme Court has ruled and the left thinks they do NOT have to obey the courts.

How would you people feel if Conservatives decided to just ignore the Courts? Honest answers only.

There is no right that is violated by mandating behavior for the common good. They can stop somebody from burning trash, or dumping their garbage in the river, as "freedoms" curtailed for such reason.
Not a School Board nor a Union can do any such thing.

The right of the people to make choices and decisions for their own lives and family. School boards and unions do NOT have that power, nor should they.
Is this like people should have the right to decide if their car is safe to drive?

Your response does not have anything to do with what I said.
Why do you believe a local school board can segregate black and white kids, contrary to court rulings?

Is this like people should have the right to decide if their car is safe to drive?
No, because we don't have school boards and/or Unions telling you that your car must be safe.

Is this like the school board saying it is in public health to segregate children by ethnicity?

And Abbot said as much in his reply to this ruling. He stated, and I paraphrase, "Nothing forbids or keeps people from wearing masks if they so choose.

Should people have the right to chose the speed they drive at? Or whether or not to signal when they change lanes? That sort of freedom?

This is NOT a public health issue. Children are in no danger from Covid and that power you speak of resides with the Legislature, not the school board.
Really. Children are now dying from COVID in greater numbers than before.

Should people have the right to chose the speed they drive at? Or whether or not to signal when they change lanes? That sort of freedom?
So what part of the courts ruled on this don't you understand?

Can we just ignore the courts for our own personal logic?

Really. Children are now dying from COVID in greater numbers than before.
Really, that is not being proven. Children are in no danger from covid.

But answer My last question. The courts decide what liberty we enjoy, not the school boards.

Should people be free to ignore court decisions they disagree with?

Forum List

Back