Democrats will be 100% responsible for a shutdown.

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Republicans are to blame. No, it's the Democrats.
In reality, it is dysfunction Washington and the playing of politics by both parties And again, nothing gets done.
How people can support the GOP/Tea Party or the Democrats just blows my mind, they are all worthless pieces of crap.
Hey folks, the world is passing us by. The US is in decline. Thanks to the childish non-compromising political atmosphere in Washington.

Last edited:
In reality, it is dysfunction Washington and the playing of politics by both parties And again, nothing gets done.
How people can support the GOP/Tea Party or the Democrats just blows my mind, they are all worthless pieces of crap.
Hey folks, the world is passing us by. The US is in decline. Thanks to the childish non-compromising political atmosphere in Washington.

Yep!! But your in a minority view there, unfortunately. Most people are partisan! Which is very illogical, but it is what it is.

Really? What was the vote. Do you have a link? What I saw was a vote to debate the bill, a vote for cloture, a vote to amend the bill to put obama care funding back in, and a vote for the bill that funds obama care. But never a vote in the senate for a bill that defunds obama care. But I'm willing to suspend disbelief. Please link.

We all voted on it. November 6, 2012. The Republicans lost. They've lost 42 times trying to defund Obamacare.

Know why the Republicans will be blamed for a government shutdown? Because the American people recognize a poor loser when they see one... whether it's the guy who doesn't shake hands after a softball game or the Tea Party.

Why should anyone shake the hand of a traitor to our country? Sore looser? You have no idea what is in store for you. We are gonna rock your world. You are gonna have to work for a living for a change. Enjoy your freebies now cause this shit's coming due.

:eusa_eh:
What else can one say here, except that these ideas originate in your own wanton concoctions, or in a drunken dream?

From The Keys, pg. 326 of Luther's Works, Vol. 40

The past is prologue or something like that….

They are forcing it in the hopes that the gop gets the blame and they cake walk back into control of the house. Party over country.....

The degree to which the GOP fucked up, is directly proportional to their desire to share credit/blame with the Democrats.

Etymologically speaker, ignore is a component of ignorance. It takes willful ignorance to ignore who said, "I will shut down the government," and who then proceeded to shut down the government.

The degree to which the GOP fucked up, is directly proportional to their desire to share credit/blame with the Democrats.

Etymologically speak[ing], ignore is a component of ignorance. It takes willful ignorance to ignore who said, "I will shut down the government," and who then proceeded to shut down the government.

Don't be silly, JM. Taking Honest Don literally is ill-advised. That has been in Honest Don's instruction manual for more than two years now.

Etymologically speak[ing], ignore is a component of ignorance. It takes willful ignorance to ignore who said, "I will shut down the government," and who then proceeded to shut down the government.

Don't be silly, JM. Taking Honest Don literally is ill-advised. That has been in Honest Don's instruction manual for more than two years now.

You'd think I would have learned from the Muslim ban that wasn't a Muslim ban.

Or #1 to #44 ruefully admitting to Honest Don, they should have built the wall, for that matter.

Or #1 to #44 ruefully admitting to Honest Don, they should have built the wall, for that matter.

Trump is truthy, alright.

He said Mamie Eisenhower was a tigress between the sheets.

Arguably, there is nothing more damaging to discourse than the urge of some to blame both sides, and then resolve the "solution" would be to "compromise" with the lunatic on the other side of the aisle, and to ignore his perennial spluttering apoplexy along with the bundle of otherworldly conspiracy theories he promulgates. They then even try to sell that as the stance of the adults in the room, and common sense.

SMH.

They are forcing it in the hopes that the gop gets the blame and they cake walk back into control of the house. Party over country.....

Etymologically speaker, ignore is a component of ignorance. It takes willful ignorance to ignore who said, "I will shut down the government," and who then proceeded to shut down the government.

That is absolutely correct. However, if Trump lets both sides know he feels that strongly about the wall, it's not just on him if the Left refuses to consider a compromise.

That is absolutely correct. However, if Trump lets both sides know he feels that strongly about the wall, it's not just on him if the Left refuses to consider a compromise.

Trump is one side. Specifically, he's the side that said, "If we don't get what we want, one way or another, I will shut down the government."

Trump is one side. Specifically, he's the side that said, "If we don't get what we want, one way or another, I will shut down the government."

And Pelosi/Schumer is the other side. For there to be compromise, both sides must be open to agreement.

The democrats are open to compromise. For example, they will probably only impeach Trump for 6 or 7 charges, instead of the 25 or more charges they could make.

In your demonic tRump kissing dreams. To bow to your tyrant in chief's effort to extort money from the taxpayer for a deranged iron curtain, would be equivalent to negotiating with a tyrant and a terrorist; a terrible reflection on Democracy.

That's well put. But... but, who in this administration has the spine and stature to explain to this overgrown baby that it not getting what it wants is not the definition of a national emergency.

That's well put. But... but, who in this administration has the spine and stature to explain to this overgrown baby that it not getting what it wants is not the definition of a national emergency.

Nobody.

Nobody.
I dont think that's true.

It's more like....they try, they fail, they resign.

Some of the folks whove had the courage to put their principles over their partisan daddy worship of Trump have stood up to him behind closed doors - and then gave up when they realized he has an adolescent's cognitive faculties.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back