Democrats Want To Raise Federal Gas Tax

You RWI's have a problem paying Taxes.
Yes you DO> talking point.

Do you people NOT make enough money?
Or is that you don't want to pay your fair share.
/——/ higher taxes hurt the poor you pretend to care about. Define fair share.

Taxes are high enough already

but the federal government spends too much

You do realize that the state taxes you are quoting are first of all an average of blue and red states. Red states are lower with better roads then blue states.
Part of the problem with raising fuel taxes is it does not take into consideration those who are using roadways with electric vehicles that are not paying for the upkeep of the roads they are using. So if you want to talk about not supporting America talk to those buying electric vehicles and using roadways without helping to maintain them.
Maybe we should tax Tesla drivers more. Lol

You do realize that the state taxes you are quoting are first of all an average of blue and red states. Red states are lower with better roads then blue states.
Part of the problem with raising fuel taxes is it does not take into consideration those who are using roadways with electric vehicles that are not paying for the upkeep of the roads they are using. So if you want to talk about not supporting America talk to those buying electric vehicles and using roadways without helping to maintain them.
the roads are crappy in red states as well as blue states, the US have crappy roads.

Nothing could be further from the truth.
/----/ Democrats been there - done that. Try and keep up Penelope.

New California Gas Tax Hike Takes Effect, Drivers Now ...

https://losangeles.cbslocal.com › 2021 › 07 › 01 › new-california-gas-tax-hike-takes-effect-drivers-now-paying-over-51-cents-per-gallon-in-state-taxes
The new tax will increase the price of regular by six-tenths of a cent, which will bring the state gas excise tax to 51.1 cents per gallon. The tax on diesel will increase by four-tenths of a cent ...

/----/ Democrats been there - done that. Try and keep up Penelope.

New California Gas Tax Hike Takes Effect, Drivers Now ...

https://losangeles.cbslocal.com › 2021 › 07 › 01 › new-california-gas-tax-hike-takes-effect-drivers-now-paying-over-51-cents-per-gallon-in-state-taxes
The new tax will increase the price of regular by six-tenths of a cent, which will bring the state gas excise tax to 51.1 cents per gallon. The tax on diesel will increase by four-tenths of a cent ...
the states are in charge of the gas tax hikes. The Federal Gov has not raised the tax since 1994, and there (FederaL)isn't a plan to raise the tax on gasoline.

Winco said he is a millionaire? Another idiot with 3 homes and 4 yachts who eschews capitalism?! :auiqs.jpg:
For whom the world is just not enough, so he gets his real fulfillment spending his days slaying RWNJ's in a two-bit internet board.

Last edited:
You represent the RWI very well.
Congrats.
I remember Clinton sitting on the desk in a video to spewing the general population...."Before I ask you to contribute....." Between the no cookie baker Hillary and that it almost destroyed his Presidency which would not have happened if Perot did not run. But the 1994 Republican revolution saved his ass. Even with that Perot had to run again in 1996 to make sure Dole of all people would not be President.

This idea has floated around for years, I can't believe they haven't come up with a solution until now.

It's in Biden's infrastructure bill.

August 6 2021
Nestled inside the 2,702-page text is Section 13002, titled "National motor vehicle per-mile user fee pilot." That pretty much covers the meat and potatoes of this section's purpose: piloting a program that would tax drivers based on their annual mileage rather than at the pump.

The idea behind this tax isn't without merit. The federal fuel tax has remained stagnant at 18.4 cents per gallon since 1993, and it hasn't been adjusted to account for more fuel-efficient vehicles, nor for inflation, which would place the tax at around 34 cents per gallon today. As alternatively powered vehicles like electric cars make up more of what's on the road today, drivers of fossil-fueled cars will pay an unproportionate amount of taxes to use the same asphalt.
First of all it is not implemented nor is it likely to be. Second most taxes go into the general fund which means that the increased tax I would pay would most likely go into some democrat spending plan thatI do not agree with, such as flying illegal aliens around the country.
So no I am not in favor of taxes being raised because I do not want to pay for more democrat spending while others pay less or non.

Yup, Democrats love to raise taxes

Fake news.

The article does not list a single Dem that is proposing this, it is based on an article from Reason magazine

No, i don’t make enough money…i want more

Yes, i don’t like paying taxes. I like keeping as much of the money i earn as possible. I especially don’t like my money being takin and spent unwisely…which Govt more often then not does

What’s my “fair share” what percentage of my work is fair to give away to the govt?

the roads are crappy in red states as well as blue states, the US have crappy roads.
Have you been in states like Wyoming and California? I can assure you California which has a much higher state tax are a lot worse.

Forum List

Back