Democrats Trying to Outlaw Right To Work Laws

How about we just change federal law so that nonunion workers no longer are covered by labor contracts. Then rtw will no longer be needed.
That would create two classes of employee. One class, of union represented workers, with a grievance procedure available to them. And the other that have to take their cases to court.

The difference in both the time and cost to resolve such disputes would make it impossible for non-union workers.

It is pathetic that Unions are not making grounds on their own in this environment. During a freaking LABOR Shortage, they can't grow themselves?
You show complete ignorance in economics.

When there is a labor shortage, the employee has the advantage over the employer. Able to demand higher wages, more benefits, and additional compensations.

When there is an excess in employment, that's when people would join unions, since that's when the employer has the advantage over the employee, and can demand lower wages, fewer benefits, and lay off employees at will.

How about we just change federal law so that nonunion workers no longer are covered by labor contracts. Then rtw will no longer be needed.
Federal law already says that non-union workers are not covered by labor contracts. IOW, the union does not have to represent them in any labor dispute, but my understanding is that they do it anyway, maybe to lure those non-union guys into the union.

Federal law already says that non-union workers are not covered by labor contracts. IOW, the union does not have to represent them in any labor dispute, but my understanding is that they do it anyway, maybe to lure those non-union guys into the union.
Wrong

You have a right to be represented by your union fairly, in good faith, and without discrimination.

Your union has the duty to represent all employees - whether members of the union or not - fairly, in good faith, and without discrimination. This duty applies to virtually every action that a union may take in dealing with an employer as your representative, including collective bargaining, handling grievances, and operating exclusive hiring halls.

Some nutcase evangelical preacher telling them not to vaccinate does NOT qualify as "their faith says..." Who does qualify for a religious exemption beside Christian Scientists?
Sure it can....The Supreme Court has said that religious beliefs are personal and it does not matter whether they are in accord with the teachings and dictates of a particular faith.

Sure it can....The Supreme Court has said that religious beliefs are personal and it does not matter whether they are in accord with the teachings and dictates of a particular faith.
The supreme court also upheld just the opposite. That even solidly established tenets of a religion weren't protected when it came to use of drugs, like peyote or marijuana.

Cool....I never said they were.
Christian scientists have long standing opposition to vaccinations, yet they yield to the public good. It's others that are pushing the anti-vaccination movement in the name of religion.

The supreme court also upheld just the opposite. That even solidly established tenets of a religion weren't protected when it came to use of drugs, like peyote or marijuana.
when did they hold the opposite.

Sure they said laws against drugs didn't violate the free exercise clause of the first amendment....because they were neutral, not motivated by a desire to interfere with religion and of general applicability to all individual.

what law are you suggesting? Are you suggesting Congress pass a law requiring vaccinations?

Christian scientists have long standing opposition to vaccinations, yet they yield to the public good. It's others that are pushing the anti-vaccination movement in the name of religion.
Cool...I never mentioned the Christian Scientist

Half of the reason our industrial base ended up in China is that republicans really desperately wanted to break the political power of Labor. Was it worth it?
Unions are dying because people now have a choice to join in so many states.

Why do you oppose choice when ever that choice doesn’t kill a baby?

Unions were supported by democrats while management was supported by republicans. Somehow big business having unopposed political power is better? Maybe if you are a billionaire. Didn't work out so well for the rest of us. Just how far back towards the mill system of the 1880s do we have to go before we need unions again?
Glad you admit we don’t need unions.

Sure they said laws against drugs didn't violate the free exercise clause of the first amendment....because they were neutral, not motivated by a desire to interfere with religion and of general applicability to all individual.
Except a law that violates free exercise by any group, has to be overturned.

It's no different than other "neutral" laws shown to discriminate

Cool...I never mentioned the Christian Scientist
They are one of the few who have a legitimate objection in the name of religion.

The others are using "religion" as an excuse, without any foundation, knowing the USSC takes the stand that they won't analyze the basis of a religious claim. In short, they won't question the legitimacy of the interpretation the person claims his religion says.

They are one of the few who have a legitimate objection in the name of religion.

The others are using "religion" as an excuse, without any foundation, knowing the USSC takes the stand that they won't analyze the basis of a religious claim. In short, they won't question the legitimacy of the interpretation the person claims his religion says.
frankly i don’t think you have a right to tell people if their religion is legit or not. Quite selfish of you

22 states have them and the Dems want to pass a Federal law to ban them. This would mean, if it passes, every worker in America would be forced to join a union in every shop which has one. Ya. the good ole dems don't like freedom of choice at all. I was in a union for 6 years, but I quit because the union kept giving my dues money to Bill Clinton, who I was vehemently opposed to. I wrote the union President about it and I never even got an answer.,

Right to work...like the right of businesses to fire someone if they refuse to get vaccinated?

frankly i don’t think you have a right to tell people if their religion is legit or not. Quite selfish of you

That's double edged sword. It allows a David Koresh to claim that machine guns are a tenet of his religion, and thus protected from government action.

Forum List

Back