Democrats to propose legislation expanding the Supreme Court

I saw this a few minutes ago on Fox tv. What do you think?

foxnews.com

So...it must be true huh? :)
Wait, don't tell me, let me guess, Tucker?? :auiqs.jpg:
Shannon Bream actually someone who has actual journalistic and legal credentials.

Shannon Beam isjust another Fox News bottled blonde. I think we had one as press secretary. :)
You righties like her because she's good looking. She looks like you. And thinks like you. You can relate to her.
Now, what she actually presents on her show, is a different matter. And in that manner, she's just another right wing talking parrot.

No different then Rachel Maddow is for the left. The two sides are no different.

Justice Stephen Breyer is warning Democrats against “packing” the Supreme Court as a way to undo the current conservative majority.

Breyer, the longest-serving of three Democrat-nominated justices, aired his views shortly before President Biden on Friday announced a 36-member commission to study the issue.

Breyer, 82, denounced the idea during a webcast lecture for Harvard Law School on Thursday, saying that it could undermine “the trust that the court has gradually built.”

“What I’m trying to do is to make those whose instincts may favor important structural change or other similar institutional changes such as forms of court packing to think long and hard before they embody those changes in law,” Breyer said.

It is going to undermine the trust. No term limits on SCOTUS either. Stop politicizing the damn courts. you are doing damage that can't be repaired.
I only disagree with him on term limits. Their needs to be a retirement age. People love power too much.
There is a reason they are appointed for life.
Yes, and requiring them to retire at a reasonable age, say 78, doesn't interfere with those reasons.

Justice Stephen Breyer is warning Democrats against “packing” the Supreme Court as a way to undo the current conservative majority.

Breyer, the longest-serving of three Democrat-nominated justices, aired his views shortly before President Biden on Friday announced a 36-member commission to study the issue.

Breyer, 82, denounced the idea during a webcast lecture for Harvard Law School on Thursday, saying that it could undermine “the trust that the court has gradually built.”

“What I’m trying to do is to make those whose instincts may favor important structural change or other similar institutional changes such as forms of court packing to think long and hard before they embody those changes in law,” Breyer said.

It is going to undermine the trust. No term limits on SCOTUS either. Stop politicizing the damn courts. you are doing damage that can't be repaired.
I only disagree with him on term limits. Their needs to be a retirement age. People love power too much.
So staff can do their work when they reach the Joe Biden mental capacity?

There is a reason people retire. Except politicians cant let go of the political power they hold.

Turn them loose at 80
No. They know when they need to retire. They have historically made that decision when appropriate. This is being used as a weapon to politicize the court.
As if it wasn't already.

Yes, and requiring them to retire at a reasonable age, say 78, doesn't interfere with those reasons.
But, we don't need that do we unless it's to make you feel better. We haven't needed that in the past.

There is a reason people retire. Except politicians cant let go of the political power they hold.

Turn them loose at 80
No. They know when they need to retire. They have historically made that decision when appropriate. This is being used as a weapon to politicize the court.
As if it wasn't already.

You knew better. You played that game anyway. Right?

If there minds are still sharp and there health is good, I see no reason for them to retire. Ginsberg was sick and battled a terminal disease, she should have retired however she was motivated to stay for the wrong reasons.

I don't think she was for the wrong reasons. I can guarantee you that these very same people on this board that are all for it now under B**** would be flipping out something fierce if Trump was asking for the study. I promise you that.

Turn them loose at 80
As if it wasn't already.

What game is that?

Let's play Jeopardy

A: New York University School of Law professor and former White House Counsel to Barack Obama.
Q: Who is Bob Bauer?

1618485921039.png

Liberals Should Not Pack the Courts - The Atlantic
Okay this one is yours:

A: He was recently named to co-chair President Biden's Commission on the Supreme Court.
Q: Who is _______________

Anyone? Anyone?

Turn them loose at 80
As if it wasn't already.

What game is that?

The politicizing the court game.

The game where you have an irrational melt down over nominees.

If there minds are still sharp and there health is good, I see no reason for them to retire. Ginsberg was sick and battled a terminal disease, she should have retired however she was motivated to stay for the wrong reasons.
Fine, term limits aren't something I care about, but I can understand the reasoning, I guess. A lot of the right are bitterly complaining that President Biden is senile, that RBG was senile, that others do their work, so I guess it's an issue for some people.

It is a study group, and it will most likely conclude some smaller adjustments; such as require the Senate to bring forth the President's nominee within the 30 days of nomination, taking away turtle's abuse of power; all records to be brought forth taking away the power of the Judicial Committee leader to cherry pick said records.

I would be for this not expansion of the SC.
MAGA

Turn them loose at 80
As if it wasn't already.

What game is that?

Show me where I did that. I'm usually the one being mocked for saying the justices try to be nonpartisan.

Turn them loose at 80
As if it wasn't already.

What game is that?

Show me where I did that. I'm usually the one being mocked for saying the justices try to be nonpartisan.

Sure. Let me drop everything and go through your posts so that I can identify where you have accused Kavanaugh of being heavily partisan in a rant indicating he was incapable of being non-partisan.........as if Kavanaugh happened in a vacuum. Ima jump right on that.

Turn them loose at 80
No. They know when they need to retire.

Turn them loose at 80
As if it wasn't already.

What game is that?

Sure. Let me drop everything and go through your posts so that I can identify where you have accused Kavanaugh of being heavily partisan in a rant indicating he was incapable of being non-partisan.........as if Kavanaugh happened in a vacuum. Ima jump right on that.
I did accuse him of that. I was in no way hysterical about it though, and until he went on that crying jag, I didn't see any reason not to nominate him, and that's the truth.

This has been a pretty good thread so far. Why ruin it by getting personal and not even accurate about it? You are better than that.

Turn them loose at 80

Turn them loose at 80
As if it wasn't already.

What game is that?

I did accuse him of that. I was in no way hysterical about it though, and until he went on that crying jag, I didn't see any reason not to nominate him, and that's the truth.

This has been a pretty good thread so far. Why ruin it by getting personal and not even accurate about it? You are better than that.
No. You don't.

If there minds are still sharp and there health is good, I see no reason for them to retire.
That is a lot of power to place in the hands of one person

its no different than term limits for the president

the reason presidents are limited has nothing to do with age or how sharp their brain is, but rather the danger of abusing their power

Turn them loose at 80

Turn them loose at 80
As if it wasn't already.

What game is that?

No. You don't.
Go hump someone else's leg, bitch. Guess I made a mistake respecting you as an intelligent poster. Lights out.

Turn them loose at 80

Turn them loose at 80
As if it wasn't already.

What game is that?

No. You don't.
Go hump someone else's leg, bitch. Guess I made a mistake respecting you as an intelligent poster. Lights out.
Fuck off.

New Topics

Forum List

Back