Democrats mislabel Graham’s proposal as abortion ban, allows exceptions for rape, incest, mother's life after 15 weeks

I'm not entirely sure about that. I know Thomas & Alito both believe strongly in states' rights, but the opinions expressed were that abortion law should be enacted by the representatives of the people and not by the Court. They did not specify that it be the state legislatures, but only the elected representatives of the people.
Exactly.

But timing is everything, and Graham doing this now stinks to high heaven.

That's a very strange position for pro-life Republicans.

Pro lifers believe the fetus is a baby, a human being. To kill the fetus is murder.

But, according to Graham and many other Republicans, it is okay to commit murder within the time limit, six weeks, 12 weeks, 15 weeks.

What a strange position for Republicans to take. They also believe that the government should be in control of a pregnant woman's health, also odd, What's next, government decides on election results?
Some very good points.

Graham thinks taking away a woman's right to choose in all 50 States is best. But that means in Red States also. Hasn't the GOP pissed off enough middle class women voters already? No wonder McConnell rolled his eyes.
There is no such “right” to “take away.”

No. That was never a right and could never be a right. It violates an actual human right.

People? I mean I dunno, can we really consider bloodthirsty pro-aborts “people?”
The coming election will be an indication of what happens when politicians don't consider women in their decisions about abortion.

The coming election will be an indication of what happens when politicians don't consider women in their decisions about abortion.
When I vote for politicians I want them to consider women, sure, and I also want them to consider the inhuman monsters who kill their own kids who belong behind bars.

We won’t charitably call these things “women.”

Of course they mislabeled it....That's what lying asshole progs do.

But Graham and McTurtle know this....The bill was dropped at this point in time to damage as many GOP Senate candidates as possible...Those scheming little fucks don't want to be in the majority.
So you understand how damaging the abortion issue is for the GOP?

About time. Will that change anything the GOP is doing?

Nope

The Court does not act on its own in these things. It rules on court cases that those who have standing bring before it. So it could be a very long time, if the U.S. Congress passed a universal abortion law of whatever nature, before anyone with standing managed to get a case before the high court.
It’s always that way. Cases take some time to go through only one court. But when you add on the totality of the appellate process, it drags on. Still, I believe that the court which shut down any federal effort on abortion “rights.”

That's a very strange position for pro-life Republicans.

Pro lifers believe the fetus is a baby, a human being. To kill the fetus is murder.

But, according to Graham and many other Republicans, it is okay to commit murder within the time limit, six weeks, 12 weeks, 15 weeks.

What a strange position for Republicans to take. They also believe that the government should be in control of a pregnant woman's health, also odd, What's next, government decides on election results?
Nonsense. We deal with what is before us.

An effort to seek a little middle ground would still serve to limit abortions. Is it a bit of a contradiction to say that the conception occasioned by a rape is not also an innocent life? I suppose it is. Same with the child of incest or the child of a minor female. But the alternative would be horrendous.

The good news is: it is no longer a federal concern.

Graham thinks taking away a woman's right to choose in all 50 States is best. But that means in Red States also. Hasn't the GOP pissed off enough middle class women voters already? No wonder McConnell rolled his eyes.
Lot of stepping back on the hard core stuff, Graham pretty much useless except for running his mouth.

Of course they mislabeled it....That's what lying asshole progs do.

But Graham and McTurtle know this....The bill was dropped at this point in time to damage as many GOP Senate candidates as possible...Those scheming little fucks don't want to be in the majority.
why would they not want to be in the majority?

and the 3 exceptions make it almost a nullity.. might as well not even bother, it seems

Graham would be ok without women. He doesn't have a desire for them, either.
so?

are u implying that makes him abnormal?

meanwhile, America has a 50% divorce rate.. then people after divorce marry someone else and that ends in divorce.. broken families, kids messed up

at least Lindsey G had the sense not to go THERE

so?

meanwhile, America has a 50% divorce rate.. then people after divorce marry someone else and that ends in divorce.. broken families, kids messed up

He's a foo foo that likes men. Get it?

It’s always that way. Cases take some time to go through only one court. But when you add on the totality of the appellate process, it drags on. Still, I believe that the court which shut down any federal effort on abortion “rights.”
Maybe. Time will tell. But the House and Senate are both putting suggested legislation out there.

so?

No. Lindsey is one of trump's top ass kissers. That's what makes him abnormal.

What? Democrats lie?

"Democrats have reiterated that they’re not willing to negotiate their stance on abortion. On Wednesday, Democrat lawmakers came after Senator Lindsey Graham’s (R-S.C.) proposed federal abortion law.

The proposed Bill is an attempt to bridge a political divide on the subject by allowing abortions up to 15-weeks past the point of conception nationwide. The Bill allows exceptions to the time limit for cases of rape, incest and pregnancies that put the mother’s life in jeopardy.

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) accused Graham of trying to outlaw the procedure while she was speaking out against the idea of each state deciding their own policy on the matter."
Sorry but the bill it doesn't allow abortions up until 15 weeks... It bans them afterwards...

Now if he prosed a bill which guarantees all women can get one until 15 weeks and then have a federal ban after that with exceptions, that would be interesting. But that is not what he offered...

Forum List

Back