Democrats have been lying about DeSantis & what he did with Disney

You don't get to keep your special tax status when you are committing harm against the people of FL by spreading demafacist propaganda.

Actually you do. Despite all his bluster, in the end they did not take it away

DeSantis could never come up with a plausible reason for doing this but did it anyway.
There are plenty of good reasons to do it. But none of them are the reasons he did it. He did it because they openly opposed his policy agenda. So, in retribution, he fucked with them. It's the kind of thing Republicans would be howling about if a Democrat did it.

But Republicans sold their souls, and their principles, to fight the "culture wars".

Actually you do. Despite all his bluster, in the end they did not take it away
what the f are you talking about?

How (and why) Gov. Ron DeSantis took control over Disney World's special district​

Updated February 28, 202311:51 AM ET

Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis signed a bill on Monday to take control of municipal services and development for the special zone encompassing Walt Disney World. The move deals a major blow to the company's ability to operate with autonomy

I'm not a Democrat, but what I'm disturbed by is the open use of tax policy to fuck with political opponents. D or R, that's despotic, authoritarian government and I could never vote for someone who endorsed it.

Cue the impotent denials ....

I think it was time to right a wrong. Disney should have never been allowed to be their own government.

I am a retired Environmental Engineer that worked in Central Florida for decades. I know a lot of the professional employees working at Disney World including members of their Environmental staff. In fact the guy running the program for several decades is a very good friend of mine.

Disney used being their own government to circumvent adhering to Environmental and Safety laws that everybody else in the state has to adhere to. That is not right.

It was time for somebody to put an end to it. Kudos to DeSantis for doing the right thing.

what the f are you talking about?

How (and why) Gov. Ron DeSantis took control over Disney World's special district​

Updated February 28, 202311:51 AM ET

Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis signed a bill on Monday to take control of municipal services and development for the special zone encompassing Walt Disney World. The move deals a major blow to the company's ability to operate with autonomy

If the special tax district was taken away, how could DeSantis now sit on the board of it?

The compelling reason is that Disney should have never got that sweetheart deal in the first place.

So you agree with me. No corporation should be its own government. Then DeSantis did the right thing.

Other tourists attractions in other parts of Florida take risk when they make capital expenditures but they don't get to be their own government. Walt took a much bigger risk when he built Disneyland in Anaheim and he didn't get to be his own government.

DeSantis righted a wrong. I know you little pathetic snowflakes like to whine and cry about the reason DeSantis used to do what should have been done decades earlier or never done in the first place but things like that happen.

I suspect the reasons behind this move was a lot more than DeSantis being pissed about the queer shit. It was more likely somebody was not getting the right amount of payoff. For all we know the Democrats in Orange County were not getting their kickbacks. Maybe it was DeSantis telling the Disney shitheads that were on the wrong side and need to support the Republicans more. Who knows what goes on behind closed doors with politics? It is a powerful club and we aren't in it.

Disney were idiots playing the cards the way they did. Liberals aren't very smart, are they?
The contribution Disney has made towards making Florida what it is today cannot be understated. A million millionaires sprang from their investment. To be treated with such contempt is so far outside what it used to mean to be conservative that it's rightly placed in the fascism category. Local autonomy used to be a strong conservative position but even that is under attack everywhere here. If this stuff is what you want then call yourself something else because "conservative" no longer applies to what is going on here.

Dude, read the damn article. The special district is still there, nothing changed in regards to taxes. All that changed is that the Gov of the state now has more say in what can be built.

It is a hollow victory and one you all might regret when there is a Dem Gov
hahahh of course it's change, the State runs it now...hence why the Gov is on the board...geez man

hhahah the law gave the Govt the power, that's why he is on the board of it.

Did the tax situation change?

Did the specials tax district get taken away?

But it is good to see you be so giddy about the Govt having power over a private company. That is right up your alley

The contribution Disney has made towards making Florida what it is today cannot be understated. A million millionaires sprang from their investment. To be treated with such contempt is so far outside what it used to mean to be conservative that it's rightly placed in the fascism category. Local autonomy used to be a strong conservative position but even that is under attack everywhere here. If this stuff is what you want then call yourself something else because "conservative" no longer applies to what is going on here.
There is no other place in the US where a corporation is its own government. Certainly not here in Florida.

Since you are confused let me give you an example of what it means being their own government.

Florida has wetland districts. The districts are charged with protecting the state's waters and wild life.

To get permission to disturb a wetland it is a significant permitting process. I know because as an Environmental Engineer in Florida it was my job to get those permits. A very costly endeavor. Most of the time it took a lot of money to adhere to the requirements including costly mitigation.

Reedy Creek was its own water management district run by Disney executives. They didn't have to do jackshit. If they wanted to destroy a wildlife habitat in order to put in a Dumbo ride then nothing was going to stop them.

If they want to build a highway so some out of state shithead could drive to an idiotic playground they didn't have to do an environmental assessment like everyone else in the state has to do. They could destroy anything they wanted to.

As a real Environmental professional that knows what goes on there I can tell you without a doubt that Disney did a lot of damage to environment here in Central Florida.

You Libtards are really confused about this. I thought you shitheads didn't like corporations being their own government and being able to destroy the environment for profit without any accountability.

I think it was time to right a wrong. Disney should have never been allowed to be their own government.
Why was it "time"? Why not years ago? The answer: Disney dared to defy DeSantis. That's the only fucking reasons. It's the same reason he's pushing HB 991. He's a petty twat, and Trumpsters love a petty twat.

Retaliatory government is shit government.

There is no other place in the US where a corporation is its own government. Certainly not here in Florida.

Since you are confused let me give you an example of what it means being their own government.

Florida has wetland districts. The districts are charged with protecting the state's waters and wild life.

To get permission to disturb a wetland it is a significant permitting process. I know because as an Environmental Engineer in Florida it was my job to get those permits. A very costly endeavor. Most of the time it took a lot of money to adhere to the requirements including costly mitigation.

Reedy Creek was its own water management district run by Disney executives. They didn't have to do jackshit. If they wanted to destroy a wildlife habitat in order to put in a Dumbo ride then nothing was going to stop them.

If they want to build a highway so some out of state shithead could drive to an idiotic playground they didn't have to do an environmental assessment like everyone else in the state has to do. They could destroy anything they wanted to.

As a real Environmental professional that knows what goes on there I can tell you without a doubt that Disney did a lot of damage to environment here in Central Florida.

You Libtards are really confused about this. I thought you shitheads didn't like corporations being their own government and being able to destroy the environment for profit without any accountability.
I know all that, I live in a wetland and build houses here. My problem with this is in why it was done. They made it abundantly clear it was done for political revenge.

Forum List

Back