Democrats have been lying about DeSantis & what he did with Disney

nomadic5

Platinum Member
Nov 28, 2022
I knew they were lying even before reading this article, but I had to go fetch it and read it so as to refute the interminable BS from the left.

They (and I include some posters here) made it seem like DeSantis was being a BAD Republican because Rs, as everyone knows, want businesses to have freedom (blah blah blah) but here was DeSantis taking Disney's freedom -- getting the state to have some control over that business. What a crock. They just say that to try to get Rs in their corner.

Disney was not paying their fair share of taxes (for one).

***Mod Note: What article are you referring to? You need to include it in this post.***

Last edited by a moderator:
I knew they were lying even before reading this article, but I had to go fetch it and read it so as to refute the interminable BS from the left.

They (and I include some posters here) made it seem like DeSantis was being a BAD Republican because Rs, as everyone knows, want businesses to have freedom (blah blah blah) but here was DeSantis taking Disney's freedom -- getting the state to have some control over that business. What a crock. They just say that to try to get Rs in their corner.

DeSantis could never come up with a plausible reason for doing this but did it anyway. We all know why he did it and that's what makes it a bunch of fascistic fuckery. Local autonomy is a thing of the past in Florida as well as businesses feeling like they can safely lobby the state government not to do something that might cost them business.

What article are you talking about? Post a link

DeSantis went after Disney specifically because they spoke out against his agenda.

It doesn't matter what he decided to do, using government for political revenge is bad.

DeSantis went after Disney specifically because they spoke out against his agenda.

It doesn't matter what he decided to do, using government for political revenge is bad.
Disney lied, they actively spread a false narrative and propaganda that the demafascist were pushing.

You don't get to keep your special tax status when you are committing harm against the people of FL by spreading demafacist propaganda.

Disney lied, they actively spread a false narrative and propaganda that the demafascist were pushing.

You don't get to keep your special tax status when you are committing harm against the people of FL by spreading demafacist propaganda.
And what about those outrageous prices during such hard economic times?

Disgusting.

How greedy and rich can you be?

Big Oil? How about, Big Disney. They are making more money than ever now and all at YOUR expense.

DeSantis could never come up with a plausible reason for doing this but did it anyway. We all know why he did it and that's what makes it a bunch of fascistic fuckery. Local autonomy is a thing of the past in Florida as well as businesses feeling like they can safely lobby the state government not to do something that might cost them business.

All he did is start treating Disney like every other business in the state. It should have happened a long time ago, but previous governors were corrupt.

All he did is start treating Disney like every other business in the state. It should have happened a long time ago, but previous governors were corrupt.
Na, politicians are not corrupt, they are just misunderstood.

:auiqs.jpg:

There were two reasons.

First, Disney is an asshole Moon Bat company that promoted woke shit in opposition to the laws passed by the Legislature of the State of Florida. They need to learn to keep their Hollywood Limousine Libtard mouths shut about queer shit.

Second, Disney enjoy rights and privileges that no other company in Florida (and probably the US) got. They were their own fucking government. Regardless of them being filthy ass woke shitheads that special treatment needed to end.

They fucked with the wrong governor.

The bill passed and signed by DeSantis did three things that were needed:

1. Reedy Creek Development is now run by state appointees, not Disney executives.

2. Disney is now legally responsible for its own municipal debt.

3. The Sate and Counties can now directly tax Disney for the impact they have on infrastructure.

All good things that should have been done decades ago.

In addition, now that the first responders at Reedy Creek are now State employees DeSantis gave them a big raise because Disney, being the Libtard assholes they are, underpaid the employees.

At the bill signing all the First Responders were all standing behind DeSantis and cheering him.

Fuck woke Disney.

Last edited:
There were two reasons.

First, Disney is an asshole Moon Bat company that promoted woke shit in opposition to the laws passed by the Legislature of the State of Florida. They need to learn to keep their Hollywood Limousine Libtard mouths shut about queer shit.

Second, Disney enjoy rights and privileges that no other company in Florida (and probably the US) got. They were their own fucking government. Regardless of them being filthy ass woke shitheads that special treatment needed to ended.

They fucked with the wrong governor.

The bill passed and signed by DeSantis did three things that were needed:

1. Reedy Creek Development is now run by state appointees, not Disney executives.

2. Disney is now legally responsible for its own municipal debt.

3. The Sate and Counties can now directly tax Disney for the impact they have on infrastructure.

All good things that should have been done decades ago.

In addition, now that the first responders at Reedy Creek are now State employees DeSantis gave them a big raise because Disney, being the Libtard assholes they are, underpaid the employees.

At the bill signing all the First Responders were all standing behind DeSantis and cheering him.

Fuck woke Disney.
Well at least you admit it done because Desantis was mad at them. You people really love petty spite.

They're expressing a political opinion. In Florida, the government will go after you for expressing political opinions they don't like.

How nice.

They're expressing a political opinion. In Florida, the government will go after you for expressing political opinions they don't like.

How nice.
and opinion is an opinion.....not a lie. they literally lied about the bill, and spreading misinformation and propaganda that the left was throwing out there.

you can't spread lies and expect to keep your special tax status. There is no, "Don't say Gay" bill....nothing in the bill said anything about "gay" - you lie, you harm the people of FL with your lies, then you lose the gift the people of FL have been giving you...that simple

Well at least you admit it done because Desantis was mad at them. You people really love petty spite.

A lot of Floridians are pissed at the Disney assholes. Not all places in the US are like that LA/Hollywood cesspool of digusting perveted Liberalism. Disney fucked up big time when they tried to get involved in our politics.

DeSantis used that controversy to right a wrong. Disney should never have been giving the right to be their own government. I thought you Liberals were against corporate control like that.

Living in Central Florida all my life I have seen and experienced what destruction Disney did to this part of the state with all that Mickey Mouse bullshit. It brought in crime, congestion, more goddamn Yankee shit you could imagine and then tried to import it's Hollywood Limousine Liberal values. It destroyed what was a paradise before they built that stupid park.

All DeSantis did was put them on a level playing field like everybody else in the state. They never should have been their own government for 50 years.

Do you think corporations should be their own government?

A lot of Floridians are pissed at the Disney assholes. Not all places in the US are like that LA/Hollywood cess pool of digusting perveted Liberalism. Disney fucked up big time when they tried to get involved in our politics.

DeSantis used that controversy to right a wrong. Disney should never have been giving the right to be their own government. I thought you Liberals were against corporate control like that.

Living in Central Florida all my life I have seen and experienced what destruction Disney did to this part of the sate with all that Mickey Mouse bullshit. It brought in crime, congestion, more goddamn Yankee shit you could imagine and then tried to import its Hollywood Limousine Liberal values. It destroyed what was a paradise before they built that stupid park.

All DeSantis did was put them on a level playing field like everybody else in the state. They never should have been their own government for 50 years.

Do you think corporations should be their own government?
Not really but you should have a pretty compelling reason go back on a deal. Disney was given special consideration because they built all that stuff that added billions to the state economy and were willing to maintain it all. It worked pretty well for everyone involved. Desantis just wanted to strike a blow against a powerful political opponent. Now the other big businesses have been warned not to oppose his agenda on anything.

and opinion is an opinion.....not a lie. they literally lied about the bill, and spreading misinformation and propaganda that the left was throwing out there.

you can't spread lies and expect to keep your special tax status. There is no, "Don't say Gay" bill....nothing in the bill said anything about "gay" - you lie, you harm the people of FL with your lies, then you lose the gift the people of FL have been giving you...that simple
Did you have the Florida Ministry of Truth determine that?

Not really but you should have a pretty compelling reason go back on a deal. Disney was given special consideration because they built all that stuff that added billions to the state economy and were willing to maintain it all. It worked pretty well for everyone involved. Desantis just wanted to strike a blow against a powerful political opponent. Now the other big businesses have been warned not to oppose his agenda on anything.

The compelling reason is that Disney should have never got that sweetheart deal in the first place.

So you agree with me. No corporation should be its own government. Then DeSantis did the right thing.

Other tourists attractions in other parts of Florida take risk when they make capital expenditures but they don't get to be their own government. Walt took a much bigger risk when he built Disneyland in Anaheim and he didn't get to be his own government.

DeSantis righted a wrong. I know you little pathetic snowflakes like to whine and cry about the reason DeSantis used to do what should have been done decades earlier or never done in the first place but things like that happen.

I suspect the reasons behind this move was a lot more than DeSantis being pissed about the queer shit. It was more likely somebody was not getting the right amount of payoff. For all we know the Democrats in Orange County were not getting their kickbacks. Maybe it was DeSantis telling the Disney shitheads that were on the wrong side and need to support the Republicans more. Who knows what goes on behind closed doors with politics? It is a powerful club and we aren't in it.

Disney were idiots playing the cards the way they did. Liberals aren't very smart, are they?

I'm not a Democrat, but what I'm disturbed by is the open use of tax policy to fuck with political opponents. D or R, that's despotic, authoritarian government and I could never vote for someone who endorsed it.

Cue the impotent denials ....

Forum List

Back