Democrats - can we finally come together now?

Now that all of you on the left are freaking out and completely losing your shit because of a Donald Trump presidency, will you finally admit that the unconstitutional, unlimited power that you built and celebrated for the Oval Office isn't so great after all? The Donald Trump administration could be the watershed moment we need to repair relations and restore order to the U.S.

Can we please agree that the U.S. Constitution isn't "irrelevant" like all of you proclaimed? That limiting the power of the federal government is crucial? We have a serious opportunity here to come together as one nation and demand that our leaders:
  • Act with the highest integrity
  • Create a completely transparent federal government
  • Respect the separation of powers
  • Respect the limitations of powers
  • Respect the 2nd Amendment
Power is a dangerous thing. You wrongfully believed that power was "harmless" in the hands of Democrats and Barack Obama. Now you can see why it's so dangerous. I'm willing to do everything in my power to restore constitutional government and limit Donald Trump's power. I'm willing to hold my representatives feet to the fire to ensure that. Are you? And will you do it when the next Democrat is in office? Serious question for you Seawytch, mamooth, rdean, candycorn.

Yeah... Well according to the Constitution, the Air Force, NASA, FEMA, all don't exist. Neither do the national parks.

I'd take 2016 America and all of it's warts instead of some lesser nation that is hemmed in by the strict wording of 240 year old document. Thanks.
Ok. Fair enough. We can't come together based on a Trump Administration like I thought perhaps we could. I respect your honest answer. Thank you.

Now that all of you on the left are freaking out and completely losing your shit because of a Donald Trump presidency, will you finally admit that the unconstitutional, unlimited power that you built and celebrated for the Oval Office isn't so great after all? The Donald Trump administration could be the watershed moment we need to repair relations and restore order to the U.S.

Can we please agree that the U.S. Constitution isn't "irrelevant" like all of you proclaimed? That limiting the power of the federal government is crucial? We have a serious opportunity here to come together as one nation and demand that our leaders:
Power is a dangerous thing. You wrongfully believed that power was "harmless" in the hands of Democrats and Barack Obama. Now you can see why it's so dangerous. I'm willing to do everything in my power to restore constitutional government and limit Donald Trump's power. I'm willing to hold my representatives feet to the fire to ensure that. Are you? And will you do it when the next Democrat is in office? Serious question for you Seawytch, mamooth, rdean, candycorn.
SORRY I'd like your republicans to get the same shit you dealt out for 8 years ,back in your face
I don't get what you're saying here. That you want to bash Donald Trump? That's fine. Do it! Hell, I'm sure I'll be doing quite a bit myself. That's not the point here. The point is that can we all agree that power consolidated into one branch, and then into the hands of one man in that branch, is a dangerous thing?
Yes definitely agree,,,,,,very dangerous
So can all of us fight for constitutional government moving forward? And that means not supporting when Executive Orders or Presidential Memorandums are used to circumvent Congress by future Democrat presidents?

Okay you're dumb if you think Trump gives a shit about anything but himself. You can say whatever you want about democrats, but you're deluding yourself if you think Trump will put the people's interests above his own.

lol I mean Christ - "the highest integrity"? Are you joking?
Actually, you are dumb if you just read my post and got that I think Trump "cares" about anything out of it. Just how bad is your reading comprehension?!?
Well no see because if you want all of the goals accomplished obviously it matters to elect the right people. Trump doesn't even come close to being the right leader.

Democrats have never been total obstructionists like the Republicans have been the last eight years. Lots of raw feelings, there will be more when republicans take it upon themselves to harshly punish America for electing a black president.

Now that all of you on the left are freaking out and completely losing your shit because of a Donald Trump presidency,

We're not the ones making these hysterical threads. Trump fans all seem on the verge of meltdown. I think it's sinking in, that Trump winning doesn't mean liberals will stop pointing out their stupidity and immorality. Quite the opposite. It's going to be a target-rich environment for liberals here, which is why we're smiling so big.

will you finally admit that the unconstitutional, unlimited power that you built and celebrated for the Oval Office isn't so great after all?

We'll admit you're lying again, being we did no such thing.

The Donald Trump administration could be the watershed moment we need to repair relations and restore order to the U.S.

Exactly what "order" is it think you need restored? Be specific. What sort of brownshirt tactics are you proposing?

Can we please agree that the U.S. Constitution isn't "irrelevant" like all of you proclaimed?

I'm a liberal. I said no such thing. I can't recall a single liberal anywhere saying such things. So why did you make up that crazy claim?

That limiting the power of the federal government is crucial?

So vague as to be meaningless. Giving the federal government power is also crucial, to protect the liberty of the people from the authoritarian tyranny of petty thug local and state governments. Remember, we're liberals, so liberty is vital to us. You need to specify exactly what power needs to be limited. For example, I'll agree Trump should not be allowed to use the FBI as his personal thug force. You'll probably disagree with that, and want Trump to have unlimited power to round up "undesirables".

We have a serious opportunity here to come together as one nation and demand that our leaders:

As you just spent 8 years trying to rip the country apart, your demand for everyone to sing Kumbaya now is seen as particularly rank hypocrisy.

Power is a dangerous thing. You wrongfully believed that power was "harmless" in the hands of Democrats and Barack Obama.

We get it. You're incapable of honestly debating a liberal, so you just keep making up crazy shit about us.

Now you can see why it's so dangerous. I'm willing to do everything in my power to restore constitutional government and limit Donald Trump's power. I'm willing to hold my representatives feet to the fire to ensure that.

Given how you've only brainlessly parroted GOP spin in the past, why would anyone believe that promise from you? I think when the GOP says jump, you'll jump, and yell "HOW HIGH SIR?" on the way up.

Are you? And will you do it when the next Democrat is in office? Serious question for you

Since we did so with Obama and every other Democrat, there was no need to even ask. Our actions screamed "Yes!". I do see why you fail to understand our POV. Your party absolutely forbids dissent, so you can't even imagine the kind of freedom to criticize that Democrats enjoy and use.

Democrats can come together and they do every day. The problem is that the democrat party has drifted so far to the left that it no longer represents honest Americans who used to identify as democrats. The DNC refuses to acknowledge that they have lost every meaningful election since Obama was elected including the presidency and congress not to mention state and local governments and they continue to exhibit their detachment from reality when they rely on old ideology and old tired left wing obstructionists like Nancy Pelosi and Chuck Schumer. As long as the DNC remains in denial they will continue to lose support from Americans who used to traditionally identify with the democrat party.

Yet the Democrats consistently get more votes, and Democratic policies are wildly more popular. Only gerrymandering and vote suppression keep the GOP in power. If the GOP is so popular, why do they have to resort to such ugly thug tactics?

Nah. We don't need them. I think this says it all

“When an opponent declares, “I will not come over to your side,” I calmly say, “Your child belongs to us already… What are you? You will pass on. Your descendants, however, now stand in the new camp. In a short time they will know nothing else but this new community.”
– Adolph Hitler

WE control the government,WE control the education system,WE control the youth. :)

Democrats can come together and they do every day. The problem is that the democrat party has drifted so far to the left that it no longer represents honest Americans who used to identify as democrats. The DNC refuses to acknowledge that they have lost every meaningful election since Obama was elected including the presidency and congress not to mention state and local governments and they continue to rely on old standards and old tired left wing obstructionists like Nancy Pelosi and Chuck Schumer. As long as the DNC remains in denial they will continue to lose support from Americans who traditionally identified with the democrat party.
There is some truth to that but the flip-side of that theory is the alternate reality you have built where billionaires actually give a damn if the average Joe can put food on the table and Vladimir Putin is an awesome guy. It's all going to blow up in our faces and you will still find some way to fool stupid people into thinking liberals are entirely at fault.

SORRY I'd like your republicans to get the same shit you dealt out for 8 years ,back in your face
I don't get what you're saying here. That you want to bash Donald Trump? That's fine. Do it! Hell, I'm sure I'll be doing quite a bit myself. That's not the point here. The point is that can we all agree that power consolidated into one branch, and then into the hands of one man in that branch, is a dangerous thing?
Like with Obama? RW idiocy. Half the time he's a dictator, half a giant pussy. Stupid alternate planets....We have a GOP society still. Pander to the rich oligarchy and now W on steroids. But Dems will cooperate on any good things. There's always 3-6 blue dogs at least...The DEMS believe in compromise and good gov't, not goose stepping obstruction..

Nah. We don't need them. I think this says it all

“When an opponent declares, “I will not come over to your side,” I calmly say, “Your child belongs to us already… What are you? You will pass on. Your descendants, however, now stand in the new camp. In a short time they will know nothing else but this new community.”
– Adolph Hitler

WE control the government,WE control the education system,WE control the youth. :)
Remain calm, Adolf.

Nothing like that...We'll cooperate on the good stuff, unlike you GOPers...and Fox, Rush, Heritage etc etc total hate/bs...
Like the U.S. Constitution? Like not celebrating when the federal government (and especially the executive branch) bypasses the entire constitution and creates law from the Oval Office with the stroke of a pen?
Such as? You believe a pile of crap. EOs are very limited.

We will never come together as one nation again.
I tend to agree with you - but considering how progressives are losing their minds out of fear and even arming themselves with firearms, it's at least in the realm of possibility that they are starting to realize the dangers of power.
You belong to that dangerous party, not us, dupe. The fearful ones believed Trump. And of course we need a bunch of nonsense for the pundits to talk about...all politics 24/7. Where is NEWS. Ay caramba

Yeah... Well according to the Constitution, the Air Force, NASA, FEMA, all don't exist. Neither do the national parks.

I'd take 2016 America and all of it's warts instead of some lesser nation that is hemmed in by the strict wording of 240 year old document. Thanks.
Ok. Fair enough. We can't come together based on a Trump Administration like I thought perhaps we could. I respect your honest answer. Thank you.
Hey, we'll see. I have always been interested in what pure businessmen would do. And I would like wars and strife to be replaced by business. But that's not GOP reform. Go Trump! Please!

Hey, we'll see. I have always been interested in what pure businessmen would do. And I would like wars and strife to be replaced by business. But that's not GOP reform. Go Trump! Please!

I'm comfortably sure that Donald Trump has never read the Constitution much less thought much about the limitations of Article II on executive power. I'm sure he'll be amused.

It wouldn't surprise me if we end up with a showdown between the Court and Trump much like Andrew Jackson had with Marshall where Trump challenges Roberts to basically "do something about it" when he eventually violates a court order.

I'm comfortably sure that Donald Trump has never read the Constitution much less thought much about the limitations of Article II on executive power. I'm sure he'll be amused.

It wouldn't surprise me if we end up with a showdown between the Court and Trump much like Andrew Jackson had with Marshall where Trump challenges Roberts to basically "do something about it" when he eventually violates a court order.
He loves being popular tho...

He loves being popular tho...

For his sake, I hope I'm wrong. But I think it will probably end for him like it ended for Howard Cosell. Famous but not exactly popular.

Oh yes! Lets do it!

Nothing like that...We'll cooperate on the good stuff, unlike you GOPers...and Fox, Rush, Heritage etc etc total hate/bs...
Like the U.S. Constitution? Like not celebrating when the federal government (and especially the executive branch) bypasses the entire constitution and creates law from the Oval Office with the stroke of a pen?

Yeah.....Obama never did that.

You spoke of how libs are shocked by the Trump presidency. You STILL haven't recovered from your case of butthurt from 2008.

You provided DISLOYAL opposition for 8 years. Now you discuss being loyally opposed to Trump if he tries a power grab. That is awesome.

We will never come together as one nation again.
I tend to agree with you - but considering how progressives are losing their minds out of fear and even arming themselves with firearms, it's at least in the realm of possibility that they are starting to realize the dangers of power.

Basically, you are telling us that you think Trump is likely to overstep his authority and you want progressives to join you as you oppose him.

That's also awesome. What is our first move?

Forum List

Back