There’s no need for Trump to fix Canada-U.S. trade because it isn’t broken, Chrystia Freeland says

shockedcanadian

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2012
Unfortunately she is wrong, Canada has been backstabbing America for decades, I will provide more on this subject in the New Year or after Trump is in office, depending on when I get the time. I happen to have a very unique perspective on how Canada has been engaging in these underhanded tactics, these are multiple, dishonest approaches which clearly violate NAFTA and Canada knows it. There is a reason Canada is by far the most sued nation in NAFTA. Trumps administration will get emails from me, that's a guarantee, these tactics have been continued across Canadian political party lines.

Here's one quick tidbit to consider, check out the lost jobs at GM In Ohio and Michigan over the last few months, they were not lost due to Mexico, they were lost courtesy of Canada. They coincided with an agreement in Ontario to keep 2000+ jobs at GM. Why? Ontario and the federal government paid for these jobs, a total of $300M+ dollars (all hush hush in Canada, but a U.S paper broke the news) weeks later many job cuts announced in America. Why are they not cutting jobs in Canada if the demand has slowed down as they are arguing? Less than a decade earlier, Ontario paid a massive sum to another automotive company to keep 1000 jobs, the total cost per job to Canadian taxpayers was $146k!

These details aren't even the crux of how Canada violates NAFTA, in fact far from it, I provide this example just to provide some context. These payments are just minor communist tactics, the heart of the abuses conducted by Canada extend much further than just buying jobs...again, stay tuned for that.

There's no need for Trump to fix Canada-U.S. trade because it isn't broken, Chrystia Freeland says

OTTAWA — Donald Trump has pledged to fix a lot of broken things when he becomes U.S. president.

But Canada’s trade minister says the world-leading trade relationship between Canada and the United States isn’t one of them.

Chrystia Freeland tells The Canadian Press that’s the message she has been actively spreading to Republicans and others in Washington during the current presidential transition period.

Freeland was recently in Washington, where she met with some senior Republican senators and Trump advisers.

She has also been urging Canadian business leaders with U.S. connections to issue vocal reminders the $2.4 billion a day that crosses the 49th parallel is good for both countries.

The minister says Ottawa is taking a wait-and-see approach with another Trump pledge that could have a major economic impact on Canada — the president-elect’s promise to pull the U.S. out of the lucrative 12-country Pacific Rim trade deal known as the Trans-Pacific Partnership.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back