Democrats Are Planning An Insurrection

No deflection, Reid did what was advantageous for the Democrats, at the time, he didn’t extend it to the Supreme Court because in 2013 he didn’t need it. he is no different than McConnell. One turn meant the other would follow. Many said that in 2013.

What is amusing is you excuse and justify the rule change but because of politics and politics only, you approve of one rule change but not the one everyone back then said would naturally follow.

Reid’s rule change directly led to McConnells.

The difference between you and me is you approved of one and not the other because of party. I disapproved of both because it won’t end the escalation, which we see will gappen in the near future.

You voted for this bullshit, no you have to live with it. Again, you play stupid games, you win stupid prizes. Congrats you win, keep the games up and it will get worse.

It's a complete deflection. Like when GOP changed the rules in the House so they could investigate Obama better, the rules didn't change when the Dems took control and they had the power. Trump had the same filibuster proof power to nominate federal judges as the Obama had.

Imo the Dems were going to block Trumps pick at least as long as Garlands was blocked. That's why MM had to change the rule, not Harry. They just got lucky with the trifecta.

The left have packed the courts with partisan ideologues for many years. No matter how you want to spin it, Republicans never said or tried to increase the number of seats on the Supreme Court and, even when they had the power to do so, they did not try to go nuclear on everything as the left are attempting now.
Obama picked two that had filibuster proof majorities.

It's a complete deflection. Like when GOP changed the rules in the House so they could investigate Obama better, the rules didn't change when the Dems took control and they had the power. Trump had the same filibuster proof power to nominate federal judges as the Obama had.

Imo the Dems were going to block Trumps pick at least as long as Garlands was blocked. That's why MM had to change the rule, not Harry. They just got lucky with the trifecta.
Stupid, one would not of occurred without the other.

They told us their plans before the election.
Pack the court, end the filibuster & nationalize election fraud so they can never lose again.
Evil people tell you their intentions if you just pay attention
Hmmmmmmm, I just can't figure out why they have been losing and expect to be wiped away by a red tsunami this Nov. I just can't quite put my finger on it.

Another shameless "Reid did it" deflection. McConnell scraped the normal filibuster requirement in 2017 it to shove those Justices and down America's throat with a simple majority voice, because they were so partisan the Neo-GOP couldn't seat them otherwise. So like it or not the SC is now just as partisan politically as the other two branches. So all the former norms are subject to the scrap heap in favor of the politics of the day.
McConnell could have gone nuclear on absolutely everything if he had wanted. He didn't do it but now Democrats want to.

Nice roundabout deflection to Reid. McConnell changed the rule in 2017 because Trumps first nominee was not going to get past it. Reid did not change the filibuster rule for any Supreme Court Justice's nomination. But if you want to talk about Reid's maneuver you need to add context like how many of Obama's nominees for the lower courts were being filibustered and for how long.
We are talking about Democrats wanting to get rid of the filibuster completely right now to start a political coup when Republicans didn't even do it when they had the chance. And, Republicans never talked about or tried adding seats to the Supreme Court for political purposes to support a coup.

Trumps federal appointees enjoyed the same immunity from the filibuster as did Obama's. Trump might get the credit but the real credit goes to McConnell for packing the court with the ideologues necessary to over turn RvW.
McConnell never once talked about adding seats to the Supreme Court for political reasons. That would be the Democrats.

This is MY thread. It is about Democrats currently planning an insurrection/coup by eliminating the filibuster completely for everything when, in fact, Republicans didn't do it when they had the chance if they had wanted. Democrats also want to add seats to the Supreme Court for political advantage when Republicans never tried the same. YOUR posts are the deflection from the OP.

This is MY thread. It is about Democrats currently planning an insurrection/coup by eliminating the filibuster completely for everything when, in fact, Republicans didn't do it when they had the chance if they had wanted. Democrats also want to add seats to the Supreme Court for political advantage when Republicans never tried the same. YOUR posts are the deflection from the OP.
You chose not to address what I had to say and focused on....what Reid did!

" It certainly wouldn't be unfair., illegal, or unconstitutional for the Democrats do that turnabout, but they don't have the votes to do it. "

Cry a me a river......

" It certainly wouldn't be unfair., illegal, or unconstitutional for the Democrats do that turnabout, but they don't have the votes to do it. "

Cry a me a river......
it's just sophomore shit. What the trump folks tried on Jan 6 wan an insurrection - it was an illegal attempt to grab power based on their failed complaint the dems stole an election in states where republicans held the legislatures.

Cry a me a river......
Ummmmmmmmmmm, this is MY thread. YOU chose not to address what I had to said and instead changed the subject.

Ummmmmmmmmmm, this is MY thread. YOU chose not to address what I had to said and instead changed the subject.
More like a little girly stream, not a river.

You chose to defend McConnell rather than your declarations of catastrophic results of ending the filibuster, which is not even in the Constitution.

More like a little girly stream, not a river.

You chose to defend McConnell rather than your declarations of catastrophic results of ending the filibuster, which is not even in the Constitution.
I made the thread. You chose to hijack it.

Ummmmmmmmmmmm, you do realize that it was Harry Reid who lit the match, don't you? And, even after the match was lit, Mitch McConnell refused to go nuclear on everything, even when he had the chance to do so. Trump even intimidated and bullied McConnell to do so and McConnell still refused. Now that the shoe is on the other foot, other than Manchin and Sinema, most all Democrats are more than willing to go nuclear on everything, even as McConnell had not when he did have the chance. And, Republicans NEVER proposed increasing the number of seats on the Supreme Court as the Democrats are doing now.
McConnell was filibustering virtually everything from Federal court appointees to Dog Catcher.

There was no choice but to remove the filiuster for lower court appointees and Cabinet positions

McConnell of course knew his only shot at packing the Court was to nuke THAT filibuster as well...so of course he did.

McConnell was filibustering virtually everything from Federal court appointees to Dog Catcher.

There was no choice but to remove the filiuster for lower court appointees and Cabinet positions

McConnell of course knew his only shot at packing the Court was to nuke THAT filibuster as well...so of course he did.
You haven't been paying attention. McConnell could have eliminated the filibuster for everything as Democrats want to do now and he wouldn't do it when he could have, even with Trump breathing down his neck to do it. Democrats, on the other hand, are showing that they are unwilling to accept anything less than a political coup/insurrection.

Will you still feel the filibuster needs to be eliminated if Republicans take back both the House and the Senate after the midterms? It would be nice to have your seal of approval. And Republicans could expand the Supreme Court to have a 12-3 majority and virtually push through anything and everything they wanted, including voting legislation and laws regarding the drawing of districts. Of course those might wind up having to go through the SC, LOL.

So, now is your chance to pre-approve eliminating the filibuster. Just remember, Harry Reid's idea came back to bite him in the ass. Do you want to continue down that same road? The idiots on the left want to push for this, will fail because of Manchin, and Sinema, and then after the midterms Republicans will be saying, "Hey, this is what you wanted. Now you've got it". Is that really the course you want to take? Do you really naively believe you will be able to bully Manchin and Sinema? Will you be happy if Mitch McConnell is not voted to be the Republican Senate Majority leader and a Freedom Caucus/Stop the Steal Senator becomes the new majority leader? You guys really have a hard time understanding the big picture and the phrase, "be careful for what you wish for". Or, would you rather just let it all happen and then spend your lives griping about how Republicans stole the elections and it is up to you to take our democracy back through insurrections?

Last edited:
"Prominent Democrats have demanded radical changes to the United States' system of government in the wake of the Supreme Court's leaked abortion draft opinion overturning the Roe v. Wade (1973) abortion precedent, from packing the Court to abolishing the Senate filibuster."

When government doesn't go the way Democrats want it to go, then they plan an insurrection/coup while in power so that they can never lose again and bypass the will of the voters to make it so that the Democratic party will remain in power forever, having unlimited powers to do whatever they want for the rest of eternity. They claim democracy has been "stolen" while simultaneously trying to steal it themselves. Thank God for Senators Manchin and Sinema, who bravely stand in the way of the Democrats attempted insurrection.

If the filibuster is abolished democracy will be permanently destroyed because it will give the party in power unlimited powers to make sure the other party never wins again and enough seats will be added to the Supreme Court to make it a permanent kangaroo court, merely rubber stamping anything and everything the party in power wants to do. When in power, Republicans didn't eliminate the filibuster for everything and anything when they had the chance. In fact, Mitch McConnell specifically refused to even consider it. It is Democrats trying to subvert democracy through an insurrection/coup by wanting to eliminate the filibuster in order to take permanent control of the government, which would bypass the will of the voters by making democratic elections meaningless. Our democratic election process would then be no different than the democratic elections in Russia.
great post

"Prominent Democrats have demanded radical changes to the United States' system of government in the wake of the Supreme Court's leaked abortion draft opinion overturning the Roe v. Wade (1973) abortion precedent, from packing the Court to abolishing the Senate filibuster."

When government doesn't go the way Democrats want it to go, then they plan an insurrection/coup while in power so that they can never lose again and bypass the will of the voters to make it so that the Democratic party will remain in power forever, having unlimited powers to do whatever they want for the rest of eternity. They claim democracy has been "stolen" while simultaneously trying to steal it themselves. Thank God for Senators Manchin and Sinema, who bravely stand in the way of the Democrats attempted insurrection.

If the filibuster is abolished democracy will be permanently destroyed because it will give the party in power unlimited powers to make sure the other party never wins again and enough seats will be added to the Supreme Court to make it a permanent kangaroo court, merely rubber stamping anything and everything the party in power wants to do. When in power, Republicans didn't eliminate the filibuster for everything and anything when they had the chance. In fact, Mitch McConnell specifically refused to even consider it. It is Democrats trying to subvert democracy through an insurrection/coup by wanting to eliminate the filibuster in order to take permanent control of the government, which would bypass the will of the voters by making democratic elections meaningless. Our democratic election process would then be no different than the democratic elections in Russia.
Look up the meaning of “ insurrection”.

Forum List

Back