Democrats Are Planning An Insurrection

Didn't McConnell lift the Senate filibuster in 2017 after Reid lifted the filibuster on other justices in 2013? This is the issue with playing stupid games and winning stupid prizes.

It sounds stupid for anyone to talk fair when trying to get the upper hand.
Nice roundabout deflection to Reid. McConnell changed the rule in 2017 because Trumps first nominee was not going to get past it. Reid did not change the filibuster rule for any Supreme Court Justice's nomination. But if you want to talk about Reid's maneuver you need to add context like how many of Obama's nominees for the lower courts were being filibustered and for how long.

Typical deflection. Harry Reid did not change the filibuster rule for the SC. Mitch McConnell did. He owns it. The apparent decision is the direct result of his maneuvering to get those controversial partisan judges, who would have never been confirmed otherwise, on the bench specifically to overturn RvW.
Harry Reid is the father of going nuclear. He showed Republicans how to do it. And yet when Republicans had enough power to go nuclear on everything, they did not exercise that power and yet, here we are, with Democrats wanting to exercise that power if they could.

Another shameless "Reid did it" deflection. McConnell scraped the normal filibuster requirement in 2017 it to shove those Justices and down America's throat with a simple majority voice, because they were so partisan the Neo-GOP couldn't seat them otherwise. So like it or not the SC is now just as partisan politically as the other two branches. So all the former norms are subject to the scrap heap in favor of the politics of the day.
Harry Reid and the Dems went nuclear. They set the rules.

Just stop trying to deflect from reality

Harry Reid is the father of going nuclear. He showed Republicans how to do it. And yet when Republicans had enough power to go nuclear on everything, they did not exercise that power and yet, here we are, with Democrats wanting to exercise that power if they could.
His son, Moscow Mitch, surpassed his father in eliminating it for the Highest Court as the very first option, not after years of road blocks and negotiations. But that's just part of MM's legacy in packing the courts with partisan ideologues.

Harry Reid and the Dems went nuclear. They set the rules.

Just stop trying to deflect from reality
The grooming never stops. Republican's took advantage of the no filibuster for lower court nominees every bit as much as Democrats. McConnell changed the rules for Supreme Court justices in 2017 not Reid.

The grooming never stops. Republican's took advantage of the no filibuster for lower court nominees every bit as much as Democrats. McConnell changed the rules for Supreme Court justices in 2017 not Reid.
Democommies are the Party of Cloture

Why did McConnell change the filibuster rule for SC nominees in 2017?

It's like all you guy were Groomed by the same Groomer.
For the same reason Reid changed it for ALL the other federal Judges. Whats worse a change to 9 judges that seldom get appointed or for hundreds of Judges all through the system?

??

You realize the only reason the court is stacked with 3 ultra conservative justices is because McConnell abolished the Senate filibuster in 2017. It certainly wouldn't be unfair., illegal, or unconstitutional for the Democrats do that turnabout, but they don't have the votes to do it. They absolutely should blunt the Courts apparent decision to strip women of the right to chose when to have children.
That's not happening. You should realize that overturning Roe does NOT "strip women of the right to chose when to have children". That's just false, fear-mongering rhetoric.

For the same reason Reid changed it for ALL the other federal Judges. Whats worse a change to 9 judges that seldom get appointed or for hundreds of Judges all through the system?
Trumps federal appointees enjoyed the same immunity from the filibuster as did Obama's. Trump might get the credit but the real credit goes to McConnell for packing the court with the ideologues necessary to over turn RvW.

The FBI is still hunting down mom and pop Jan 6 demonstrators for offenses that aren't even prosecuted in other jurisdictions and a senate inquisition panel is still in operation. Meanwhile democrats are assaulting Police Officers, desecrating Catholic churches and prominent elected officials like Chucky Schumer get away with threatening the lives of Justices and their families. Who do we see about that?

Yes, the GOP "took advantage" of the rules the Dems made.

Geez...stop whining about someone playing your game.
The Neo-GOP voted to change the filibuster rule and allow SC justices to be confirmed with a simple majority, not Dems.

I understand, the grooming started right away in 2017, as it always does with those guys, they are experts at controlling their flock.

But enough about ya'll........

Nice roundabout deflection to Reid. McConnell changed the rule in 2017 because Trumps first nominee was not going to get past it. Reid did not change the filibuster rule for any Supreme Court Justice's nomination. But if you want to talk about Reid's maneuver you need to add context like how many of Obama's nominees for the lower courts were being filibustered and for how long.
No deflection, Reid did what was advantageous for the Democrats, at the time, he didn’t extend it to the Supreme Court because in 2013 he didn’t need it. he is no different than McConnell. One turn meant the other would follow. Many said that in 2013.

What is amusing is you excuse and justify the rule change but because of politics and politics only, you approve of one rule change but not the one everyone back then said would naturally follow.

Reid’s rule change directly led to McConnells.

The difference between you and me is you approved of one and not the other because of party. I disapproved of both because it won’t end the escalation, which we see will gappen in the near future.

You voted for this bullshit, no you have to live with it. Again, you play stupid games, you win stupid prizes. Congrats you win, keep the games up and it will get worse.

The Neo-GOP voted to change the filibuster rule and allow SC justices to be confirmed with a simple majority, not Dems.

I understand, the grooming started right away in 2017, as it always does with those guys, they are experts at controlling their flock.

But enough about ya'll........
yes the GOP followed the rules laid out by the Dems that went Nuclear.

What part of that is hard for you to understand? Had the Dems not gone nuclear to try and pack the DC Circuit, you wouldn't be whining now.

Regrets? Dems have had a few: Nuclear Option Regrets, Democrats Have Had A Few | Republican Leader

SCHUMER: “Wish it hadn’t happened.”

SEN. JON TESTER (D-MT): “It’s [court packing] like changing the rules of the Senate. I think it’s a mistake. Probably the biggest mistake I ever made was voting on the rule change on judges.”

SEN. MICHAEL BENNET (D-CO): “n 2013, out of desperation, I came to this floor and voted to change the rules... I have said on this floor before that that is the worst vote I have taken as a Senator, and I apologize for that vote.

yes the GOP followed the rules laid out by the Dems that went Nuclear.

What part of that is hard for you to understand? Had the Dems not gone nuclear to try and pack the DC Circuit, you wouldn't be whining now.

Regrets? Dems have had a few: Nuclear Option Regrets, Democrats Have Had A Few | Republican Leader

SCHUMER: “Wish it hadn’t happened.”

SEN. JON TESTER (D-MT): “It’s [court packing] like changing the rules of the Senate. I think it’s a mistake. Probably the biggest mistake I ever made was voting on the rule change on judges.”

SEN. MICHAEL BENNET (D-CO): “n 2013, out of desperation, I came to this floor and voted to change the rules... I have said on this floor before that that is the worst vote I have taken as a Senator, and I apologize for that vote.

It's like a reflex they programmed in, isn't it.

McConnell was the real victim of Reid when he moved to strip the filibuster from the SC nomination process.

His son, Moscow Mitch, surpassed his father in eliminating it for the Highest Court as the very first option, not after years of road blocks and negotiations. But that's just part of MM's legacy in packing the courts with partisan ideologues.
The left have packed the courts with partisan ideologues for many years. No matter how you want to spin it, Republicans never said or tried to increase the number of seats on the Supreme Court and, even when they had the power to do so, they did not try to go nuclear on everything as the left are attempting now.

It's like a reflex they programmed in, isn't it.

McConnell was the real victim of Reid when he moved to strip the filibuster from the SC nomination process.
Hopefully the dems (the non free speech for corporations and pro-individual rights party) is capable of organizing a revolution of their own.

Note that Falwell had the corporate funding for his "movement" in place before launching it.

Forum List

Back