Democratic cave in wall

That was the original offer..Trump turned it down for more.
He didn't turn it down for more he turned it down over DACA. Pelosi said "not one dollar". She caved.:)
remember-jonestown-small-jpg.jpg

Trump wanted $5.7B. There was no “cave in” by the Democrats.
Pelosi said not one dollar, non negotiable. Trump made her negotiate. He is the master deal maker and Pelosi lost. Trump poll numbers going up likely spooked her.

On like day one of the new congressional term, the dollar amounts in the deal described (so far) was approved by the House. The GOP is agreeing essentially to the same deal the Democrats already passed and the Senate ignored.
"Not one dollar" "Non negotiable" .Nancy caved!:)

So “caving” to you is getting your opponent to agree to what you’ve already offered. :113:

Pelosi said not one dollar, non negotiable. Trump made her negotiate. He is the master deal maker and Pelosi lost. Trump poll numbers going up likely spooked her.

On like day one of the new congressional term, the dollar amounts in the deal described (so far) was approved by the House. The GOP is agreeing essentially to the same deal the Democrats already passed and the Senate ignored.

So “caving” to you is getting your opponent to agree to what you’ve already offered. :113:
You are confusing last year's budget deal with this years. This year Pelosi said "not one dollar" then mockingly said "ok one dollar". $1.375 billion dollars.:)

'll give Trump $1 for his wall': Nancy Pelosi prepares for White House showdown"

"We're not doing a wall. Does anyone have any doubt that we're not doing a wall?' Pelosi told reporters"

So to you that's a win? Works for me.:113:

You are confusing last year's budget deal with this years. This year Pelosi said "not one dollar" then mockingly said "ok one dollar". $1.375 billion dollars.:)

'll give Trump $1 for his wall': Nancy Pelosi prepares for White House showdown"

"We're not doing a wall. Does anyone have any doubt that we're not doing a wall?' Pelosi told reporters"

Uh no.

On 1/3/19, the House passed the same bill (pretty much) that was agreed to in principle last evening.

Ahhhh... I see what they're doing. "Not one dollar", but $1.375 billion. That's not "one". Heh... Democrats are real tricksters.

The blob wanted $5.7 B. He isn’t getting it apparently. If he signs; he caved.
Yep. But so did the Democrats. And it's a shame. Hopefully we can get Trump out of there before much progress is made on his phallic symbol.

Uh no.

On 1/3/19, the House passed the same bill (pretty much) that was agreed to in principle last evening.
"Not one dollar" "" ok one dollar " "ok1.375 billion dollars" .
works for me and I'm glad it works for you to. Nice to see dems admit we need border barriers.

Uh no.

works for me and I'm glad it works for you to. Nice to see dems admit we need border barriers.

It’s what they passed back in January.

It is essentially the same agreement that the Senate wouldn’t take up because the Blob wouldn’t sign it.

That he may sign it now is a clear cave in. That it “works for you” is a sign you’re caving in too.

Uh no.

It is essentially the same agreement that the Senate wouldn’t take up because the Blob wouldn’t sign it.

That he may sign it now is a clear cave in. That it “works for you” is a sign you’re caving in too.
After "not one dollar" " ok one dollar " "walls are immoral" " walls don't work" I'll consider 1.375 a huge victory.

Uh no.

After "not one dollar" " ok one dollar " "walls are immoral" " walls don't work" I'll consider 1.375 a huge victory.

He wanted $5.7. He got what, less than 25% of that. If you want to call that a victory…you’re entitled…and kidding yourself.

I’ll tell you what:

Lets say that I offered you $1,375 for your car. You want $5,700. You say no deal.

Then 2 months later, you end up selling your car to me for $1,375. Would you call that a victory? You ended up with what I offered you.

Uh no.

He wanted $5.7. He got what, less than 25% of that. If you want to call that a victory…you’re entitled…and kidding yourself.

I’ll tell you what:

Lets say that I offered you $1,375 for your car. You want $5,700. You say no deal.

Then 2 months later, you end up selling your car to me for $1,375. Would you call that a victory? You ended up with what I offered you.
Trump had no bill put on his desk to sign with wall funding. Appropriations committee put a billion in but it was removed before the bill ever reached its final form.

So much for "not one dollar". More like 1.375 billion dollars.:icon_lol:

"We reached an agreement in principle between us on all the homeland security and the other six bills," said Senate Appropriations Committee Chairman Richard Shelby (R-Ala.), a lead Republican negotiator. “The White House has been consulted all along,” Shelby added, noting that he’s been given “latitude” to negotiate on behalf of the administration.

The tentative deal includes $1.375 billion for physical barriers — a type of fencing that resembles the “steel slats” that Trump has specifically called for, according to a congressional aide briefed on the talks. It includes a total of 55 miles, which is just 9 miles shy of Trump’s last budget request".

That's not caving. Congress MUST approve between 1.3 and 1.4 billion due to the 2006 Border Security Law. And that amount is not just for building a wall. it's for a lot of things. Using those figures, Bush Jr. and Obama built an average of 73 miles of wall each year for 8 years. You can't count the first two (2006 and 2007) as that was funded way above that amount to get it kicked off. Those other two Presidents repaired, put in more security, hired more Border Security, etc. PLUS built that 73 miles of brand new wall at the same time with that amount. For the fiscal years of 2017 and 2018, Trump was also allocated 1.3 billion per year yet he didn't build one single inch of new wall. In fact, he reduced the Texas Border Security Force during those two years. Sounds to me like he doens't need more money. He needs a good audit.

So much for "not one dollar". More like 1.375 billion dollars.:icon_lol:

"We reached an agreement in principle between us on all the homeland security and the other six bills," said Senate Appropriations Committee Chairman Richard Shelby (R-Ala.), a lead Republican negotiator. “The White House has been consulted all along,” Shelby added, noting that he’s been given “latitude” to negotiate on behalf of the administration.

The tentative deal includes $1.375 billion for physical barriers — a type of fencing that resembles the “steel slats” that Trump has specifically called for, according to a congressional aide briefed on the talks. It includes a total of 55 miles, which is just 9 miles shy of Trump’s last budget request".

That's not caving. Congress MUST approve between 1.3 and 1.4 billion due to the 2006 Border Security Law. And that amount is not just for building a wall. it's for a lot of things. Using those figures, Bush Jr. and Obama built an average of 73 miles of wall each year for 8 years. You can't count the first two (2006 and 2007) as that was funded way above that amount to get it kicked off. Those other two Presidents repaired, put in more security, hired more Border Security, etc. PLUS built that 73 miles of brand new wall at the same time with that amount. For the fiscal years of 2017 and 2018, Trump was also allocated 1.3 billion per year yet he didn't build one single inch of new wall. In fact, he reduced the Texas Border Security Force during those two years. Sounds to me like he doens't need more money. He needs a good audit.
The 1.375 billion is specifically for the wall but thank you for pointing out the hypocrisy of democrats who said walls dont work and were immoral when trump wanted them after they themselves built many miles of walls.

Uh no.

I’ll tell you what:

Trump had no bill put on his desk to sign with wall funding.
I didn’t say he did. I did say the House passed it. The senate killed it because the blob didn’t say he would sign it.

Appropriations committee put a billion in but it was removed before the bill ever reached its final form.

Not true. The Senate never considered the House legislation.

I’ll tell you what:

Trump had no bill put on his desk to sign with wall funding.
I didn’t say he did. I did say the House passed it. The senate killed it because the blob didn’t say he would sign it.

Appropriations committee put a billion in but it was removed before the bill ever reached its final form.

Not true. The Senate never considered the House legislation.
So we agree trump never got a bill on his desk with any wall funding until now and in fact dems said no wall funding. "Not one dollar".

Forum List

Back