Democratic cave in wall

Feb 10, 2019
So much for "not one dollar". More like 1.375 billion dollars.:icon_lol:

"We reached an agreement in principle between us on all the homeland security and the other six bills," said Senate Appropriations Committee Chairman Richard Shelby (R-Ala.), a lead Republican negotiator. “The White House has been consulted all along,” Shelby added, noting that he’s been given “latitude” to negotiate on behalf of the administration.

The tentative deal includes $1.375 billion for physical barriers — a type of fencing that resembles the “steel slats” that Trump has specifically called for, according to a congressional aide briefed on the talks. It includes a total of 55 miles, which is just 9 miles shy of Trump’s last budget request".

Trump wanted $5.7B. There was no “cave in” by the Democrats.
Pelosi said not one dollar, non negotiable. Trump made her negotiate. He is the master deal maker and Pelosi lost. Trump poll numbers going up likely spooked her.

I hope he continues to negotiate and gets the full amount so the wall can be built.

That was the original offer..Trump turned it down for more.
He didn't turn it down for more he turned it down over DACA. Pelosi said "not one dollar". She caved.:)
The original offer was the lower amount for the wall before the govt. was shut down I don't care what Pelosi said during the war.

You argue just to argue. Sad. Get a job.
fuck off dingleberry..

Pelosi said not one dollar, non negotiable. Trump made her negotiate. He is the master deal maker and Pelosi lost. Trump poll numbers going up likely spooked her.

On like day one of the new congressional term, the dollar amounts in the deal described (so far) was approved by the House. The GOP is agreeing essentially to the same deal the Democrats already passed and the Senate ignored.

On like day one of the new congressional term, the dollar amounts in the deal described (so far) was approved by the House. The GOP is agreeing essentially to the same deal the Democrats already passed and the Senate ignored.
"Not one dollar" "Non negotiable" .Nancy caved!:)

And I was 100% correct when I said no matter what happens, when we have a deal, both sides will claim victory. Party loyalist are so predictable.

It's not going to be a wall it's going to be fences..
Exactly the fences trump originally asked for. Democrats kept calling it "the wall" but now that they have caved they are calling it fences in strategic locations which is exactly what trump was asking for. It's a win for America, a win for Trump and a loss for democrats who always lose when the two aforementioned win.

So much for "not one dollar". More like 1.375 billion dollars.:icon_lol:

"We reached an agreement in principle between us on all the homeland security and the other six bills," said Senate Appropriations Committee Chairman Richard Shelby (R-Ala.), a lead Republican negotiator. “The White House has been consulted all along,” Shelby added, noting that he’s been given “latitude” to negotiate on behalf of the administration.

The tentative deal includes $1.375 billion for physical barriers — a type of fencing that resembles the “steel slats” that Trump has specifically called for, according to a congressional aide briefed on the talks. It includes a total of 55 miles, which is just 9 miles shy of Trump’s last budget request".
Spin little tRumpkin! Spin like the wind!

And I was 100% correct when I said no matter what happens, when we have a deal, both sides will claim victory. Party loyalist are so predictable.
Hard to go from "not one dollar" to 1.375 billion dollars and claim victory. Easy to go from 5 billion let's negotiate to 1.375 billion and do so.

Forum List

Back