Democrat policies are forcing people to drop their home insurance...

2aguy

Diamond Member
Jul 19, 2014
The destruction of the U.S. economy is putting the crunch on everyone.....and in response people are gambling with their homes....

Americans are canceling their homeowner’s insurance because they can no longer afford it, reports the Wall Street Journal.

Welcome to Joe Biden’s America, where the ruling party doesn’t want you to own anything.

“Homeowners are increasingly forgoing home insurance, gambling that the likelihood of a disaster isn’t high enough to justify the cost of a policy,” reports the Journal.

“Some skipping insurance say they are doing so because they can no longer afford the rising premiums,” the report adds. “The national average for home insurance based on $250,000 in dwelling coverage increased this year to $1,428 annually, up 20% from 2022, according to Bankrate.”

That’s a jump of 20 percent in a single year.

“Twelve percent of homeowners in the U.S. don’t purchase homeowners’ insurance. About half of them have annual household incomes of less than $40,000, according to a 2023 survey[.]”
-----
Not having insurance is a major gamble. Insurance not only covers the cost of replacing your house but also its contents, removal of the old house, and a place to live until the new dwelling is in place. That coverage might vary depending on your policy, but that’s all pretty standard.

Even if you decide to abandon your home in the event of a fire or flood or whatever, you could still assume liability with the clean-up.

What strikes me is how financially strapped some people are to take this kind of risk with the most important asset they will likely ever own — their home.

For most of us, for everyday people, your house is not only your shelter; it’s your future. Your home is the thing you build old age and retirement on. Not to put too fine a point on it, but it’s the rock in your life, the thing you can always count on and even draw on in the event of an emergency. The thought of losing my home is unimaginable, and how that loss would annihilate my future plans is even more unimaginable.

But things have gotten so bad in this Biden economy — most especially the soaring cost of the things closest to families, like goods and gas — that something’s got to give, so people apparently think the homeowner’s insurance is worth the gamble.

This is all part of the democrat party plan to force people out of individual homes.....the left, now solidly in control of the democrat party, hates the idea that you have a home. They are insane, they need to be stopped.....

This is the goal, not an accident........

You will have nothing......you will be happy.....or you will be punished.

The destruction of the U.S. economy is putting the crunch on everyone.....and in response people are gambling with their homes....

Americans are canceling their homeowner’s insurance because they can no longer afford it, reports the Wall Street Journal.

Welcome to Joe Biden’s America, where the ruling party doesn’t want you to own anything.

“Homeowners are increasingly forgoing home insurance, gambling that the likelihood of a disaster isn’t high enough to justify the cost of a policy,” reports the Journal.

“Some skipping insurance say they are doing so because they can no longer afford the rising premiums,” the report adds. “The national average for home insurance based on $250,000 in dwelling coverage increased this year to $1,428 annually, up 20% from 2022, according to Bankrate.”

That’s a jump of 20 percent in a single year.

“Twelve percent of homeowners in the U.S. don’t purchase homeowners’ insurance. About half of them have annual household incomes of less than $40,000, according to a 2023 survey[.]”
-----
Not having insurance is a major gamble. Insurance not only covers the cost of replacing your house but also its contents, removal of the old house, and a place to live until the new dwelling is in place. That coverage might vary depending on your policy, but that’s all pretty standard.

Even if you decide to abandon your home in the event of a fire or flood or whatever, you could still assume liability with the clean-up.

What strikes me is how financially strapped some people are to take this kind of risk with the most important asset they will likely ever own — their home.

For most of us, for everyday people, your house is not only your shelter; it’s your future. Your home is the thing you build old age and retirement on. Not to put too fine a point on it, but it’s the rock in your life, the thing you can always count on and even draw on in the event of an emergency. The thought of losing my home is unimaginable, and how that loss would annihilate my future plans is even more unimaginable.

But things have gotten so bad in this Biden economy — most especially the soaring cost of the things closest to families, like goods and gas — that something’s got to give, so people apparently think the homeowner’s insurance is worth the gamble.

This is all part of the democrat party plan to force people out of individual homes.....the left, now solidly in control of the democrat party, hates the idea that you have a home. They are insane, they need to be stopped.....

This is the goal, not an accident........

You will have nothing......you will be happy.....or you will be punished.

Right wingers on this board are SO STUPID, they should be declared brain dead for their own protection.

INSURANCE RATES ARE GOING UP BECAUSE OF ALL OF THE LOSSES DUE TO FLOODS, TORNADOS AND HURRICANES.

REPUBLICANS HAVE CALLED GLOBAL WARMING A HOAX FOR DECADES AND DONE NOTHING.

THE HOME INSURANCE INDUSTRY IN THE USA IS COLLAPSING BECAUSE NOTHING HAS BEEN DONE ABOUT CLIMATE CHANGE IN THE USA EVER.

BUT LIKE THE PARTISAN IDIOT YOU ARE, YOU BLAME JOE BIDEN.

Right wingers on this board are SO STUPID, they should be declared brain dead for their own protection.

INSURANCE RATES ARE GOING UP BECAUSE OF ALL OF THE LOSSES DUE TO FLOODS, TORNADOS AND HURRICANES.

THE HOME INSURANCE INDUSTRY IN THE USA IS COLLAPSING BECAUSE NOTHING HAS BEEN DONE ABOUT CLIMATE CHANGE IN THE USA EVER.

No.

Global Warming is a hoax. We know this based on what they call the problem and the solution.

The problem is CO2, the solution, cut down the trees that "eat" CO2 and replace them with solar panels and wind turbines that create millions of tons of CO2

The solution destroys the world, hence this is just a scam to make trillions of dollars

This has to be one of your dumbest posts ever.

Insurance rates are increasing because of the bullshit property values the government is imposing on homes in an effort to dramatically increase tax revenues.

My property value jumped over 30% THIS YEAR and that has NOTHING to do with climate change.

Actually my insurance said the driver in the premium increase was that the replacement cost has risen so drastically. They had a page with the average increase in costs of materials in my state and the percentage increase in the last 2 years and the increase in average hourly wage of construction workers. I tossed it, but it was like "Cost of shingles has increased 14% to $_____; Cost of bricks has increased 5% to $, "Cost of concrete has increased 12% to $", ETC. It broke it down into I think the ten most common materials used in construction.

I call BS unless it's folks with their homes that are already paid off.....If you have a mortgage then you have home owner's insurance, one way or the other.

If nothing else if you don't pay it the lender will put enough coverage on it to protect their investment and either add it to your escrow payment. Usually such coverage is for the structure only, not the contents.

They can even go as far as calling in the note for not following the terms of the mortgage.....A attractive proposition given home prices.

“The national average for home insurance based on $250,000 in dwelling coverage increased this year to $1,428 annually, up 20% from 2022, according to Bankrate.”

I can't at all relate to Bankrate's figuring. I didn't change insurance company, nor coverage, and my home insurance dropped by $16 this year. Paid State Farm $796 on my $594K house.

The problem is CO2, the solution, cut down the trees that "eat" CO2 and replace them with solar panels and wind turbines that create millions of tons of CO2
No one is saying that’s the solution.

Don’t be a moron.

"muh cult" isnt a very good response.
Realistically, it is replacement costs. Inflation, dumbfuck. Inflation.

$1428 on a $250K home?

That really doesn't sound like that much.
When you add rising taxes and utilities to that typical homeowners need $1000 to $1500 a month on top of the house payment just to keep from being foreclosed on

When we see the next housing bubble burst it will be driven by black homeowners who got into a new home with little or no money down and suddenly their variable mortgage rate has gone up

When we see the next housing bubble burst it will be driven by black homeowners who got into a new home with little or no money down and suddenly their variable mortgage rate has gone up
Is it really that hard to keep your racism from showing up in your posts?

No one is saying that’s the solution.

Don’t be a moron.
We are cutting down trees, destroying ecosystems, to install solar and wind "power". That destroys the plant life that consumes CO2.

CO2 is the problem.

Further, Solar and Wind are extremely inefficient, to the point we can say they barely work, hence we must build a million times more, than we normally build. That increased manufacturing increases CO2.

The solution, to global warming is Green Energy. The solution creates much more CO2, not less.

It is all about making the rich richer, the politicians more powerful, as well as richer.

Is it really that hard to keep your racism from showing up in your posts?
Isnt that what happened in 08? Low quality subprime loans to minorities that couldnt afford the homes. They, minorities, were 3 times more likely to receive those loans.
Maybe, just maybe, his response is based off history and not "but muh racismmmmmm"

Forum List

Back