Democrat Platform destroys the Right to Keep and Bear Arms.

The filthy ass Democrats have never understood the Bill of Rights, have they?

Elect the asshole Democrats and you get your Constitution rights taken away and they tell you that it is for your own good.

They sure as hell don't understand what the word "infringement" means, do they? Typical for uneducated Liberals.

The only license I need to own a gun is the Bill of Rights. I sure as hell don't need some Democrat Moon Bat politician that have never fired a firearm telling me how to store and keep my firearms.

12020 Democratic Party Platform

Democrats will enact universal background checks, end online sales of guns and ammunition,
close dangerous loopholes that currently allow stalkers and some individuals convicted of assault
or battery to buy and possess firearms, and adequately fund the federal background check
system. We will close the “Charleston loophole” and prevent individuals who have been
convicted of hate crimes from possessing firearms. Democrats will ban the manufacture and sale
of assault weapons and high capacity magazines. We will incentivize states to enact licensing
requirements for owning firearms and “red flag” laws that allow courts to temporarily remove
guns from the possession of those who are a danger to themselves or others. We will pass
legislation requiring that guns be safely stored in homes. And Democrats believe that gun
companies should be held responsible for their products, just like any other business, and will
prioritize repealing the law that shields gun manufacturers from civil liability.

My god, in all this pandemic disaster, 2/3rds of states voted to hold a Constitutional convention and then the 2nd Amendment was revoked??? :)
Why weren't we told? Why wasn't the media all over this? :)
Nothing in this paragraph is anything new and has been stated across multiple bills introduced in the House.
Nothing in this paragraph infringes upon a law abiding citizens right to own and operate a firearm.
A lot of it is just common sense. Especially securing a firearm in your home. We don't need legislation for that. You should be doing that as a matter of course.

You don't understand that the filthy ass Democrats have a plan to do away with the Second Amendment by simply infringing upon the right to keep and bear arms one oppressive law at a time.

It will continue until the Supremes tell the jackasses to knock it off and then the Democrats will ignore it just like they did with Heller..

Terrible platform that infringes upon the right. All Americans should reject it.
The gun-nutters like you are doing the gun debate no favors by making their arguments all a bunch of scare tactics divorced from reality. It's like trying to have a discussion on extraterrestrial life with a UFO nut wearing a tinfoil hat. Just can't take your phantom fears seriously.
How many gun laws do we need before criminals start obeying them?

Elect the asshole Democrats and you get your Constitution rights taken away and they tell you that it is for your own good.

They sure as hell don't understand what the word "infringement" means, do they? Typical for uneducated Liberals.

The only license I need to own a gun is the Bill of Rights. I sure as hell don't need some Democrat Moon Bat politician that have never fired a firearm telling me how to store and keep my firearms.

Democrats will enact universal background checks, end online sales of guns and ammunition,
close dangerous loopholes that currently allow stalkers and some individuals convicted of assault
or battery to buy and possess firearms, and adequately fund the federal background check
system. We will close the “Charleston loophole” and prevent individuals who have been
convicted of hate crimes from possessing firearms. Democrats will ban the manufacture and sale
of assault weapons and high capacity magazines. We will incentivize states to enact licensing
requirements for owning firearms and “red flag” laws that allow courts to temporarily remove
guns from the possession of those who are a danger to themselves or others. We will pass
legislation requiring that guns be safely stored in homes. And Democrats believe that gun
companies should be held responsible for their products, just like any other business, and will
prioritize repealing the law that shields gun manufacturers from civil liability.

My god, in all this pandemic disaster, 2/3rds of states voted to hold a Constitutional convention and then the 2nd Amendment was revoked??? :)
Nothing in this paragraph is anything new and has been stated across multiple bills introduced in the House.
Nothing in this paragraph infringes upon a law abiding citizens right to own and operate a firearm.
A lot of it is just common sense. Especially securing a firearm in your home. We don't need legislation for that. You should be doing that as a matter of course.

You don't understand that the filthy ass Democrats have a plan to do away with the Second Amendment by simply infringing upon the right to keep and bear arms one oppressive law at a time.

It will continue until the Supremes tell the jackasses to knock it off and then the Democrats will ignore it just like they did with Heller..

Terrible platform that infringes upon the right. All Americans should reject it.
The gun-nutters like you are doing the gun debate no favors by making their arguments all a bunch of scare tactics divorced from reality. It's like trying to have a discussion on extraterrestrial life with a UFO nut wearing a tinfoil hat. Just can't take your phantom fears seriously.
Risk reward. Criminals don't respect laws but if they get caught breaking them they can be held accountable. So some they may break others they won't because they don't want to risk the penalty. Do you understand how that works?

The only license I need to own a gun is the Bill of Rights
Sure, just as soon as you join that "well regulated Militia".

Also how do you know what the Democratic party platform will be in 10,000 years?

The States have the right to a militia, the people have the RKBA.
Is the militia different than the state police force? If so, how?
That's not how the 2a reads.

Also how do you know what the Democratic party platform will be in 10,000 years?

The militia was the State's "army". The concern at the creation of the Constitution is that the Federal government would not allow States to keep their standing or even part time forces. So the 2nd guaranteed the States the ability to keep said forces.

ok so the state police is not the militia.... What is?

The 2nd amendment was 2 concepts. 1st, the States are allowed their standing and part time "armies", and 2nd, the people keep the right to keep and bear arms.

Risk reward. Criminals don't respect laws but if they get caught breaking them they can be held accountable. So some they may break others they won't because they don't want to risk the penalty. Do you understand how that works?
Restrictive gun laws like the ones proposed by Democrats create criminals by criminalizing innocent behavior.

I don't see how the Bill of Rights or any legislation prevents regulations around gun ownership. We have legal regulations for all of our constitutional rights. Can you explain how the second amendment is different?

You don't understand because you don't know what the phrase "shall not infringe" means. A common Moon Bat aliment.
Do you think a 10 year old should be able to go to the local store and buy an uzi with their skittles? Question sounds crazy but I'm curious if you think that there should be any boundaries... Even common sense ones

I don't think their should be any laws against firearms.

Only laws against doing illegal things with firearms, like shooting people that aren't a threat to you.

By the way, at ten I was able to shoot and responsibly handle a firearm. If you weren't then that was your problem.
Good for you. So you'd be cool with a 711 having uzi's for sale and selling them 10 year olds no questions asked? Lets just be clear. Is that a yes, you'd be fine with that?

What part of "there should be no gun laws" don't you understand?

A 7-11 will sell all kinds of products to 10 year olds that are dangerous.

10 year old will ride in vehicles that are tremendous killers. A responsible parent will drive safely and make sure they wear seat belts. 10 year olds go into swimming pools that are drowning hazards. Responsible parents make sure the kids can swim or watch them if they don't.

A responsible parent will make sure that if a kid has a firearm then they know how to safely used it, like my parents did to me at that age.

If you don't have the responsibility to make your kids safe then that is no reason to take away my Constitutional rights.

It is obvious you understand the concept of responsibility, do you? Most Liberals don't.
Correct, but we don't sell cars to 10 year olds or allow them to drive. But I understand we are talking about a God given right thats protected but the constitution so I just wanted to highlight the fact that you think it would be ok to sell an uzi to a 10 year old with no questions asked. Its your right to have at opinion and its my right to think youre crazy and irresponsible for supporting such a thing as it is obviously a crazy and dangerous notion, not to mention a public safety risk that I don't think any city in this country would be willing to take.

I played your little stupid game where you used a ridiculous example.

Kind of like when you assholes use the example of rape and incest as an example of why we should allow abortion when 97% of abortions are on demand for the sake of convenience.

You stupid Libtards pull silly shit like that all the time. Because you are confused. The oppressive gun controls laws in this country are not oppressive because they prevent a ten year old from going into a 7-11 and buying an AK-47. They are oppressive because they infringe upon the right of citizens to keep and bear arms. Restricting who can own one, what they can own and how they can "bear" it.

Like I said you stupid uneducated Liberals have no concept of individual responsible nor do you even know what the word infringe means. You must of been absent the day your second grade teacher discussed the word.

The militia was the State's "army". The concern at the creation of the Constitution is that the Federal government would not allow States to keep their standing or even part time forces. So the 2nd guaranteed the States the ability to keep said forces.
Thats how I understood it as well... So would you consider the State Police as an example of what the constitution had in mind?

Restrictive gun laws like the ones proposed by Democrats create criminals by criminalizing innocent behavior.
Hold up, thats a change of subject... You made a comment about criminal behavior and I responded to that. Can you respond to my direct answers to your questions?

It's hilarious how you irrational gun-haters trot out the "militia" bit, pretending you're the only person who's ever noticed it.

You really expect people to say, "OMG MAN YOU RIGHT IMMA JOIN A MILITIA OR ELSE GIVE UP MY GUNS", don't you?

I don't see how the Bill of Rights or any legislation prevents regulations around gun ownership. We have legal regulations for all of our constitutional rights. Can you explain how the second amendment is different?

You don't understand because you don't know what the phrase "shall not infringe" means. A common Moon Bat aliment.
Do you think a 10 year old should be able to go to the local store and buy an uzi with their skittles? Question sounds crazy but I'm curious if you think that there should be any boundaries... Even common sense ones

I don't think their should be any laws against firearms.

Only laws against doing illegal things with firearms, like shooting people that aren't a threat to you.

By the way, at ten I was able to shoot and responsibly handle a firearm. If you weren't then that was your problem.
Good for you. So you'd be cool with a 711 having uzi's for sale and selling them 10 year olds no questions asked? Lets just be clear. Is that a yes, you'd be fine with that?

What part of "there should be no gun laws" don't you understand?

A 7-11 will sell all kinds of products to 10 year olds that are dangerous.

10 year old will ride in vehicles that are tremendous killers. A responsible parent will drive safely and make sure they wear seat belts. 10 year olds go into swimming pools that are drowning hazards. Responsible parents make sure the kids can swim or watch them if they don't.

A responsible parent will make sure that if a kid has a firearm then they know how to safely used it, like my parents did to me at that age.

If you don't have the responsibility to make your kids safe then that is no reason to take away my Constitutional rights.

It is obvious you understand the concept of responsibility, do you? Most Liberals don't.
Correct, but we don't sell cars to 10 year olds or allow them to drive. But I understand we are talking about a God given right thats protected but the constitution so I just wanted to highlight the fact that you think it would be ok to sell an uzi to a 10 year old with no questions asked. Its your right to have at opinion and its my right to think youre crazy and irresponsible for supporting such a thing as it is obviously a crazy and dangerous notion, not to mention a public safety risk that I don't think any city in this country would be willing to take.

I played your little stupid game where you used a ridiculous example.

Kind of like when you assholes use the example of rape and incest as an example of why we should allow abortion when 97% of abortions are on demand for the sake of convenience.

You stupid Libtards pull silly shit like that all the time. Because you are confused. The oppressive gun controls laws in this country are not oppressive because they prevent a ten year old from going into a 7-11 and buying an AK-47. They are oppressive because they infringe upon the right of citizens to keep and bear arms. Restricting who can own one, what they can own and how they can "bear" it.

Like I said you stupid uneducated Liberals have no concept of individual responsible nor do you even know what the word infringe means. You must of been absent the day your second grade teacher discussed the word.
I appreciate you playing my game and giving straight answers. not many on this board have the balls to do that. I'm sorry to say that I just don't agree with or respect your answer. But thats fine, we aren't going to agree on everything. My example that you agreed to does show an irrationality in the things you support though. Sorry to say it but its true and I think you know it.

Hold up, thats a change of subject... You made a comment about criminal behavior and I responded to that. Can you respond to my direct answers to your questions?
Its not as much of a change of subject as you want to believe.

Yes, I understand how risk/reward works. Obviously -- not very well.

Meanwhile, Democrats want to criminalize acts that don't cause much crime to begin with.

There is a deeper purpose at work here. Given the Democrats' well-deserved reputation as being soft on crime, they're not interested in reducing crime.

If you can't make sense of a single clearly stated sentence, then you're the friggin nut, not him. Either that or you're simply an asshole.

Its not as much of a change of subject as you want to believe.

Yes, I understand how risk/reward works. Obviously -- not very well.

Meanwhile, Democrats want to criminalize acts that don't cause much crime to begin with.

There is a deeper purpose at work here. Given the Democrats' well-deserved reputation as being soft on crime, they're not interested in reducing crime.
I don't support all the gun legislation proposed as some of it I don't see how it makes a practical impact. But I do see much of it and the inherent intent to keep dangerous guns out of hands of dangerous people. I think its a fair discussion that needs to be taken issue by issue. These blanket attacks are useless to me.

If you can't make sense of a single clearly stated sentence, then you're the friggin nut, not him. Either that or you're simply an asshole.
Reminder that the entire anti-gun argument is based on irrational fear-mongering.

"Shall not be infringed"

I don't support all the gun legislation proposed as some of it I don't see how it makes a practical impact. But I do see much of it and the inherent intent to keep dangerous guns out of hands of dangerous people. I think its a fair discussion that needs to be taken issue by issue. These blanket attacks are useless to me.
"Dangerous guns".

No such thing. Guns are inanimate objects. They don't act; they are acted upon. They are a tool to be utilized.

"Dangerous people".

Getting closer there. Two problems, though.

1. Dangerous people will act dangerously regardless of the tools available or the laws preventing their actions.

2. It really depends on who's defining what's dangerous, doesn't it? To some people, ideas are dangerous and their dissemination must be prevented and those who believe in them must be punished.

View attachment 368390

Which of these will impact you directly? They all seem like common sense ideas that shouldn't adversely impact most users.
  1. enact universal background checks, end online sales of guns and ammunition,
  2. close dangerous loopholes that currently allow stalkers and some individuals convicted of assault or battery to buy and possess firearms, and
  3. adequately fund the federal background check system
  4. close the “Charleston loophole” and prevent individuals who have been convicted of hate crimes from possessing firearms.
  5. ban the manufacture and sale of assault weapons and high capacity magazines.
  6. incentivize states to enact licensing requirements for owning firearms and “red flag” laws that allow courts to temporarily remove guns from the possession of those who are a danger to themselves or others. We will
  7. pass legislation requiring that guns be safely stored in homes.
  8. gun companies should be held responsible for their products, just like any other business,
  9. prioritize repealing the law that shields gun manufacturers from civil liability.

1. You already cannot buy a firearm from a dealer or out of state seller without it going to a FFL where the filthy government already requires a background check. It is legal to own firearms and I should be able to buy them and ammo online like any other commodity.

2. I don't trust the government to close any so called loopholes because they have proven themselves to be oppressive. I can give several examples if you are confused about it.

3. Background checks are having to get government permission to enjoy a right that is guaranteed under the Constitution and they don't do anything to curtail crime.

4. The filthy ass Libtards will define anything that does not not support their socialist racist agenda to be a hate crimes so fuck 'em.

5. Absolutely no. What the confused stupid Liberals call "assault weapons" only account for a small percentage of the gun crimes in this country. Most gun crimes in this country are done with cheap stolen hanguns in the Black and Hispanic ghetto community by druggies, gang banger and street thugs that don't use assault wepons. Besides, why should I be prevented from having an AR-15 just because somebody else uses it for a crime?

6. The Second Amendment is the only license I need to own a firearm. I sure as hell don't need some stupid bureaucrat determining if I have the right to keep and bear arms.

7. I don't need some stupid bureaucrat that has never held a firearm telling me (a certified firearms instructor and range officer) how to safely store firearms. What the dishonest bastards will tell us is that we have to store them so that they can't ever be used.

8 and 9. The Trial Lawyers Association is a big donor to the Democrat filth so they would love to make millions of dollars in lawsuits. A person is repsonsible for their own actions, not the firearms manufacture. If a gun is unsafe like blowing up when it is fired then the gun manufactures are held already held responsible. They should not be held responsible if someone uses their product in an illegal manner.

1. You already cannot buy a firearm from a dealer or out of state seller without it going to a FFL where the filthy government already requires a background check. It is legal to own firearms and I should be able to buy them and ammo online like any other commodity.

Does the 2nd apply to criminals and the mentally ill? How do you prevent them from obtaining guns if it doesn't? "Firearm" is a pretty generic term. Does the 2nd cover 50 caliber machine guns or 30mm gatling guns (A-10)?

2. I don't trust the government to close any so called loopholes because they have proven themselves to be oppressive. I can give several examples if you are confused about it.

I am confused since I've never felt oppressed by our government. I'm not fond of taxes and speed limits but I understand their necessity.

3. Background checks are having to get government permission to enjoy a right that is guaranteed under the Constitution and they don't do anything to curtail crime.

Does the 2nd apply to criminals and the mentally ill? How do you prevent them from obtaining guns if it doesn't?

4. The filthy ass Libtards will define anything that does not not support their socialist racist agenda to be a hate crimes so fuck 'em.

I don't feel bad for you because you live in a democracy.

5. Absolutely no. What the confused stupid Liberals call "assault weapons" only account for a small percentage of the gun crimes in this country. Most gun crimes in this country are done with cheap stolen hanguns in the Black and Hispanic ghetto community by druggies, gang banger and street thugs that don't use assault wepons. Besides, why should I be prevented from having an AR-15 just because somebody else uses it for a crime?

Are there any weapons that should not be available to the general public?

6. The Second Amendment is the only license I need to own a firearm. I sure as hell don't need some stupid bureaucrat determining if I have the right to keep and bear arms.

Bureaucrats don't make laws, your ELECTED officials do. Again, I don't feel bad for you because you live in a democracy.

7. I don't need some stupid bureaucrat that has never held a firearm telling me (a certified firearms instructor and range officer) how to safely store firearms. What the dishonest bastards will tell us is that we have to store them so that they can't ever be used.

You may know what you're doing but that doesn't seem to be universal:
  • 1.7 million children live with unlocked, loaded guns - 1 out of 3 homes with kids have guns.
  • In 2015, 2,824 children (age 0 to 19 years) died by gunshot and an additional 13,723 were injured.
8 and 9. The Trial Lawyers Association is a big donor to the Democrat filth so they would love to make millions of dollars in lawsuits. A person is repsonsible for their own actions, not the firearms manufacture. If a gun is unsafe like blowing up when it is fired then the gun manufactures are held already held responsible. They should not be held responsible if someone uses their product in an illegal manner.

I believe the big drug companies make the same argument whey they sell opiates.

Forum List

Back