Democrat Platform destroys the Right to Keep and Bear Arms.

The filthy ass Democrats have never understood the Bill of Rights, have they?

Elect the asshole Democrats and you get your Constitution rights taken away and they tell you that it is for your own good.

They sure as hell don't understand what the word "infringement" means, do they? Typical for uneducated Liberals.

The only license I need to own a gun is the Bill of Rights. I sure as hell don't need some Democrat Moon Bat politician that have never fired a firearm telling me how to store and keep my firearms.

12020 Democratic Party Platform

Democrats will enact universal background checks, end online sales of guns and ammunition,
close dangerous loopholes that currently allow stalkers and some individuals convicted of assault
or battery to buy and possess firearms, and adequately fund the federal background check
system. We will close the “Charleston loophole” and prevent individuals who have been
convicted of hate crimes from possessing firearms. Democrats will ban the manufacture and sale
of assault weapons and high capacity magazines. We will incentivize states to enact licensing
requirements for owning firearms and “red flag” laws that allow courts to temporarily remove
guns from the possession of those who are a danger to themselves or others. We will pass
legislation requiring that guns be safely stored in homes. And Democrats believe that gun
companies should be held responsible for their products, just like any other business, and will
prioritize repealing the law that shields gun manufacturers from civil liability.
I don't see how the Bill of Rights or any legislation prevents regulations around gun ownership. We have legal regulations for all of our constitutional rights. Can you explain how the second amendment is different?
"Shall not be infringed"
Correct, that does not mean it can't be regulated. That has been determined by the Supreme Court which is where issues of legal interpretation and conflict are decided as directed by the constitution.

Elect the asshole Democrats and you get your Constitution rights taken away and they tell you that it is for your own good.

They sure as hell don't understand what the word "infringement" means, do they? Typical for uneducated Liberals.

The only license I need to own a gun is the Bill of Rights. I sure as hell don't need some Democrat Moon Bat politician that have never fired a firearm telling me how to store and keep my firearms.

Democrats will enact universal background checks, end online sales of guns and ammunition,
close dangerous loopholes that currently allow stalkers and some individuals convicted of assault
or battery to buy and possess firearms, and adequately fund the federal background check
system. We will close the “Charleston loophole” and prevent individuals who have been
convicted of hate crimes from possessing firearms. Democrats will ban the manufacture and sale
of assault weapons and high capacity magazines. We will incentivize states to enact licensing
requirements for owning firearms and “red flag” laws that allow courts to temporarily remove
guns from the possession of those who are a danger to themselves or others. We will pass
legislation requiring that guns be safely stored in homes. And Democrats believe that gun
companies should be held responsible for their products, just like any other business, and will
prioritize repealing the law that shields gun manufacturers from civil liability.

My god, in all this pandemic disaster, 2/3rds of states voted to hold a Constitutional convention and then the 2nd Amendment was revoked??? :)
Why weren't we told? Why wasn't the media all over this? :)
Nothing in this paragraph is anything new and has been stated across multiple bills introduced in the House.
Nothing in this paragraph infringes upon a law abiding citizens right to own and operate a firearm.
A lot of it is just common sense. Especially securing a firearm in your home. We don't need legislation for that. You should be doing that as a matter of course.

You don't understand that the filthy ass Democrats have a plan to do away with the Second Amendment by simply infringing upon the right to keep and bear arms one oppressive law at a time.

It will continue until the Supremes tell the jackasses to knock it off and then the Democrats will ignore it just like they did with Heller..

Terrible platform that infringes upon the right. All Americans should reject it.
The gun-nutters like you are doing the gun debate no favors by making their arguments all a bunch of scare tactics divorced from reality. It's like trying to have a discussion on extraterrestrial life with a UFO nut wearing a tinfoil hat. Just can't take your phantom fears seriously.

If you can't make sense of a single clearly stated sentence, then you're the friggin nut, not him. Either that or you're simply an asshole.
Pretty tired of the right not being able to talk about guns without going insane with the baseless paranoia. I have a certain number of firearms myself but they are just tools to make holes in things, not some grand political statement.

I don't see how the Bill of Rights or any legislation prevents regulations around gun ownership. We have legal regulations for all of our constitutional rights. Can you explain how the second amendment is different?

That's a good point, and probably why we have 20,000+ gun laws already on the books. Enforce existing laws before thinking of adding new ones.

I don't support all the gun legislation proposed as some of it I don't see how it makes a practical impact. But I do see much of it and the inherent intent to keep dangerous guns out of hands of dangerous people. I think its a fair discussion that needs to be taken issue by issue. These blanket attacks are useless to me.
"Dangerous guns".

No such thing. Guns are inanimate objects. They don't act; they are acted upon. They are a tool to be utilized.

"Dangerous people".

Getting closer there. Two problems, though.

1. Dangerous people will act dangerously regardless of the tools available or the laws preventing their actions.

2. It really depends on who's defining what's dangerous, doesn't it? To some people, ideas are dangerous and their dissemination must be prevented and those who believe in them must be punished.
Of course there are dangerous guns... extreme example... put a musket next to an Auto with a 100 round magazine... are you really going to tell me that the Auto isn't a more dangerous weapon? Give me a break

That's a good point, and probably why we have 20,000+ gun laws already on the books. Enforce existing laws before thinking of adding new ones.
I disagree... Make better laws, purge useless laws, thats a better plan if you want to progress

I don't support all the gun legislation proposed as some of it I don't see how it makes a practical impact. But I do see much of it and the inherent intent to keep dangerous guns out of hands of dangerous people. I think its a fair discussion that needs to be taken issue by issue. These blanket attacks are useless to me.
"Dangerous guns".

No such thing. Guns are inanimate objects. They don't act; they are acted upon. They are a tool to be utilized.

"Dangerous people".

1. Dangerous people will act dangerously regardless of the tools available or the laws preventing their actions.

2. It really depends on who's defining what's dangerous, doesn't it? To some people, ideas are dangerous and their dissemination must be prevented and those who believe in them must be punished.
Dangerous people do not need to be enabled by easy access to tools for killing. I'd rather a crazy guy try and kill people with a knife instead of a machine gun. Get it?

"Take guns first, go through due process second." - The President of the United States of America.

Just quoting this as it needs repeated over and over.
Why?

Oh, wait -- you really think that if conservatives know Trump said this, they'll either change their minds on the Second Amendment or abandon Trump.

Trump was wrong. I'm going to vote for him in November.

How's that working out for you?

"Take guns first, go through due process second." - The President of the United States of America.

Why?

Oh, wait -- you really think that if conservatives know Trump said this, they'll either change their minds on the Second Amendment or abandon Trump.

I don't care who you vote for . Vote for the acknowledged liar if you wish. It doesnt make me look bad.

"Dangerous guns".

"Dangerous people".

Of course there are dangerous guns... extreme example... put a musket next to an Auto with a 100 round magazine... are you really going to tell me that the Auto isn't a more dangerous weapon? Give me a break
Now you're moving the goalposts. You said nothing about the degree of danger.

You wouldn't want someone with a mental illness to have a .50 Barrett sniper rifle. Are you okay with them having a .22 Derringer? The .50 is far more dangerous a weapon.

Where do you draw the line? Or why don't you just go ahead and admit you don't have a line?

"Dangerous guns".

"Dangerous people".

Dangerous people do not need to be enabled by easy access to tools for killing. I'd rather a crazy guy try and kill people with a knife instead of a machine gun. Get it?
Tell me what a machine gun is.

Why?

I don't care who you vote for . Vote for the acknowledged liar if you wish. It doesnt make me look bad.
Voting for Biden does. Just sayin'.

Why?

I'm not sure the point. I'm not voting for Biden even though at one point or another Trump has held the same positions as Biden.

Biden would likely be all on board with Trump here.

"Dangerous guns".

"Dangerous people".

How are we enabling dangerous people easy access? We have 20,000+ gun laws.

What new law do you propose will stop "dangerous" people from acquiring firearms?

"Dangerous guns".

"Dangerous people".

What new law do you propose will stop "dangerous" people from acquiring firearms?

We could make huge cuts to the defense budget and do that.

Why?

I'm not sure the point. I'm not voting for Biden even though at one point or another Trump has held the same positions as Biden.

Biden would likely be all on board with Trump here.
Uh huh.

"Dangerous guns".

"Dangerous people".

A Soldier once stole your girlfriend, didn't he?

"Dangerous guns".

"Dangerous people".

A Soldier once stole your girlfriend, didn't he?

No that I can recall.

Translation...
Turn the US into the shitholes that Brown people are running away from.
Yes; I read it.

It is the repukes that take liberties away. Dems define them.

Forum List

Back