Democracy in America Is Already Weak and It’s Only Getting Worse, Majority of Americans Say

IM2

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Mar 11, 2015
I've heard enough of conservatives making claims about how the American people approve of this shit.

We don't.

This nation has made a huge mistake and we all are going to pay a very high price and when these same dumb ass conservatives start crying when the shit blows back in faces I'll just have 3 words for them:

Too bad fucker.

Democracy in America Is Already Weak and It’s Only Getting Worse, Majority of Americans Say in New Poll

By Paul Leblanc On 6/26/18 at 12:17 PM

A majority of Americans see democracy in the United States as weak and even more believe it's getting weaker, according to a new poll.

Fifty-five percent of Americans said democracy in the United States was currently “weak,” a poll from The Democracy Project released Tuesday found. An even larger majority, 68 percent, said they believe democracy in the U.S. is “getting weaker.” The poll found a notable partisan divide over opinions on the state of democracy. While 79 percent of Democrats said democracy is getting weaker, only 47 percent of Republicans said the same.

“We hope this work can be a step toward restoring faith in democracy and democratic institutions,” former President George W. Bush said in a statement about the results according to The Washington Post. The poll was commissioned by the George W. Bush Institute, The Biden Center at the University of Pennsylvania and Freedom House.

“The findings of The Democracy Project confirm we can’t take our freedoms for granted—we have to work for them, and we have to defend them,” former Vice President Joe Biden said. “It’s also a reminder that our democracy has never been perfect, and we can’t be complacent if we hope to continue to lead in the 21st century.”

Democracy in America is already weak and it’s only getting worse, majority say in new poll

Last edited:
And most Americans would be correct.

But it’s too late now to do anything about safeguarding our rights and protected liberties – the time to act was November 2016, and the people failed at that task miserably.

Elections have serious, dire – and in the case of Trump, disastrous – consequences.

But it’s too late now to do anything about safeguarding our rights and protected liberties – the time to act was November 2016, and the people failed at that task miserably.

Elections have serious, dire – and in the case of Trump, disastrous – consequences.

No doubt about it C and we are paying and are going to pay a stern price.

it's funny how the party on the outs thinks that our REPUBLIC is doomed.

I wouldn't have been able to take that poll, since I know we are not a democracy.

This was a poll by the GW Bush Institute and it says 55 percent of ALL Americans feel his way. Republic or democracy, playing with words doesn't change this.

I've heard enough of conservatives making claims about how the American people approve of this shit.

We don't.

This nation has made a huge mistake and we all are going to pay a very high price and when these same dumb ass conservatives start crying when the shit blows back in faces I'll just have 3 words for them:

Too bad fucker.

Democracy in America Is Already Weak and It’s Only Getting Worse, Majority of Americans Say in New Poll

A majority of Americans see democracy in the United States as weak and even more believe it's getting weaker, according to a new poll.

Fifty-five percent of Americans said democracy in the United States was currently “weak,” a poll from The Democracy Project released Tuesday found. An even larger majority, 68 percent, said they believe democracy in the U.S. is “getting weaker.” The poll found a notable partisan divide over opinions on the state of democracy. While 79 percent of Democrats said democracy is getting weaker, only 47 percent of Republicans said the same.

“We hope this work can be a step toward restoring faith in democracy and democratic institutions,” former President George W. Bush said in a statement about the results according to The Washington Post. The poll was commissioned by the George W. Bush Institute, The Biden Center at the University of Pennsylvania and Freedom House.

“The findings of The Democracy Project confirm we can’t take our freedoms for granted—we have to work for them, and we have to defend them,” former Vice President Joe Biden said. “It’s also a reminder that our democracy has never been perfect, and we can’t be complacent if we hope to continue to lead in the 21st century.”

Democracy in America is already weak and it’s only getting worse, majority say in new poll
From the people who are trying to limit a Constitutional right.

We don't.

Too bad fucker.

From the people who are trying to limit a Constitutional right.

And what right would that be?

I wouldn't have been able to take that poll, since I know we are not a democracy.

This was a poll by the GW Bush Institute and it says 55 percent of ALL Americans feel his way. Republic or democracy, playing with words doesn't change this.
look up both words

you're part of the ignorant people that don't understand there's a huge difference.

We don't.

Too bad fucker.

But then they keep electing the people who weaken democracy.

We don't.

Too bad fucker.

But then they keep electing the people who weaken democracy.
how has our republic been weakened?

what's been passed that has taken away your right to vote?

if you are talking about the influence of major companies, save it, everyone knows the importance of owning a couple of politicians, and is not new.

look up both words

you're part of the ignorant people that don't understand there's a huge difference.

I know the difference and no matter what, the fact remains that what Trump is doing doesn't represent either.

Absolutely.

we are paying and are going to pay a stern price.

700-00063678en_Masterfile.jpg

Lol. Trump is undoing the travesty that was the previous presidency.

While 79 percent of Democrats said democracy is getting weaker, only 47 percent of Republicans said the same.

No surprise there, Sheeple-D love "democracy" as long the vote comes out the way they want it to, it's when they lose that they start bitching about it being "weak" and "unfair"...….

One of the only good things about the Republican brand of sheeple, they don't bitch and whine nearly as much when they lose.

While 79 percent of Democrats said democracy is getting weaker, only 47 percent of Republicans said the same.

No surprise there, Sheeple-D love "democracy" as long the vote comes out the way they want it to, it's when they lose that they start bitching about it being "weak" and "unfair"...….

One of the only good things about the Republican brand of sheeple, they don't bitch and whine nearly as much when they lose.

So I guess that explains what republicans were doing from 1-20-2009 until 1-20-2017. Or during the Clinton administration.

Trump is creating a travesty. The travesty you claim was the last presidency did not exist except on Fox news.

So I guess that explains what republicans were doing from 1-20-2009 until 1-20-2017. Or during the Clinton administration.

I don't recall any significant proportion of the of the sheeple-R flock bitching and whining about "democracy" being "weak" during either of those periods, they tended to bitch and whine about the way things were being run along with assorted other nonsense.

When it comes to bitching about democracy only when the vote doesn't go their way, the Democrats are the uncontested World Heavyweight Champs, it's just unfortunate for 'em that there isn't a Nobel Prize in the field of "Sore Losers", 'cause they'd win it hands down.

… on the bright side, the YouTube videos Democrat Dingbats inspire when they lose are fucking PRICELESS.

Trump is creating a travesty. The travesty you claim was the last presidency did not exist except on Fox news.

The proof is in the failed foreign and domestic policies of O. It will take time to clean the stain and hate of that presidency.

Forum List

Back